WNBA 2019

Heim

EOG Master
6 ejections last night in DAL/PHO game......Taurasi ejected and wasn't on active roster. I can see why Griner (ejected fighting) has domestic
problems.....she's one nasty bitch.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Griner's ex-wife Glory Johnson was playing for the Dallas Wings.

They kept their distance.

Kristine Anigwe of the Wings wanted no part of Griner.

And Dallas head coach Brian Agler looked hopeless and helpless when pinned against the scorer's table.

Heim

EOG Master
Dallas plays Phoenix tough....they defended Griner and Bonner beautifully all night. I'm surprised their record is
that poor but as you mentioned previously they have limited scoring options. Phoenix looks like they're going
thru the motions until playoff time.

Heim

EOG Master
Unlike the men, women seem to care about their playoff seed.

Sky playing their asses off for a 1st round bye.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Sparks scored the final six points of the game today at Staples Center to beat the Sky, 84-81.

Great try by Chicago.

Lost the game but won the bet as a seven-point underdog.

Quick rematches next weekend with Las Vegas and Los Angeles at Wintrust Arena in downtown Chicago.

Heim

EOG Master
PHO next game should be interesting. Only seven players suited up yesterday and Griner and January will no
doubt miss some games for fighting. JK...how do you look in a blonde wig?

Heim

EOG Master
They commented on this yesterday during Aces game and I'm in agreement.....the refs need to call these games closer.
Too much aggressive play that is not called resulting in what happened in Phoenix the other night. Sure you want to
see play not whistles however the climate now is no autopsy no foul.

Heim

EOG Master
Connecticut definitely a play on team in playoffs. You can tell they're the only team to start same 5 all season. Good help defense & players seem to know where everyone is on the court.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Connecticut plays host to Seattle this Friday night.

Seattle was outscored 29-8 in the fourth quarter of an 88-59 road loss to the Washington Mystics.

I'll be surprised if the Mystics don't win the WNBA title this year.

Their motto this season is "Run It Back" after getting swept in three games by the Seattle Storm last year.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Five games on the Friday night card.

I like three of the five games.

Should go at least 2-1.

I like three home faves in a year when underdogs are barking.

Heim

EOG Master
If you're a fan you have to love the new playoff format. Best four records get a bye. Top two get a double bye. Seeds
5-8 single elimination game.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
This article only confirms what all of us here knew at the time and has only been confirmed many times over this season....................Chicago WAS OUT OF THEIR FUCKING MINDS when they chose Katie Lou Samuelson #4 overall in the 2019 Draft and passed on Collier. "Lou" has been injured most of the season and when she plays she is softer than a newborn baby's butt. Katie Lou won't be in the league in a few years.......Collier will be playing 10+ years. The draft showed why Chicago and Minny are where they are in the league year after year after year after...........

https://sports.yahoo.com/collier-having-stellar-rookie-season-070105974.html

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Spot on, Wink.

The Chicago Sky this season would be a serious title contender had they drafted Collier instead of Katie Lou.

choslamshe

EOG Master
5 games today, two huge homies with Conn and Wash favored by DD. Phoenix looks good to me but is more of a continuous fade against the leagues most pathetic team. Minnesota at +3 is intriguing...Seattle in a bit of a Jekyl/Hyde spiral it seems...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Spot on with Seattle, Cho.

Hard to know which team shows up.

No-showed the fourth quarter in their loss at Washington and then played all 40 minutes in a gutsy loss at Connecticut.

Lots of travel lately.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Some freak stuff has to happen for the Mystics not to win it all this season....

Agree, Pro.

The Mystics were my pick to win it all before the season started.

Odds of 4/1 were offered at some spots while the Aces were 2/1 and the Sparks were 3/1.

Best starting five, best second five, solid homecourt advantage and capable coaching staff

choslamshe

EOG Master
Dallas a live dog approaching half. They're frustrating the Sun who also dont appear too interested today.

Awaiting line, Sun will not run away woh the game if they in fact win...

choslamshe

EOG Master
All over Dallas +5.5 for the 2nd half. They are the better team today as 10 point dogs.

Also played Conn under 39 2nd half points big. Totally flustered offensively

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Good luck, Cho.

I've bet Dallas a lot this season.

They figured to improve under Brian Agler's patient handling.

I also like their length and attention to the defensive side of the floor.

Heim

EOG Master
Ace money a over-reaction to Wilson back...how much of a factor? Who knows. Bigger game for Sky.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
The #4 overall pick in the 2019 draft on Tuesday put up this line

Played 7:58
FG 0-2
3-PT FG 0-1
FT 2-2
1 Rebound - Offensive
+/- of -7

Season Stats

13 Games (Out of a possible 27)
Played 99 minutes or slightly more than 7.5. PER GAME PLAYED
Shooting 8-24 (33%) from 2-pt range
Shooting 7-20 (35%) from 3-pt range
FT: 13-15 which is a very acceptable 85.7%
Averaging: 2.8 PPG

9 Rebounds
4 Assists
4 Steals
1 Blocked Shot
1 Turnover
9 Fouls

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Katie Lou is a finesse player.

She was knocked to the floor on more than one occasion tonight.

Simply not strong enough to hold her spot on the court.

I love her shooting form and her ability to hit the deep 3.

But that's all she does.

Winky was right about her.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Katie Lou is a finesse player.

She was knocked to the floor on more than one occasion tonight.

Simply not strong enough to hold her spot on the court.

I love her shooting form and her ability to hit the deep 3.

But that's all she does.

Winky was right about her.

100% TRUE story

Her Junior and Senior year at Mater Dei HS I officiated the scrimmage game all local HS play and we must officiate

The 2 combined years I easily called her for travelling AT LEAST 7 TIMES! Next time she tales a shot watch her feet. She catches the ball, does a hop, then shoots. THAT IS TRAVELLING 100% OF THE TIME!

Yet it is never called. Her father, Jon - who I saw play for us at Fullerton his Freshman year, was going ape shit! every time I did it - not that I cared

choslamshe

EOG Master
Dont understand the total in Wash/Chi tonight. Seems about 8 points too high. Granted these are arguably the two most capable offenses, a lot still has to go right for these ladies to get there.

In their earlier matchup this year, I think the score landed somewhere in the mid 150s.

Chicago's D isnt as bad as the numbers might suggest and Wash boasts in my mind the most complete, playmaking D in the league.

I'm playing the under 174.5 and will be looking at taking the Wash TT under 89.5

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Two finesse teams here.

But Cho is right about Washington's improved focus on defense.

The injury to Jantel Lavender hurt Chicago.

I'll root for Cho's two plays.

EDD rarely loses to her former team.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Pretty simple, 90% of these players cannot hit a contested jump shot. Watching Sloppy Stephanie Dolson try to do anything in the paint is so comical...

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Dont understand the total in Wash/Chi tonight. Seems about 8 points too high. Granted these are arguably the two most capable offenses, a lot still has to go right for these ladies to get there.

In their earlier matchup this year, I think the score landed somewhere in the mid 150s.

Chicago's D isnt as bad as the numbers might suggest and Wash boasts in my mind the most complete, playmaking D in the league.

I'm playing the under 174.5 and will be looking at taking the Wash TT under 89.5

Winner winner.

Two for the price of none.

Nicely done, Cho.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Pretty simple, 90% of these players cannot hit a contested jump shot. Watching Sloppy Stephanie Dolson try to do anything in the paint is so comical...

She's my least favorite player in the league.

Bitches about every foul called on her.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Two finesse teams here.

But Cho is right about Washington's improved focus on defense.

The injury to Jantel Lavender hurt Chicago.

I'll root for Cho's two plays.

EDD rarely loses to her former team.

Edit: EDD had never lost (8-0) to the Chicago Sky before tonight.