Winkyduck Update

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Winky

had no idea. sending you love man! Stay strong!!!

Thanks for the kind thoughts. I'll take as many as I can get. I need them to get thru this very tough time in my life. I can only get thru this with the incredible help of my amazing family. If I was without any family I would have already "ended things" since this is not something one person can beat. I have a lot of family helping me and even that seems short at times. I know I will get thru this but at times I wonder..............................................

Paleface

EOG 500 Champion Dec. 2013
Try to do something to make yourself feel better at least once a day. Might be binge watching Miami Vice or eating something you like. Will help make the time go by faster as you recover from this.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Try to do something to make yourself feel better at least once a day. Might be binge watching Miami Vice or eating something you like. Will help make the time go by faster as you recover from this.

I try and do some walking around the house. It might be on both crutches but I need to do something for my legs. Especially the right one. I know I will need 2-ish months of rehab when all is said and done

The one thing I have vowed is: The rectangular box that sits in the living room of most of us IS NO LONGER GOING TO DOMINATE MY LIFE!

I might not be able to do it this season since my legs can't.......but come the 2020 season I want to get on a bike and take the near by Santa Ana River Trail and just take it North. I will pass by Anaheim Stadium and then head East to Anaheim Hills or the like and if I start about 8-9A stop by some place around 11A-Noon and just enjoy a nice meal at some Mom/Pop place I would never discover in a zillion years but stop and have all in the party enjoy a nice meal and soak up the sun and all of a wonderful day we might normally have spent glued to the TV or Internet watching the NFL and of Fantasy Football team.

I just want to visit places in the area I have never been to before and just enjoy the sites and sounds of the area and realize life exists outside of the living room or TV.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Update

I am posting this from a gorgeous room on the 8th floor at Hoag Hospital. I have a corner room with 3 windows, a full couch, a table and chair. My room is nice

Chemo Round 2 starts Thursday morning meaning I will be here until Tuesday morning. Sucks but what can I do

DrunkenGoon

EOG Dedicated
Was away for a while and just catching up. This is a tough one winky but you've got the right approach! Stay strong and fight back! All the best!

Snow is still melting here, but I'm gonna try go on a bike ride this afternoon like you said you would when up for it.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Was away for a while and just catching up. This is a tough one winky but you've got the right approach! Stay strong and fight back! All the best!

Snow is still melting here, but I'm gonna try go on a bike ride this afternoon like you said you would when up for it.

There is no way to describe what Chemo is like unless you have gone thru it. It zaps what it is supposed to zap but it also zaps all energy from you as well as your desire to live. Enjoy the ride. I sooooo wanna do that!

There is no way to describe what Chemo is like unless you have gone thru it. It zaps what it is supposed to zap but it also zaps all energy from you as well as your desire to live. Enjoy the ride. I sooooo wanna do that!

Best wishes Winky-I look back at the toughest things I went through in life and I am thankful for them in retrospect because by coincidences of them they turned me onto the best things that ever happened to me. Not trying to be preachy and in no way am I saying I've ever walked in yours or anyone else's shoes but I just believe life has a strange way of working itself out for the better.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Best wishes Winky-I look back at the toughest things I went through in life and I am thankful for them in retrospect because by coincidences of them they turned me onto the best things that ever happened to me. Not trying to be preachy and in no way am I saying I've ever walked in yours or anyone else's shoes but I just believe life has a strange way of working itself out for the better.

Great reply. This will make me stronger. Anyone going thru what I have and will go thru. This has already changed my life. I now realize what IS and IS NOT important in life. I realize I have spent way too much time in from the of the TV and not living and that changes ASAP

Dell Dude

EOG Master
I am going to step out and say this is more how you feel about Trump and what you'd like to happen to him.

Great reply. This will make me stronger. Anyone going thru what I have and will go thru. This has already changed my life. I now realize what IS and IS NOT important in life. I realize I have spent way too much time in from the of the TV and not living and that changes ASAP

Good on you Winky!

Dell Dude

EOG Master
Here is some good news for you. I don't think Trump runs for reelection. Not because of any of these phony scandals. I think he is going to pull a George Costanza and walk off on top. He has maybe 10 quality years left. Why mess around with a hustle double term that only Reagan conquered (and it wasn't easy). He is teasing a runner runner to help Pencil avoid a primary. Might even do it at the convention?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Here is some good news for you. I don't think Trump runs for reelection. Not because of any of these phony scandals. I think he is going to pull a George Costanza and walk off on top. He has maybe 10 quality years left. Why mess around with a hustle double term that only Reagan conquered (and it wasn't easy). He is teasing a runner runner to help Pencil avoid a primary. Might even do it at the convention?

I said the day he was elected I didn't think he'd run for re-election. Pence has no prayer to win a POTUS election. Only thing is Der Fuhrer's ego is bigger than his waist. With him nothing can be assumed

mr merlin

EOG Master
I said the day he was elected I didn't think he'd run for re-election. Pence has no prayer to win a POTUS election. Only thing is Der Fuhrer's ego is bigger than his waist. With him nothing can be assumed
He's almost a shoe in for re-election. And by the way, mocking a man for being overweight(which he really isn't considering his age) would be like mocking you for having cancer, classless.

kane

EOG master
He's almost a shoe in for re-election. And by the way, mocking a man for being overweight(which he really isn't considering his age) would be like mocking you for having cancer, classless.

What about mocking a reporter with a disability, is that classless? And yes, trump is fat, his age doesn't matter, he's a fat bloated piece of shit

kane

EOG master
Yes merlin, mocking someone over their weight and mocking someone with cancer are the same exact thing, what's wrong with you?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Only difference........I will be Cancer Free by Labor Day. He will still be fat by Labor Day. He CHOOSES to be fat.....and he is. I never CHOSE to have Cancer.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Yes merlin, mocking someone over their weight and mocking someone with cancer are the same exact thing, what's wrong with you?
It is the same, and as far as the mocking goes, Trump does mock people, that's his choice. The problem is quite a few ninnies like you hate it when trump does it, feign outrage, yet you approve of it when you dont like the target.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Only difference........I will be Cancer Free by Labor Day. He will still be fat by Labor Day. He CHOOSES to be fat.....and he is. I never CHOSE to have Cancer.
Best of luck with your treatment, hopefully you'll be around when the commander is re elected.

kane

EOG master
It is the same, and as far as the mocking goes, Trump does mock people, that's his choice. The problem is quite a few ninnies like you hate it when trump does it, feign outrage, yet you approve of it when you dont like the target.

If you think mocking someone for eating cheeseburgers and fried chicken every day, and mocking someone fighting cancer are the same, I truly feel sorry for you, but your response is what I expected from a trumptard

kane

EOG master
Someone mocking trump for being fat is funny, someone mocking trump's retarded kid isn't, sorry if you can't see the difference

Wrong. If someone makes fun of trump for being fat, it's funny and I have no problem with it. If someone makes fun of his retarded kid, it's not funny and I would have a problem with it. It isn't the target, it's the subject being mocked

mr merlin

EOG Master
Someone mocking trump for being fat is funny, someone mocking trump's retarded kid isn't, sorry if you can't see the difference

Wrong. If someone makes fun of trump for being fat, it's funny and I have no problem with it. If someone makes fun of his retarded kid, it's not funny and I would have a problem with it. It isn't the target, it's the subject being mocked
We'll have to disagree on that one, I have standards that dont change depending on my mood.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
I am now done with Round #2. A very brutal one. The Chemo did what it was supposed to do. It ZAPPED the area it was supposed to ZAP. But it also ZAPS all of your energy, stamina, strength........as well as your will to live. I spent most of the last few days sleeping with a miserable headache as well as extreme nausea that I somehow beat and did not puke my heart out. I am home and must eat but yet I am not 1% hungry at all yet I must eat and continue to take my meds.

I am home so that is most important. I now have about 3 weeks to get my White Blood Cell count above "4" (don't ask why - that is just the minimum it has to be before I can start Round #3). The next Round will be massive. Once I am done with it I will get a "PT Scan" to see where things stand as far as progress in the ultimate goal of beating this. AND I WILL BEAT IT!

#WinkyduckStrong

Valuist

EOG Master
Chemo does a great job killing cancer cells.....unfortunately it kills a number of good cells too, so very fatiguing. My wife is going thru chemo and radiation right now, so I know Winky isn't exaggerating.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Chemo does a great job killing cancer cells.....unfortunately it kills a number of good cells too, so very fatiguing. My wife is going thru chemo and radiation right now, so I know Winky isn't exaggerating.

Best of success to her. Unless someone has gone thru Chemo there is no way to be able to describe what it does to you and the side effects it leaves behind. If like last time I should be better in a few days, maybe by Saturday/Sunday, when enough Chemo has worn off and "left my body" that I can function as a more normal human being than now because right now I feel like shit

Valuist

EOG Master
My wife's treatment involves radiation 5 days a week and chemo every day for 6 weeks but because it's concurrent, the chemo is not a big dose. She will go to chemo only in June, but it will be a bigger dose. A friend's wife is doing strictly chemo now with an IV, and half her hair fell out after one session.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
My wife's treatment involves radiation 5 days a week and chemo every day for 6 weeks but because it's concurrent, the chemo is not a big dose. She will go to chemo only in June, but it will be a bigger dose. A friend's wife is doing strictly chemo now with an IV, and half her hair fell out after one session.

I check into the hospital for 5 days and get blasted by Chemo the entire time I am there. As soon as a bag is emptied a signal goes off, I let the nurses know and that bag is replaced ASAP. My massis on my back side so I sleep on my stomach and sometimes the Chemo line gets tangled meaning the machine also beeps until they fix the kink in the line. I get massive doses. I also get IV fluids as well and as a result I pee like crazy, too. I have pee bottles near me and I use them so I don't have to get out of bed to do that and then they empty them every so often. As you know the entire situation is a complete debacle and no fun at all. My hair was falling out, too. It was falling out after 1 session but I still had some. I would wake up every day with my bed and pillow case covered with hair so I finally said "FUCK IT" and got rid of it all and it was a great move because now I no longer wake up with a bed full of lost hair. The hair will grow back so no big loss and if not I am fine with it. Given the choice of no hair and living or Vice Versa that is a very easy call to make

Valuist

EOG Master
One thing I've learned is just there's many kinds of chemo treatments. My wife takes it by pill. If I give her the pills, I have to put medical gloves on. If one was to fall on the ground and the dog was to eat it, it would kill him. That's how powerful it is.

So I take it that its 5 days on, 3 weeks off? That seems to be used often. How many months?

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
One thing I've learned is just there's many kinds of chemo treatments. My wife takes it by pill. If I give her the pills, I have to put medical gloves on. If one was to fall on the ground and the dog was to eat it, it would kill him. That's how powerful it is.

So I take it that its 5 days on, 3 weeks off? That seems to be used often. How many months?

Your wife is pills. Mine is liquid form.

5 days (or so) in the Hospital then around 3 weeks off. But that 3 weeks is variable. It all depends on my White Blood Cell count. It MUST be at least 4.0 for me to go back for another Round. Months? No idea. The WBC count is most important. I just did Round #2. I have it mapped out so if all goes well my last Hospital visit should be around 1st week of August.

TheOnlyP

EOG Member
I'm pretty new to this site and don't know you Winky, but I'm sending positive vibes your way. My wife is a survivor of stage 3 breast cancer, so I know how it was with her. Keep a positive attitude the best that you can and beat this. You CAN and WILL beat it!

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Winky, if you feel up to it I'll stake you in Chitownjoes Masters contest. Picks are due 7:am cst Thursday I believe. Let me know, I'll send Joe your entry fee.

Send picks to JK if you want in. You gotta let me know.

Last edited: