WNBA 2019

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Final score: Mystics 81 Sparks 52.

A true ass-whipping.

133 on a 166 total. Under by 33 is quite a head shaker

I wanted to play Sparks to win it all but not sure about Fisher as a Coach

Chiney Ogumike is one of the most well known WNBA players because she is on ESPN. Wish LA had looked more into getting Liz Cambage. The cost couldn't have been that much more than what they (over?)paid to get Ms. ESPN. If they do Sparks probably win it all.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Here's the dirty little secret regarding Chiney's game: Connecticut did not cry when she left.

The Sun opened this season by winning eight of their first nine games in impressive fashion (6-3 ATS).

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Two games on the WNBA slate tonight.

Phoenix at Dallas and Washington at Las Vegas.

Taurasi is expected to return in less than a week, possibly Sunday at home when the Mercury host the Sparks.

Searching for a winner now.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Bonner missed practice Monday and Tuesday with a sore hip but she's expected to play tonight.

Griner is fatigued after a long season overseas.

Phoenix has been terrible defensively, last in the league in fast break points allowed and opponents three-point percentage.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Bonner missed practice Monday and Tuesday with a sore hip but she's expected to play tonight.

Griner is fatigued after a long season overseas.

Phoenix has been terrible defensively, last in the league in fast break points allowed and opponents three-point percentage.

Final score: Dallas 69 Phoenix 54.

The Mercury team was a complete and total no-show.

You did not have to bet the Wings +6.5 tonight but if wagered on Phoenix -6.5, you may want to change up your approach.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Seven games for the Dallas Wings this season and seven straight UNDERS.

Head coach Brian Agler micromanages every possession.

The slowest-paced team in the league travels to Las Vegas this weekend for a Saturday night game against the Aces.

Las Vegas, by the way, is the fastest-paced team in the league.

Interesting handicap.

The favorite-and-over and dog-and-under parlays will be more heavily-correlated than usual.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Chicago looked great in its last game against the New York Liberty.

Ball movement and player movement from their starters and subs.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Halftime score: Washington 51 Las Vegas 39.

Washington's "A" game is the best in the league.

LOVE Elena Delle Donne.

She's a nightmare to guard.

She was 2013 WNBA Rookie of the Year, 2015 WNBA MVP and I predict she will win 2019 WNBA Finals MVP.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: Washington 95 Las Vegas 72.

A real ass-whipping.

Teams meet again in three weeks (July 5).

Same site.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I will probably lay the spot (-4 or -5 or thereabouts) when Washington hosts Connecticut a week from this Saturday.

Connecticut won the first two meetings this season at Mohegan Sun Arena.

The first win came on May 25 (EDD not available for the Mystics) and the second win came on June 11 when the Mystics were outscored, 27-18, in the decisive third quarter.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The ladies of the WNBA don't have the strength to finish at the rim.

I see it nightly.

They have the speed and the skill to get to the rim but they miss a lot of easy shots in the restricted area.

That's not sexist, that's reality.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Washington is clearly the best team in the league despite Connecticut's 8-1 record and the team's two wins over Washington.

On a neutral court, Washington should be favored over Connecticut on the scale of any right-minded WNBA observer.

Heim

EOG Master
I'm looking to play the Liberty on Saturday. Their SOS to date has been brutal. They match up well with Minny. What was
the number in NY on 6/12?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Minny was -3 over New York but the Lynx lost, 75-69.

New York will be without center Amanda Zahui B.

She's overseas to compete for Team Sweden at EuroBasket Women 2019.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Thin squad.

In years past, the stars of the WNBA dominated the game.

These days, with so many stars on the sidelines, you want your team to feature depth.

See Connecticut right now.

The depth not only provides a coach some options during the game but it also makes practice time much more productive.

And a lot of these teams need practice time.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Candace Parker now has a game under her belt.

L.A. should improve dramatically by season's end.

Watch for Maria Vadeeva's return to the Sparks in mid-July to improve the squad dramatically.

Vadeeva is competing for the Russians at EuroBasket Women 2019.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Candace Parker is no longer married to former NBA player Shelden Williams.

Williams divorced Parker in 2018 citing irreconcilable differences after 10 years of marriage.

Williams was selected fifth overall in the 2006 NBA Draft by the Atlanta Hawks.

The couple had a nine-year-old daughter.

kainhouse

EOG Member
Seattle is on their 3rd string pg and Canada is nothing special to begin with. They have had to travel for every single game I believe also. Think sparks matchup relatively well and coming off the blowout loss should have a better effort here. Know seattle is getting their regular coach back and has a decent home court but I just think they don't have much talent besides howard and lloyd right now. I made the game -3 and took Pk em at the open.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Great point about Seattle's starting point guard right now.

She doesn't belong in the league.

When you read someone's comments on the WNBA, you can tell instantly if they know the product.

KAINHOUSE knows the product.

Why the screen name KAINHOUSE?

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Sue Bird wearing her girlfriend's soccer jersey on the Seattle bench.

Megan Rapinoe wears #15 for Team USA.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Brutal game, Parker looked like shit, middle school boys can shoot better. Very apropos to play in Everett.

Wish I'd up my bet on the Storm. Seattle starting all subs to start the 4th quarter. LOL

Can't watch any more of this crap basketball.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Sparks are showing how important a quality HC really is. If they had the guy they had the past few years they would be a serious title contender. Derek Fisher is a nice guy but he will never be confused with Pops, Red Auerbach or Phil Jackson and because of that they are not a serious threat to win it all

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: 84-62, Seattle.

Downgrade KAINHOUSE's power rating a half-point while adding a half-point to the power ratings of RAILBIRD, COMPTRBOB and WINKYDUCK.

Hehe.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'm getting the feeling Fisher is Michael Cooper re-visited. High expectations, medicore results. Isn't this basically the same team that went to the Finals in 2017?

If you want to bet against head coach Michael Cooper, you can fade his team (3's Company) in the BIG3 League founded by Ice Cube.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: Las Vegas 60 Seattle 56.

Ugly game for the Aces.

Laimbeer's team is underachieving early in the season.

A record of 6-4 SU but only 4-6 ATS.'

Seven of the 10 Las Vegas games have stayed UNDER the total.