Staff member
At CGT:

Chicago -6 over Atlanta (152)

Phoenix -7 over Dallas (147)

Minnesota -5 over Seattle (147.5)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Chicago averages nearly 80 points per game yet scored only 13 first-quarter points in the matinee game.

DotPark

EOG Addicted
If you're in Costa Rica watching this game live, you're a sick man.

For me, get up and take a walk and look around at some hookers.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The hookers lose their appeal after a few months.

Not sure if I feel worse for the compromised ladies or worse for the disillusioned men.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Excellent job by the officials today by being consistent and allowing post players to defend and contest shots with their hands straight up in the air.

This officiating philosophy also allows for a better flow to the game.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Attendance: 10,143.

Mostly kids screaming and hollering.

Some Atlanta players were seen covering their ears during breaks in play.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The two best athletes in the league -- Brittney Sykes and Diamond Deshields -- are going head-to-head.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: Chicago 77 Atlanta 76.

The Sky's offensive and defensive execution was outstanding in the game's final two minutes.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
Final score: Chicago 77 Atlanta 76.

The Sky's offensive and defensive execution was outstanding in the game's final two minutes.

Any action on the other two games Kelly?

Need a good beaver ball sweat today.

:censored: :censored:

(BTW got a running mate that plays regular and he likes the UNDER in Sea/Minny game..... any thoughts on that opinion?)

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
UNDER 147 feels right but the number is obviously depressed with Seattle's focus on defense.

I bet Seattle +5.

WNBA: 627 Seattle Storm +5 (-110) widely available

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
If I lose, I lose.

But I've done the work so I have no regrets.

There's a 40% chance I will lose.

Hehe.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: Seattle 90 Minnesota 79.

The Lynx opened the fourth quarter on a 25-9 run to draw within one point at 80-79.

The Storm then re-rallied to score the game's final 10 points over the game's last three minutes.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Team is doing fantastic without Stewart and Lloyd. Lloyd proving to be expendable with the emergence of both Canada and Whitcomb

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Final score: Phoenix 69 Wings 64.

The Mercury scored the game's final six points in the final 34 seconds to win by five.

Dallas lost the game but covered the spot (+7).

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Team is doing fantastic without Stewart and Lloyd. Lloyd proving to be expendable with the emergence of both Canada and Whitcomb

Addition by subtraction.

Whitcomb owns both a high-IQ game and a deadly three-point set shot.

Canada has improved as the season progressed.

And Shavonte Zellous offers a boost of offensive energy off the bench.

Of course, the Storm is missing Breanna Stewart, Sue Bird and Jewell Loyd, but they've overachieved without their three best offensive players.

Kudos to head coach Dan Hughes and top assistant Gary Kloppenburg.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Three Dog Night in the WNBA.

Despite two of the three games being afternoon affairs.

Atlanta +6, Dallas +7 and Seattle +5 all cashed.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
WNBA underdogs are now 61-39-3 against the spread for an easy-to-calculate 61% win rate from 100 outcomes.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Only one game on the Thursday slate, an afternoon game at Staples Center.

Los Angeles plays host to Dallas.

No Riquna Williams (Game 1 of a 10-game suspension for domestic abuse) for the Sparks.

Candace Parker (ankle) and Alana Beard (hamstring) are listed doubtful.

No feel for the game yet.

Dallas traveled from Phoenix earlier today.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Rematch between the Wings and Mercury Saturday night in Arlington.

I will watch the replay of today's game with Saturday's contest in mind.

I love to bet quick rematches.

I favor Dallas to win the game which should feature the Wings as a one-possession favorite (-2 or thereabouts).

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
If I lose, I lose.

But I've done the work so I have no regrets.

There's a 40% chance I will lose.

Hehe.

My subset of your plays last few seasons, I don't get them all, that's probably a conservative estimate......

I'd suggest 34-36% chance of losing would be closer. Yes, yes, small sample size but if you were losing they wouldn't mention it, LOL.

choslamshe

EOG Master
I suspect Nneka, Chiney and Chelsea will all see close to 35 minutes tomorrow in a must-win spot.

Last edited by a moderator:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I'm sizing up an UNDER play in Friday night's game between Atlanta and Connecticut.

Today's Atlanta game barely crept over the total of 152 despite 82 points being tallied by halftime.

The Dream scored 16 points in the third quarter and only 14 points in the fourth quarter of a 77-76 loss to Chicago.

But here's the key to Friday's bet:

This is the fourth meeting between Atlanta and Connecticut over the last six weeks and both teams know each other well.

Several Atlanta players in recent seasons have played for Connecticut and vice versa.

Furthermore, the final score of their last meeting (78-75 in favor of Atlanta) is phony because 14 points were scored in the game's final 39 seconds.

Additionally, each team allowed 12 offensive rebounds that night and the WNBA shot clock resets to only 14 seconds after an offensive rebound, forcing teams to jack up another shot in quick fashion.

I assume a point of emphasis for both teams will be defensive rebounding.

Total was 151.5 in the last meeting and I expect a similar number this time around.

One sidenote: The coaches are best friends and I mean BEST friends as Curt Miller served as the best man at Nikki Collen's wedding.

The close relationship doesn't help our bet, but it's interesting nonetheless.