Would They Dare Take Dolphin Games Off The Board??

Heim

EOG Master
Couldn't make a number high enough with a tanking team.

Don't think they want the headache if this ineptitude keeps up.

I still believe this team will deliver wins to ATS backers in a few weeks. Needs some time to get repriced even higher and have young guys seize some positions on the team. They easily could be a 9-10 win team in two seasons with the draft hauls and cap space they have, but it starts with finding some building blocks now. Im waiting for the bye after week 4 to start to take advantage of a schedule that gets easier and for the public to piss all over them as much as possible.

Has there ever been a team lose back to back games by over 40 points. Week 1 59-10 week 2 43-0.

If I remember right a few teams have lost by close to 40, if not 40, but it was late in the season when they were full on tanking and clearly not trying. I don't think they are attempting to lose this badly, they just as such a mess they are 40 points worse than good teams at the moment.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
If they're trying they arent going all out. They no doubt have their eyes set on Tua.

He is a very good QB but how do we know for sure at the next level? We dont.

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
I would take them off the board until I see an effort....up to each individual Bookmaker to make that decision....as of right now the players have had a two week XMAS....this is definitely the worst team I have ever seen in the NFL going back to 1959....

Have the books lost money on the Dolphins games through 2 weeks so far? I've seen quite a few saying they were taking Miami plus the points in both week 1 and week 2, including some so-called "sharps". With +21 or so @ Dallas i imagine they'll get a lot of action on both sides which equals another huge load of cash for the Pinnacles of the world. See post #1 here for an example of the type of thinking that loves the dog in this spot:

http://forums.eog.com/index.php?threads/week-3-nfl-post-your-picks-leans-ideas.7463816/

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
It is the beauty of NFL football. How to hang the right number? The bookmakers can handle it. For all we know they made money on the game?

kane

EOG master
If they're trying they arent going all out. They no doubt have their eyes set on Tua.

He is a very good QB but how do we know for sure at the next level? We dont.

Nobody can say with 100% certainty whether Tua, Herbert, Fromm or any other QB will have success in the NFL, but the Dolphins plan all along was to be as bad as possible and take the guy they think can be their franchise QB, it's better to go 2-14 and draft first than 6-10 and draft 8th. Along with getting the first pick in the draft they've also accumulated a mountain of picks, I think they have 12 picks in next year's draft, they've been getting rid of all their good players in return for high draft picks, and don't be surprised if Minkah Fitzpatrick gets traded in the next week or two for another high pick. Whether their plan works or not I don't know, but going into next year they want the first pick in the draft, along with a ton of other picks, and they'll also have a ton of cap space. As a long suffering Dolphin fan I can tell you I'd rather they do things this way as opposed to another 6-10 or 7-9 season

ComptrBob

EOG Master
1989 Steelers were almost that bad. 51-0 opening day. 41-10 Week 2. They made the playoffs and won a game.

The 89 Steelers had the 3rd worst starting 2 game differential. The Dolphins tied the 1973 Saints (scores 7-62, 3-40, finished w/ record of 5-9) for the worst at -92 points.

trytrytry

All I do is trytrytry
but dont wait too long to take Miami either get your free loss... dont lose without using Miami. as they will not win a single game.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
but dont wait too long to take Miami either get your free loss... dont lose without using Miami. as they will not win a single game.

WRONG! They will not go 0-16

Possible wins:
Week 6 - Oct 13: Host Redskins - coming off a BYE for Miami so even more likely it could happen
Week 9 - Nov 3: Host J-E-S-T JEST JEST JEST - would anyone REALLY be shocked if the Jest lost here? Me, neither
Week 11 - Nov 17: Host Bill. See Week 9 comment
Week 15 - Dec 15: AT Giants: See Week 9 comment
Week 16 - Dec 22: Host Bungals - A Winnable game

I'll go with Week 6 hosting Redskins

Agree on the no 0-16. The Lions and Browns were not even terrible teams, they just couldn't get a break. These guys will find a way to get a win or two because 2-14 will still get #1 pick and young guys fighting for jobs for a decent coach won't let a winless season happen.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Given the Jets performance tonight combined with the injuries and inefficiency, Miami might split the season series. I mean could they be any worse than a fg dog at home?

Heim

EOG Master
They traded last years #1 & best cover guy to Steelers today. This is starting to resemble the Titanic.

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
I dont get it. How can you trade away a guy that's part of your rebuild to rebuild? He is 22 for goodness sakes.
He wanted out, and they got a #1 from a team that figures to have a pretty bad record. They now have 3 #1's next year, and 2 the following year, along with multiple 2's.

kane

EOG master
Nobody can say with 100% certainty whether Tua, Herbert, Fromm or any other QB will have success in the NFL, but the Dolphins plan all along was to be as bad as possible and take the guy they think can be their franchise QB, it's better to go 2-14 and draft first than 6-10 and draft 8th. Along with getting the first pick in the draft they've also accumulated a mountain of picks, I think they have 12 picks in next year's draft, they've been getting rid of all their good players in return for high draft picks, and don't be surprised if Minkah Fitzpatrick gets traded in the next week or two for another high pick. Whether their plan works or not I don't know, but going into next year they want the first pick in the draft, along with a ton of other picks, and they'll also have a ton of cap space. As a long suffering Dolphin fan I can tell you I'd rather they do things this way as opposed to another 6-10 or 7-9 season

I knew the move was imminent, didn't think it would be the day after I posted this. Like Guesser said, he wanted out, he didn't like the way he was being used, so he asked for a trade and the Dolphins don't want anyone here that doesn't want to be here, they don't want a malcontent in their locker room. The Dolphins tried convincing him to stay, but he wanted out. Considering Ben is out for the season, this pick could end up being very valuable. Miami now has 3 first rounders next year, 2 second rounders, and 2 third rounders, and 2 first rounders the following year, along with a ton of cap space. FW makes a good point, it's one thing to have money to spend, it's another to convince FA's to take that money (I'm looking at you NY Knicks), no one knows how it will all play out, but it should be a very interesting off season.

unluckysob

EOG Dedicated
Trevor Lawernce is NFL ready right now. It will be very difficult for some team to fuck this guy up. He will start first year. John Elway, only better. 2021.

kane

EOG master
Trevor Lawernce is NFL ready right now. It will be very difficult for some team to fuck this guy up. He will start first year. John Elway, only better. 2021.

I agree, I'd take him over Tua, Herbert or anyone else. I'm not ready to call him another Elway just yet, but he does look like a can't miss

NFL teams won't let their QBs run anymore, too much risk. So a key part of his game goes away. Not saying he can't be a good pocket passer, but don't know if I'd call him a sure thing or an elite QB the moment he gets to the NFL. He still makes some pretty dumb mistakes and benefits a lot from good receivers who get a lot of yards after the catch.