Would you consider JK a tout?

Timetopay

EOG Master
Re: Would you consider JK a tout?

06-16-08 10:09 PM #176 THE SHRINK

EOG FOUNDER
<DL class=userinfo_extra><DT>Join Date</DT><DD>Jul 19, 2005</DD><DT>Location</DT><DD>Chesapeake, Virginia</DD><DT>Posts</DT><DD>36,014</DD></DL>

[h=2] Re: SETTING THE RECORD STRAIGHT...[/h]

Originally Posted by MadCapper

Shrink,

Not sure if this has been asked yet....

Have you ever given out the wrong side on purpose?

Yes...:doh1

On 5 occasions....

My record was 4-1 on the forum and 1-4 for me..

What goes around comes around...​

Timetopay

EOG Master

It's been done in the past but I would never stoop so low.

I want to win but not like that.

thats the problem though. you may not be a tout but if the audience is big enough you have incentive to do this.

always leaves an opening

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

A stain on The Shrink's record, for sure.

Good investigative work, TTP.

cheapseats

EOG Master

I think of JK more as a reporter than a tout, guess it's because of the EOG hour, and the blogs, etc.

J

joeybagadonuts

The bigger question imo is why has 'Tuckman' all of a sudden gone 'rogue'?.....He was
a nice company man not too long ago.

Tuckman the asskissing company man and rogue....

Interesting development.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Ok, how about "part-time" then?

Its clear to me that from the beginning with the Winning Wednesday show, part of your remuneration was due to selection part of the show. It is irrelevant what others charge or that the site is "free". What matters is if you are compensated at least in part for giving selections.

Again, touting itself is just an economic event, in this case, it drives some business to the site.

Making the milliion dollar question- If JK never gives out another pick on the site or the radio show, is he still compensated by EOG?

"Yes" seems to imply non-tout
"No" seems to imply tout

I'm guessing they still keep him around.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Making the milliion dollar question- If JK never gives out another pick on the site or the radio show, is he still compensated by EOG?

"No" seems to imply tout

I like this place.

I'm hoping to stick around.

BigDaddy

EOG Master

"No" seems to imply tout

if he stopped giving picks i would say

he would be gone

JMO

ComptrBob

EOG Master

"No" seems to imply tout

Not only keep JK compensated, but keep exactly the same compensation.

If no economic benefit is passed on to JK, a good way to test this is have JK stop posting picks here and on the radio for a year and post his picks on Roughing the Punter, a free site with no advertising. Thus we could know that JK isn't a tout since he would have no economic benefit, and his picks would be freely available to those who want to read them.

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

Not only keep JK compensated, but keep exactly the same compensation.

If no economic benefit is passed on to JK, a good way to test this is have JK stop posting picks here and on the radio for a year and post his picks on Roughing the Punter, a free site with no advertising. Thus we could know that JK isn't a tout since he would have no economic benefit, and his picks would be freely available to those who want to read them.

I like this.

Timetopay

EOG Master

So basically we have found out is JK is a tout as he gets paid for his picks just in different manner.

I doubt he would be posting his plays here for the love of the posting world if he wasnt compensated.

Nice work Tuck

steak tartar

EOG Dedicated

his compensation has to do with working for the site...........and having a picks thread is part of the job....not sure where tout comes into play

i still say hes more trout than tout

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

The owners of this site have never told JK he had to publish picks or to write blogs...JK does what he does to improve the forum and its content....

EOG Mike should chime in....

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master

I always thought that EOG was a forum to exchange opinons, share ideas, and give info concerning sports betting....seems to me that JK does this without collecting any money from any of you posters....

I like Steak's opinon...more trout than tout.....

2W2P2S

EOG Dedicated

The owners of this site have never told JK he had to publish picks or to write blogs...JK does what he does to improve the forum and its content....

EOG Mike should chime in....

Doesn't need to, CB has offered a solution..........BTW, my opinion of JK doesn't change if he's compensated or not by supplying picks on the site/radio show. I think he's very talented on the radio, and IMO his blogs are above average. ;)

Deductive logic seems an alien concept on this forum.

1) Touts are compensated for picks
2) JK is compensated for his picks

Therefore.............

If he isn't compensated for posting picks or releasing them on the radio, non tout. Pretty simple. Either way, doesn't change my opinion. More tilted by the form of argument.

You guys can stretch this out into any crappy-assed shape you want...I still think JK is a good guy.

Period.