WNBA 2019

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
It's Opening Day in Seattle and the Storm only dressed 10 players.

Worse yet, the Phoenix Mercury dressed nine players.

Five on the court and only four on the bench.

What a Mickey Mouse league.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Never understood that. Katie Lou #4 overall? Maybe they saw something in her none of us have? The FACT she is NOT a "winner" at all has to speak volumes. Sky get bloooooooooooowed out by 18

Good call when you knocked Katie Lou.

Yet another finesse player on the Sky, a team with little or no toughness.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Good call when you knocked Katie Lou.

Yet another finesse player on the Sky, a team with little or no toughness.

She is 6'3" yet gets nowhere near the hoop

HS: She and Karlie "got sick" and missed the playoffs her Freshman year at Edison. Transferred to Mater Dei her last 3 years. Lost 8 games in 3 years but 6 in the post-season
NCAA: Freshman year played on a 40-0 Title winning team BUT she missed the Title game with some sort of a foot injury. Last 3 years lost in the Semis all 3 years and came up small in all 3 games including the Miss State game which saw me cash my largest dog ticket ever with State +2375

Sky won't come close to winning it all while she is there. Nor will they come close. This pick made no sense at all. Pre-draft projections saw her going around early to late teens as far as draft pick number. 4? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh - yeah.........nope!

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Bonner and Griner combined for 49 of the team's 68 points.

Seattle had four players in double figures.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
She is 6'3" yet gets nowhere near the hoop

HS: She and Karlie "got sick" and missed the playoffs her Freshman year at Edison. Transferred to Mater Dei her last 3 years. Lost 8 games in 3 years but 6 in the post-season
NCAA: Freshman year played on a 40-0 Title winning team BUT she missed the Title game with some sort of a foot injury. Last 3 years lost in the Semis all 3 years and came up small in all 3 games including the Miss State game which saw me cash my largest dog ticket ever with State +2375

Sky won't come close to winning it all while she is there. Nor will they come close. This pick made no sense at all. Pre-draft projections saw her going around early to late teens as far as draft pick number. 4? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhh - yeah.........nope!

The selection of Samuelson with the #4 overall pick was nearly as bad as the selection of James Wade as the team's new head coach.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Chicago played 11 players today. 8 of 11 played 15 minutes or more and 10 of 11 reached DD minutes. Will never win this way...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
First three home games in Everett, Washington for the Storm.

The remaining 14 home games at Alaska Airlines Arena in Seattle.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Fabulous scheduling for the first weekend of the WNBA season.

All 12 teams in action over a three-day period.

Eager to watch the Sparks-Aces game later tonight.

I've studied the rookies, the injuries, the coaches and the chemistry of the 10 teams that have already played a game.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Opening Day attendance report:

Atlanta - 3,070

New York - 1,965

And the ladies cry for more money.

Ridiculous.
Announced attendance at the Angel of the Wings Arena for the Mercury-Storm game was 8,500.

With the round number of 8.500, I'll assume the attendance was an estimate.

Target Center attendance - 8,524

Mohegan Sun Arena attendance - 7,913

T-Mobile Arena attendance - 7,249

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Las Vegas is loaded and Laimbeer is still there.

The team's General Manager of Basketball Operations (Dan Padover) said the Aces are a Labor Day team, not a Memorial Day team.

Cute line but this team is really good right now.

The league is hurt by so many injuries to star players.

railbird

EOG Master
Las Vegas is loaded and Laimbeer is still there.

The team's General Manager of Basketball Operations (Dan Padover) said the Aces are a Labor Day team, not a Memorial Day team.

Cute line but this team is really good right now.

The league is hurt by so many injuries to star players.
Parker was out, that was a briefcase play yesterday

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Parker was out, that was a briefcase play yesterday

Game opened Las Vegas -2, closed Las Vegas -2.5.

Few people are watching the game and even less are bething the game.

No Cambage for the Aces.

She will play in the next week or so.

Lost 22 pounds from last season to improve her mobility.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Watched all six games on the opening weekend of the 2019 WNBA season.

Made only one bet thus far.

Took Minnesota on the money line (-170) over Chicago.

Final score: Minnesota 89 Chicago 71.

Think Indiana-Connecticut will play fast tomorrow night.

Highest total this past weekend was 161.5.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Let's face it.

The women have a brutal schedule of 34 games plus playoffs, so brutal that, last year, the Aces had to forfeit a game because of tough travel.

Solution is for Bill to go transgender player/coach and easily win the title. :)

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Ha.

Bill Laimbeer knows this guy.

View attachment 7459232

His son D.J. - just signed with Washington State. I reffed a million of his games a few summers ago. Kid has potential but is living off of his father's name to try and get things he isn't good enough to get. He turned down Fullerton and a few schools like us. He would have been better off going to Fullerton. His game is not Pac-12 ready. He won't be at WSU very long before he goes elsewhere. He left his first HS after 2 years to go some place that places in the same league as Mater Dei. His game got exposed for what it was - or more importantly - what it was not. Dennis Rodman, Jr. will be gone from WSU before his 2nd year ends and maybe after Year 1

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thanks for the scouting report, Wink.

Rodman was a late-bloomer.

Maybe his kid merely needs more time?

I give kids of professional athletes a little more time to fail.

So many Jrs and II's and III's attached to the names of college football and college basketball players nationwide.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Dennis Rodman, Jr. once said his dream school was UCLA.

At Washington State, he'll get a chance to compete against the Bruins.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: Connecticut 88 Indiana 77.

Favorite and over, barely.

Game provides a good illustration of the house doing a good job setting the opening numbers.

CGT opened Connecticut -9, closed Connecticut -9.5.

Total opened 162, closed 164.5.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Thanks for the scouting report, Wink.

Rodman was a late-bloomer.

Maybe his kid merely needs more time?

I give kids of professional athletes a little more time to fail.

So many Jrs and II's and III's attached to the names of college football and college basketball players nationwide.

Maybe so but I think Rodman's kid is trying to bank off his father and get stuff he is not good enough to get on his own. Rodman's daughter, Trinity, is the much better athlete and when she graduates HS in 2020 will be playing D1 Soccer just about anywhere she wants to play.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Interesting note.

I read where Rodman's kid plays a different style than his dad.

Junior is a finesse player and three-point shooter, two qualities foreign to Pops.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Interesting note.

I read where Rodman's kid plays a different style than his dad.

Junior is a finesse player and three-point shooter, two qualities foreign to Pops.

100% YES! Think of him as being like Katie Lou Samuelson. Likes playing up top and rarely goes down low except on drives. He might grab a few boards per game, maybe. If his last name wasn't Rodman no way he is going to a Pac-12 school and there is no way he will last more than 2 seasons there. If that. He better not think he is ready for the NBA and declare after 1 season. Or 2. Or even 3. Unless he dramatically improves (not likely) he will play 4 years in College, or leave early. I could see him playing in Europe

railbird

EOG Master
I saw rodman mom at usf at usd game, im guessing kyle smith was recruiting him to usf and took him to wazzu when he got that job

choslamshe

EOG Master
I'm on Seattle over 74.5 TT tonight against the new look, banged up Lynx. Lynx D played incredible against the Mercury but I think we see how players like Canada, Whitcomb, etc. Have grown since last year. For a toss up game I like this TT to cash.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Bet was dead less than 5 min in when it was determined that 'that' Jewel Lloyd was in uniform.

Funny.

First loss this season for you.

Sue Bird last weekend said Jewel needs to just play and not think.

Bird said virtually the same thing about backcourt mate Jordin Canada.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The WNBA steps aside for Game 1 of the NBA Finals on Thursday night, but they've scheduled three games for Friday night and four more on Saturday.

Handicapping now.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Minnesota rookie Napheesa Collier scored 27 points in her debut but only nine points in the second game of her pro career.

Collier scored nine points in the first nine minutes of the game, then disappeared thereafter.

I like Collier's long arms, she's got a pro body already.

She attended the same high school as Maya Moore and has been compared to Moore for years.

The Lynx are 113-24 at home since 2011.

Last edited: