Wow! Rick Perry Threatens Bernanke, Says More QE Would Be "Almost Treasonous"!

Wow! Rick Perry Threatens Bernanke, Says More QE Would Be "Almost Treasonous"!

Speaking just now in Iowa, Perry said,

“If this guy prints more money between now and the election, I dunno what y’all would do to him in Iowa but we would treat him pretty ugly down in Texas. Printing more money to play politics at this particular time in history is almost treasonous in my opinion.”

It seems the Fed is yet another "independent" institution that's getting ground down in the gears of politics.

Asked if he though the Fed was out to help President Barack Obama, he said “if they print more money between now and this election, I would suggest that’s exactly what’s going on,” ABC News reported.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/OEnOjE7pZtk" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="349" width="560"></iframe>

Read more: Wow! Rick Perry Threatens Bernanke, And Says More QE Would Be "Almost Treasonous"

Re: Wow! Rick Perry Threatens Bernanke, Says More QE Would Be "Almost Treasonous"!

Rick Perry: 'I hope I'm President Obama's worst nightmare'

By Nina Mandell
DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Monday, August 15th 2011, 5:49 PM

Charles Dharapak/AP
Texas Gov. Rick Perry speaks at the Iowa State Fair in Des Moines, Iowa.

New GOP presidential darling Rick Perry wants to haunt President Obama's dreams.

"I hope I'm President Obama's worst nightmare," the Texas governor told Fox News. "He's the real problem. It's his policies."

Perry said he's focus like a laser on fixing the economy, noting that on his watch Texas created "more jobs than any other state in the nation - from June of 2009 until present, 40% of all the jobs in America." 91023i2ndw;l

He also sought to tamp down comparisons to the last President from the Lone Star State: George W. Bush.

"They're not all carbon copies in Texas. I tell people that one of the quick ways you can tell the difference is he is a Yale graduate and I'm a Texas A&M graduate," he said.

"The next President of the United States, what state you're from doesn't matter. What matters is what is in their heart, what's in their mind. What's in my mind and what's in my heart is we are going to get America working again."

And Perry defended hosting a day-long prayer meeting earlier this month.

"I think the liberals, they hate anytime faith shows up anywhere. This wasn't about me. It was just a group of people we asked to get together to pray for this nation. I think that makes a lot of sense. I hope people all over this country pray for America. Lord knows we need it," he added Perry sought to differentiate himself from his top-tier Republican rivals - Minnesota Rep. Michele Bachmann and Mitt Romney - without launching barbed shots.

He even noted that Bachmann, a Tea Party darling, is "a ball of fire."

But he didn't hold back against Obama, bashing the commander in chief's handling of the U.S. military.

"I think this President does not understand the military family," the former Air Force pilot said. "He doesn't understand the sacrifices that our men and women are going through,"...."I think men and women in uniform truly like to have a President that has worn the uniform, that's a veteran," Perry said in contrast to Obama's lack of military service." :whip:

nmandell@nydailynews.com

Read more: Rick Perry: 'I hope I'm President Obama's worst nightmare'