Would They Dare Take Dolphin Games Off The Board??

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
And you thought the Cowboys were laying big points? I wouldn't be surprised we see a 23 or 24 for the Pats in Foxboro Sunday.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I knew the move was imminent, didn't think it would be the day after I posted this. Like Guesser said, he wanted out, he didn't like the way he was being used, so he asked for a trade and the Dolphins don't want anyone here that doesn't want to be here, they don't want a malcontent in their locker room. The Dolphins tried convincing him to stay, but he wanted out. Considering Ben is out for the season, this pick could end up being very valuable. Miami now has 3 first rounders next year, 2 second rounders, and 2 third rounders, and 2 first rounders the following year, along with a ton of cap space. FW makes a good point, it's one thing to have money to spend, it's another to convince FA's to take that money (I'm looking at you NY Knicks), no one knows how it will all play out, but it should be a very interesting off season.
I can't see tanking work in the NFL when the average career is 3-4 years and few outside of QB's have guaranteed money. Fitzpatrick was a player they could actually build around. They gave away a 2nd rounder just a few months ago for Rosen and now they want Tua? They haven't been run right basically since Joe Robbie owned the team. Miami fans are a fickle group, but you have to feel for them.

bmiller

EOG Addicted
CGT has reopened the Dolphins season win total at 1.5 over - 130 lol .. this is a historically bad team fellas

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated
I'm honestly thinking the Jets are worse than the Dolphins. They look like they're sleepwalking on both sides.

kane

EOG master
I'm honestly thinking the Jets are worse than the Dolphins. They look like they're sleepwalking on both sides.

The Jets with Darnold are better than the Fins, you have to remember they're using their 3rd string QB, I can assure you Miami is the least talented team in the league

MrTop

EOG Master
The Jets with Darnold are better than the Fins, you have to remember they're using their 3rd string QB, I can assure you Miami is the least talented team in the league

i have them close.... what do you think on a nuetral ?

kane

EOG master
i have them close.... what do you think on a nuetral ?

I'm not too good at coming up with lines, but the when both teams are fully healthy the Jets are better, the Dolphins win total was 4.5, the Jets was 7.5, of course that's before the season and things change once the season starts, but I can't imagine a team worse than Miami

kane

EOG master
Right now the Chargers are -16.5 in Miami next week, there's no way they would be laying that much at the Jets

MrTop

EOG Master
I'm not too good at coming up with lines, but the when both teams are fully healthy the Jets are better, the Dolphins win total was 4.5, the Jets was 7.5, of course that's before the season and things change once the season starts, but I can't imagine a team worse than Miami

i agree fins are worse... but not that far apart

ZzyzxRoad

EOG Dedicated

A friend of mine who reads the board (but never posts) is a huge Jets fan, and I was trolling him. He sent me a text saying what you did (with a few more expletives included).

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
Your friend would most likely be in favor of incarcerating Mike Greenberg based on his 5 minute rant versus the hapless Jets and making the comment that they wasted their mney on Leveon Bell and could be beaten by a good high school team. Said this about Tuesday on the morning show (Get UP). Marcus Spears had to save him before he had a stroke!

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I never really liked Bell's hesitating style.

I guess its VERY dependent on O-line play, cause he is getting snowed under on most running plays

Heim

EOG Master
I would take them off the board until I see an effort....up to each individual Bookmaker to make that decision....as of right now the players have had a two week XMAS....this is definitely the worst team I have ever seen in the NFL going back to 1959....

Yup. It's not going to be too much longer. DAL opened 17, closed 22.5, and bets on 21+ were 5 figures.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
I remember one year a while back
There was about 4 good teams
That kept winning and winning by a lot week after week.
The books were getting slammed by these four teams especially in parlays.
Finally One week
The Imperial Palace had a prominently displayed sign
That severely restricted those four teams in off the board parlays and for sure
parlaying them together was suddenly forbidden at the IP

Last edited:

ComptrBob

EOG Master
That anomaly occurred about 15 years ago. The win/hold percentage in Nevada last month's sports parlay cards was 46.31%, the books are safe from failing.

bomzee

EOG Dedicated
That anomaly occurred about 15 years ago. The win/hold percentage in Nevada last month's sports parlay cards was 46.31%, the books are safe from failing.
The Imperial Palace's impulsive reaction was laughable.Wish I had pictures.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
In the last 15 years, the worst month for the Nevada books in football was Nov 2005 (lost -$11.28M). Nevada football also lost -$3.31M in Dec 2005.

Interesting that back-to-back losses for football also occurred in Oct 2012 and Nov 2012 (-$6.23M and -$5.29M). Only other month was Nov 2010 (-$2.48M)

The best 2005-2006 regular season ATS teams (with W/L record) were all winning teams led by the Broncos 11-4-1 (13-3), Giants 10-5-1 (11-5), Chiefs 10-5-1 (10-6), Bears 9-5-2 (11-5), Jaguars 9-5-2 (12-4), Colts 9-6-1 (14-2), Seahawks 9-6-1 (13-3) and several others.

Last edited:

Valuist

EOG Master
Dolphins have been a cover machine recently. Many believe the public bets what they saw last. But the public doesn't watch every game. Their perceptions are often well behind. They still remember the team who lost 59-0 opening week.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
No doubt they have been much more competitive since that embarrassment, but they did somehow scrounge up 10 in that week 1 debacle.