Would A Bears Win Over Pats Be a Surprise?

Heim

EOG Master
Looks like Mack and Prince Amukamara are playing. Pats on the road this year no bargain.

kane

EOG master
Would be a surprise....Bears made the Dolphins look like champs....
Everyone saw what Osweiler did to them last week, and everyone also saw the Pats beat KC, the public won't be able to get their NE money down fast enough, I love the Bears Sunday

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
As a bears fan, yes. I do think they’ll hang though if Mack is healthy.

I also know what you saw last week in the NFL doesn’t translate well to the next week.

Heim

EOG Master
The Bears are a tough read...Mack has given them a identity they haven't had since '85. So the question is are their numbers over priced due to public perception or are they really this good?

blueline

EOG Master
I really thought the game would get over the top hype in Chicago but it really hasn’t.
The loss dampened the hype...still the biggest game in Chicago in awhile...will be used as a measuring stick....bears should come out at full emotion flying around

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The Bears are a tough read...Mack has given them a identity they haven't had since '85. So the question is are their numbers over priced due to public perception or are they really this good?
The problem with the Bears is everything they do is compared to the 85 team, pretty high bar. If they played last week’s game vs NE instead of vs Miami, the mood would be sky high.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
Bears just melted down in second half due to the heat. A win this weekend would not shock anyone.

...and that si why I think they lose. Recovering from that game took longer than usual. I played Pats -3 and I am very confident in it

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
If Mack is Mack, I'd be surprised if they didn't win. If he's hobbling around, or has to be on a pitch count, then it's a toss up. Chicago will score on NE. Trubisky is playing very well, and is under the radar with some of the other young QBs like Mahomes and Goff playing so well.

Valuist

EOG Master
...and that si why I think they lose. Recovering from that game took longer than usual. I played Pats -3 and I am very confident in it

That's a big leap, IMO, to assume they can't get sufficiently hydrated in 7 days. That game didn't seem overly physical. There should be no excuses for Chicago.

lap18

EOG Dedicated
What do you guys think of New England’s defense? Are they as weak as in the past?
I haven’t noticed any really good defensive teams this year.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
What do you guys think of New England’s defense? Are they as weak as in the past?
I haven’t noticed any really good defensive teams this year.

Check out Baltimore's defense.

They get tested for class this Sunday against New Orleans.

The Ravens have yet to surrender a touchdown (only four field goals) after halftime in any of their first six games.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Check out Baltimore's defense.

They get tested for class this Sunday against New Orleans.

The Ravens have yet to surrender a touchdown (only four field goals) after halftime in any of their first six games.
18 MPH winds for this game tomorrow also. I’m not big on betting dome teams outside for this reason - hard to practice for it.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I think Baltimore's defense will take this game against New Orleans as a real challenge.

The Ravens have recorded four straight UNDERS.

ejd_5277

EOG Dedicated
18 MPH winds for this game tomorrow also. I’m not big on betting dome teams outside for this reason - hard to practice for it.
I think Baltimore's defense will take this game against New Orleans as a real challenge.

Agree, played under 49 this morning.

Just because teams play in a dome doesn’t mean they practice in a dome...

The Saints practice outdoors, and it’s been breezy in NOLA all week.

Like the Saints tomorrow.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!

Fezzik does a hit on Mason/Ireland every week. He was on Thursday and when asked for his BB Week he said

Ravens -2.5

I just pass it along

kane

EOG master
One of the NE beat writers is saying Gronk didn't make the trip to Chicago, but in typical Patriots fashion they're not ruling him officially out, how he might play a game in Chicago while being in NE I don't know. Surprised it hasn't come across DB yet, nothing moving so far