WNBA 2020

choslamshe

EOG Master
Seattle -5.5 last week against the youthful Knicks was ez breezy.

Plays for tonight:

Sparks OVER 88 -120 TT
Washington -3.5 -110
Washington/Conn OVER 83 (1st half) -110
Seattle -371 ML

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
It is only 1 game for her team but looks like a new setting is not helping the #4 pick in the 2019 Draft.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Katie Lou will get more time to launch shots in Dallas.

In Chicago, with a fast-improving team, she was not an integral part of the rotation.

Looks like the Sky stole Azura Stevens from the Wings.

Interesting to note: The Dallas Wings are the youngest team in the WNBA despite the presence of seven rookies on the New York Liberty roster.

I have mixed views on Dallas head coach Brian Agler.

He left Seattle and the team bonded without him.

He left Los Angeles amid a lot of conflict and controversy.

Now he's starting over in Dallas.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
The Storm appear to be the class of the league.

They may go favored in every game they play this season.

When you think about it, its obvious that if the Storm are the class of the league, and barring some injury, "load management" or schedule anomaly, they should be projected to be favored in every game.

choslamshe

EOG Master
This could be over and ugly, very quick for the Dream tonight. So little depth and Billings is on the bench with 2 fouls 3 minutes in. Same with Stricklen.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Unlucky miss on the total. Flies over if Ionescu doesn't get injured. She'll be out a while...

8-4 +3.5

Indiana/Dallas 3rd quarter UNDER 41.5 -164 SIA

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
When you think about it, its obvious that if the Storm are the class of the league, and barring some injury, "load management" or schedule anomaly, they should be projected to be favored in every game.

And, of course, no hostile road environments to face.

And only 22 games.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
One noticeable part of Katie Lou's game aside from the "bunny hop" Wink has already detailed: She loses most every 50-50 ball.

I have no idea why refs refuse to call the "bunny hop" she does practically every single time. As I said before, I called her at least 5+ times in the scrimmage games I did her Junior and Senior Year at Mater Dei. Her father was irate.

She loses almost every 50-50 ball because she is soft. She is tall but she is soft. A gust of wind could carry her from LA to NYC. Her sister Karlie is not soft. Karlie will stand in and "fight"

choslamshe

EOG Master
Dallas +5 (2nd half) -120
Connecticut UNDER 43.5 TT -118 (2nd half)

Sun so bad this year. Zero depth and are prone to offensive lulls as much/more than any team in the WNBA.

choslamshe

EOG Master
10-8-1 +.38

Las Vegas UNDER 87 TT -120
Washington +10.5 -110

Early game ugliness this morning.

PS a side note of how bad the quality of these games have been so far this year. Lots of factors that we're all aware of but I feel like the quality of play, quality play of many 'stars' and quality of coaching has been trending down. Aside from the Storm, Stewie, and A'ja, not a single team nor player I trust

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
No Meesseman for the Mystics tonight.

Line went from Washington -2 to Dallas -3.5.

Dallas essentially had to win the game twice.

The Wings blew a 20-point halftime lead before surviving by nine points in overtime.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I've been trading money this WNBA season, Patrick.

Sabotaged by some injury info over the past week or so.

Hard to know who's in and who's out.

The Sky sat both Stevens and DeShields tonight and yet still won and covered against the inconsistent Indiana Fever.

Only a 22-game season yet both teams, the Sky and Fever, played only eight players.

Strange year in a lot of ways.

New York Liberty's Layshia Clarendon is more effective as a social justice warrior than a competent point guard.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
The Liberty is 2-10-1 ATS.

And I thought last year's head coach Katie Smith was bad.

Young Walt Hopkins is worse.

His young team doesn't defend and yet he wants to play up-tempo basketball, that's a miserable combination.

Patrick McIrish

OCCams raZOR
I've been trading money this WNBA season, Patrick.

Sabotaged by some injury info over the past week or so.

Hard to know who's in and who's out.

The Sky sat both Stevens and DeShields tonight and yet still won and covered against the inconsistent Indiana Fever.

Only a 22-game season yet both teams, the Sky and Fever, played only eight players.

Strange year in a lot of ways.

New York Liberty's Layshia Clarendon is more effective as a social justice warrior than a competent point guard.

Ok, thanks for the information. I'm always receptive though when you want to start firing again.

BTW noticed all 3 dogs made it home (easily) last night in action, Atlanta winning the game as 11- dog.

Hope to see a lot more of that, I tend to be on the dog side a lot in muff madness action.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I naturally lean to the underdog as well.

Good way to view sports.

Nothing better than watching a complacent favorite go through the motions.

That said, focused favorites offer some of the best opportunities around.

choslamshe

EOG Master
What a 2nd q by the Sparks

Adding:

Sparks -0.5 -110 (2nd half)
Sparks over 41.5 -110 (2nd half TT)

Perfect opposition for the Sparks to get their guards going.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Quick note about the last two Washington Mystics games: Against Connecticut on Sunday and Seattle last night, the teams agreed to take a 24-second shot clock violation at the start of each quarter.

The symbolic move was implemented to raise awareness over completing the 2020 Census and promoting voter registration ahead of the November election.

Two games, two unders.

Both games featured totals in the neighborhood of 160 and neither game cracked the 140 mark.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Atlanta +8.0 -120
Chicago UNDER 88.5 TT -118
Chicago UNDER 85.5 TT +150

all plays willhill.com

Huge letdown spot for the Sky tonight