Would an Alien be a God ?

An Alien lands on Earth somehow, that Roswell Shit bothers me, since I don't see a crash as likely, after the long journey.

Is this alien considered a GOD or an enemy ?

I basically consider myself as an atheist, don't buy any of the dogma, to me an alien would be as close as it comes to a god ? A ship that is so big it can be seen from orbit, like from Alien Nation.

Am I crazy ? Seems to me belief in GOD is correlated to belief in aliens , seems like a correlated parlay to me. Whatever, does God drive a cab or something ?

Katie

EOG Master
Re: Would an Alien be a God ?

why would an alien have to be a god or an enemy? why not just more technologically advanced? we can't see the big picture and we tend to dismiss things we don't understand. can you imagine how unbelievable our own society and the advances we have made would seem to someone a few hundred years ago?

I don't buy any of the religious crapola to begin with. Too many religions, somebody gotta be wrong.

I'm quite certain that when you die, you die, much like when Shaq steps on an ant ! The ant dies.

It just seems to me that whatever y'all people call God being from another world is consistant, so then any advanced enough being that shows up here qualifies as God, or is feared enough to try to destroy.

Religion is the biggest crock of SHIT ever ! It's basically people afraid to face death, wishing for more life. That's cool enough if it motivates you to live your life better, and that works for you, psyche yourself out,all you want !

You die, you die, that's it ! That's why you have kids ( or some do), they are there to replace you, and sit next to me at dinner...and cry !

andrew748

Banned

it seems to me that you have ignored 7,000 years of human existence in your question.

today you or i considering an alien a god is somewhat ridiculous as we are supposed to be edyoumakated.

on the other hand.

a primitive tribe untouched by the rest of the world, tucked away in a quiet corner of some rain forest seeing an alien and mistaking it for a visiting god is quite plausible.

Woody

EOG Veteran

"Any sufficiently advanced civilization is indistinguisable from magic". Forget where I read that but it is undeniably true, from the firesticks of the white man to the way we now command colleagues to be transported into a little box with a window for video-conferencing.

it seems to me that you have ignored 7,000 years of human existence in your question.

today you or i considering an alien a god is somewhat ridiculous as we are supposed to be edyoumakated.

on the other hand.

a primitive tribe untouched by the rest of the world, tucked away in a quiet corner of some rain forest seeing an alien and mistaking it for a visiting god is quite plausible.

Where does 7,000 years come from, Andrew ? Is that in the bible ?

Another reason I've always questioned the bible is that the most stupidest sheep accept it, or passages from it, as fact. I've tried to read it, and it's like more difficult than Shakespeare.

I laugh at dummies like my wife that get dirt put on their forehead on Ash Wednesday, but don't know Easter was when Christ was supposedly risen from the dead.

I didn't buy that crap, much beyond believing in the tooth fairy !

If you want to believe in that or the Koran, or anything else, that's OK... but go all the way with it.

Go to your Catholic church every Sunday, not just certain days, like Ash Weds. Know your stuff, be devout. If that motivates you to live a better life, and gives you what you need, it's cool, but don't do it half-ass !

You have to truly believe, otherwise you are bull-shitting yourself.

Katie

EOG Master

you sound very cynical, doug. there are many people who have been hurt by the abuse of religion while there are many people who find comfort there. i believe that everyone has the right to choose what to believe. i am not into oraginized religion but i can't choose for anyone else.

good point, Katie, but I firmly believe organized religion does more harm than good. Just look at the Middle East, people blowing up each other every day for gods that don't exist. How many wars have started over religious b.s.?

Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddists who's right? none of them

Last edited:

Katie

EOG Master

good point, Katie, but I firmly believe organized religion does more harm than good. Just look at the Middle East, people blowing up each other every day for gods that don't exist. How many wars have started over religious b.s.?

Christians, Jews, Muslims, Buddists who's right?
NONE OF THEM

too many religious wars for sure, smoke. however, i think that if it wasn't religion it would be something else. we seem to have an innate need to destoy i fear.

as for which religion is right...who knows? maybe none of them...maybe all of them. we can't see the big picture. we just see our little microscopic view of the bigger picture.

Some people would think the alien was god. Some would not. Soon the two groups would be killing each other over their beliefs.

you sound very cynical, doug. there are many people who have been hurt by the abuse of religion while there are many people who find comfort there. i believe that everyone has the right to choose what to believe. i am not into oraginized religion but i can't choose for anyone else.

I say know your own damn religion, I shouldn't ( as an atheist) have to tell my supposedly Catholic wife what the meaning of Easter is ! Jesus didn't say bake a fucking ham on this day.

we seem to have an innate need to destoy i fear.
I'm afraid you're right.:(

as for which religion is right...who knows? maybe none of them...maybe all of them. we can't see the big picture. we just see our little microscopic view of the bigger picture.

The main problem I have with religions is, for the most part, all religions claim to be THE religion, and only members of that religion get to go to heaven, get 40 virgins, whatever.

Katie

EOG Master

I say know your own damn religion, I shouldn't ( as an atheist) have to tell my supposedly Catholic wife what the meaning of Easter is ! Jesus didn't say bake a fucking ham on this day.

i agree that too many people follow blindly and do not actually educate themselves on the cause they are advocating. if someone who professes to be catholic truly doesn't know the meaning of easter then that is extreme.

Yep, they can't all be right ! If whatever religion (God) you believe in inspires you to live better, it's good, even if its just a crutch !

:LMAO
Thats the problem with a lot of religious people, Doug. They believe whatever they've been told, or are afraid to think for themselves. The drones of the 'sheep' attend mass every Sunday believing this will get them into heaven, while churches pass the collection $plates$, molest their kids and then build bigger churches so they can do it all over again.
What a wonderful morning!

i agree that too many people follow blindly and do not actually educate themselves on the cause they are advocating. if someone who professes to be catholic truly doesn't know the meaning of easter then that is extreme.

My wife is not noted for her brains, she's a good honest person, but frankly of low IQ, as in not the sharpest knife in the drawer. The Easter story is no lie, unfortunately. I know that much much about Christianity, I don't give a SHIT why they put ashes on their forehead on some wednesday, but I would know why I did if I believed, much like I wouldn't follow an ACE-Ace pick blindly, if at all.

If religion gives you strength, then its good... for you ! If church and bible study makes you strong, then by all means, go for it !

If flying model airplanes or parasailing or something puts you right, then do that. Religion is really a crutch to make you comfortable in your own skin, sing gospel music,play Bingo,whatever... its to make you comfortable with yourself,IMO.

andrew748

Banned

Where does 7,000 years come from, Andrew ? Is that in the bible ?

Another reason I've always questioned the bible is that the most stupidest sheep accept it, or passages from it, as fact. I've tried to read it, and it's like more difficult than Shakespeare.

I laugh at dummies like my wife that get dirt put on their forehead on Ash Wednesday, but don't know Easter was when Christ was supposedly risen from the dead.

I didn't buy that crap, much beyond believing in the tooth fairy !

If you want to believe in that or the Koran, or anything else, that's OK... but go all the way with it.

Go to your Catholic church every Sunday, not just certain days, like Ash Weds. Know your stuff, be devout. If that motivates you to live a better life, and gives you what you need, it's cool, but don't do it half-ass !

You have to truly believe, otherwise you are bull-shitting yourself.

your average inca temple is @ 7k years old

janus

EOG Dedicated

he said bake a "flippin" ham. jesus was religious.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master

:dancefool
too many religious wars for sure, smoke. however, i think that if it wasn't religion it would be something else. we seem to have an innate need to destoy i fear.

Very prescient Katie......I am impressed!:dancefool :dancefool

Katie

EOG Master

I'm afraid you're right.:(

The main problem I have with religions is, for the most part, all religions claim to be THE religion, and only members of that religion get to go to heaven, get 40 virgins, whatever.

very true...so much intolerance!

I think an Alien would be GOD, GOD is otherwordly and supreme.

Think to Alien Nation.... A ship so large, it can be seen from orbit, hey we are HERE ! That ain't a weather balloon !

that would be the biggest event in mankind's history, wouldn't it ? I can't see anything (to date) that would top that, not unless the alpha male alien claimed paternity to ANS's baby !

That would have to be the nutz ?

Bagiant

EOG Dedicated

God was most likely an alien to begin with. Why do you think people look up to the sky when they mention him? When Moses spoke to God on the mountain before he received the Ten Commandments, that was probably some form of loud speaker, and the reason they gave us the Ten Commandments was to teach us how to live. The Ten Commandments themselves were probably lasered into those tablets.

Hache Man

"Seven Days Without Gambling Makes One Weak"

In my opinion, it doesn't matter whether you believe in God or you're an atheist, you have to realize space goes on & on and I just don't understand why anyone would doubt that the possibility or percentage of other life being out there is 0%........

LOL you guys obviously never read the Bible.

God made worlds and peoples without number.

So an "alien" landing here is basically just like us, he was created by God.

Depending on what religion you believe in he started out in the same exact place we did, his spirit just happened to go to another one of the worlds that was created.

There is also no set timetable on when these worlds were created so who knows how long they have been in existance, or what physical, or for lack of a better word "environmental" differences they have.

The one constant is that everything in the universe is based on a single element...Carbon. EVERYTHING has it in it, that is pretty telling if you ask me.

But again, depending on what religion you believe in we are going to all end up in the same place and filtered into seperate post mortal existances in some degree of heaven. (that's also in the Bible by the way) As long as you figure it out when faced with the facts you will attain some glory, even if you live horribly on Earth. The only people that go to "hell" or get cast out with Satan and his 1/3 are people that lived lives on Earth that are beyond repentance, and those that at the time of judgement rebuke God, Jesus, or the Holy Spirit even when they KNOW for a fact that they are real. The only inforgiveable sin....denying the existance of the Holy Spirit even when you can see him with your own two eyes.

My way of thinking sooner or later we will all figure out which side was right and which side was wrong. For my money I hope I am right, or at least partially right. I would hate to think God could be what some of these religions portray him as. But that is the problem people have, they try to humanize something that cannot be humanized.

Even with Jesus Christ, he came to earth in human form(as prophesised), he lived a life, he NEVER sinned, his sole purpose on earth was to prove the attonement and fulfil it, and people still doubt his existance, and or try to make him into something like you see on the Discovery Channel or History channel. That is human nature in a nutshell. People try to destroy things they don't undertsand or reduce things to a level they might be able to comprehend. So they try to take Jesus and turn him into a regular guy who was married to a women of ill repute, and had kids, and fathered a Godly "bloodline".

The smartest people with the biggest computers and all the data of all the "smart" people can't prove anything. Can't prove how the universe started, can't prove how man came from apes, can't prove why things evolved the way they did.

Pick up a Bible and read some of it, there are some things in there that are happening right now that that thing predicted. Whether you belive it or not, and whether you believe it was written by God through men or not, the predictions and prophesies made in there are coming true. Even in the editted version that the (Catholic) Council Of Nicea put forth is pretty scarey, I would hate to read all the other books and prophesies that didn't make it in. But then again if you believe in prayer and faith then you can get the basic answers there as well.

The minute details don't matter. There is along time to learn, and no one on this earth in their mortal life will come close to attaining "truth".

Hache Man

The smartest people with the biggest computers and all the data of all the "smart" people can't prove anything. Can't prove how the universe started, can't prove how man came from apes, can't prove why things evolved the way they did.

quote]

Great writeup wantit

I especially love the paragraph above

These scientists, etc. think they know how life began but they cant even cure the common freakin cold & they also change their opinions & discoveries on so many other things every other year!

Hilarious if you ask me.

Ever heard the following logic by a Christian Scientist?:

The chances of life being created by a bing bang or something similar would be about the same odds as a Tornado ripping through an abandoned junkyard of airplanes, and not only somehow assembling them back together, but so they would run & fly perfectly as well!

Katie

EOG Master

My wife is not noted for her brains, she's a good honest person, but frankly of low IQ, as in not the sharpest knife in the drawer. The Easter story is no lie, unfortunately. I know that much much about Christianity, I don't give a SHIT why they put ashes on their forehead on some wednesday, but I would know why I did if I believed, much like I wouldn't follow an ACE-Ace pick blindly, if at all.

If religion gives you strength, then its good... for you ! If church and bible study makes you strong, then by all means, go for it !

If flying model airplanes or parasailing or something puts you right, then do that. Religion is really a crutch to make you comfortable in your own skin, sing gospel music,play Bingo,whatever... its to make you comfortable with yourself,IMO.

definatedly too many people who blindly follow what they were taught to believe instead of educating themselves, and coming to their own conclusions! i see that as ignorance, but people have the right to choose for themselves. where i have a problem is when they try to force their religious beliefs on me and try to convince me that i must believe exactly what they believe. {very pompous attitude)

Hache Man

One thing that people don't even consider or realize is that time changes your opinions or beliefs on things.

Let's say you see a ghost, and you know for damn sure it was a ghost at the time.

Well, as time passes, and the weeks, months, and then years go by, you begin to doubt youself, and think "Naaaa, it was probably something else"

That's the way I see it with the Jesus & the Bible.

The more years, decades, & centuries go by, the less people will believe.

Unless of course we are given a solid reminder from God himself, which I even question myself much of the time as to why he doesn't if he's truly there......

definatedly too many people who blindly follow what they were taught to believe instead of educating themselves, and coming to their own conclusions! i see that as ignorance, but people have the right to choose for themselves. where i have a problem is when they try to force their religious beliefs on me and try to convince me that i must believe exactly what they believe. {very pompous attitude)

There is only one true religion, and all you need to do is ask for the answer. The hard part is actually being humble and faithful enough to receive the answer. But if you truly have the desire to know the answer will be given. Another great irony. Most people really don't want to know, that is why they are "stuck" in the religion they are currently in. Because I know for a fact that any truly faithful person has been given oppurtunities to fnd out the "truth" or at least get sent down the right path. And those truly faithful get up and tell of how they KNEW where they are now is where they belong. Whether they started out Catholic, Baptists, Presbyterian, or any other Chritian based religion.

As long as you believe in Him and have faith and a true desire and ask in his name then the answers will come in some form. Recognizing them is another issue, and where a lot of people lose track. That is what being human is all about, and why there is no yes you are in no you are not. That is why everyone goes where they belong. they don't go too high if they don't have the understand because they would be lost and not know what to do, they don't go too low because they "deserve" better through their faithfulness and understanding.

Every degree that is available is still vastly superior to Earth. But obviously the higher you go the more "perks (for lack of a better word) you get.

Also "good" religions don't force themselves on people, but going out and introducing people to it is necessary. How can people choose a religion if they don't know them all? Or how can they find the "right" one if the "right" one doesn't come calling or get their attention? When people are truly looking for "the truth" it is pretty amazing the transformations I have seen. If they aren't or aren't ready then that is on them. But the oppurtunity is always there.

Call it networking or word of mouth, but when people find soemthing that changes their lives for the better, and makes things appear to make mre sense they like to tell people about it. It is up to the person they are telling to accpet it or rejsct it. Obviously some people might be overzealius and push too hard, but that is what happens when you might not understand what is happening but you know what it is is going to be good for the person. But most people that understand get guidance and don't go completely overboard.

royboy

EOG Dedicated

I don't buy any of the religious crapola to begin with. Too many religions, somebody gotta be wrong.

I'm quite certain that when you die, you die, much like when Shaq steps on an ant ! The ant dies.

It just seems to me that whatever y'all people call God being from another world is consistant, so then any advanced enough being that shows up here qualifies as God, or is feared enough to try to destroy.

Religion is the biggest crock of SHIT ever ! It's basically people afraid to face death, wishing for more life. That's cool enough if it motivates you to live your life better, and that works for you, psyche yourself out,all you want !

You die, you die, that's it ! That's why you have kids ( or some do), they are there to replace you, and sit next to me at dinner...and cry !

lmao @ this post... I hope you're right for your own sake. If you are cool, no big deal, but if you're wrong well... Just makes me laugh when someone acts as if they know for SURE there is no God, and they act like anyone who believes it must be stupid. Funny how when people are at their most desperate times God always enters the mind then.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated

live and let live...you Believe in GOd: Fine, just don't force it down someone else's throat. You don't believe in God: Fine, just try and at least be respectful of others' beliefs....jmho