WTF Did I Just Watch?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I don't know Coach D that well so probably Vogel. I don't hate the guy, I just want him to pull his head out of his ass.
How about others step up? A coach can put them in the best position to win, but it’s on the players at the end.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Worst Coached game of the Season. They gave that game away because Vogel is tone deaf w/ Floor Combinations. It's awful to watch.

I fear LBJ is going to have to go HAM to get by these guys and he shouldn't have to do that. We are flat out better but if you don't use your resources appropriately, shit like this happens.

Vogel needs to pull his head out of his ass and respond to what it is going on in front of him. Dude, your looking staganant offensively, put in Dion and let him create for himself and others. This isn't fucking brain surgery. If he stinks up the place, adjust and go to Plan B but for Dion not to get any burn in that game until 4:30 to go is inexcusable.

Total Fraud Poster.

Excuse For Every Loss.

And Always The Head Coach.

Heim

EOG Master
this thread will get ugly after another HOU win tonight......all I can say is in Rondo we trust.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
this thread will get ugly after another HOU win tonight......all I can say is in Rondo we trust.

No, it won't. If common sense is applied and they still lose, well, them are the breaks, it happens and life will go on, yours ecspecially if UniBron eventually gets eliminated.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

The team that you said would suck, Denver, just handed 13-Klaws their ass in game 2 in the 2nd Rd of the playoffs.

Meanwhile, the team that I said would be the best got the #1 seed in the West and their "East competetion" is about to be going fishing.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
The books will need Houston tonight. The line surprises me.

You still unsure whether or not Dallas is better w/out Porzingas? I mean, JFC, they had no shot at that Series w/out him, they won a very lucky game and your giving reasons why they might be better off w/out him, I'm happy about it, I'd rather play 13-Klaws than Dallas, just a matchup issue.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
You still unsure whether or not Dallas is better w/out Porzingas? I mean, JFC, they had no shot at that Series w/out him, they won a very lucky game and your giving reasons why they might be better off w/out him, I'm happy about it, I'd rather play 13-Klaws than Dallas, just a matchup issue.
I don’t remember ever saying that, someone else may have. You should know these series are all about the matchups.

kane

EOG master
Most coaches are pretty shitty in my view. I love Nurse and appreciate Stevens, the rest are a bunch of cut from the same cloth morons. Always play favorites, always use the same guys and hope they "play through it", and never see anything unique from most of them as they'll just copy what someone else did that worked and act like that's how you win. And worst part, once you are a coach, you'll always be one. You can be horrendous and it will get explained away about poor personnel or bad front office and that guy will get another job elsewhere.

The guy who coaches the Heat isn't too shabby

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
I don’t remember ever saying that, someone else may have. You should know these series are all about the matchups.

My bad, That was meant for Heim. Sorry, my fuck up.

Heim is the moron, not FW.... who is only a sometimes moron.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
How about others step up? A coach can put them in the best position to win, but it’s on the players at the end.

He's not putting us in the best position, that's my entire point. If we lose, we lose, life goes on but lineup incompentence leaves a bitter taste in the mouth. Come on, these guys can't beat us to 4 games but they just might if Vogel doesn't get his head out of his ass.

kane

EOG master
They give him good players, he wins. They give him bad players and he gets respectable results. Not a bad coach, but I don't think he changes them too much for the better.

Not a bad coach? Gee thanks for realizing he's not a bad coach, LOL. There isn't another coach in the league who would have taken this team to where they are right now, he's easliy a top 3 coach in the game and many are starting to realize he's the best, the other day Legler said he's always thought of Spo as a top 5 coach, now he says he might be the best

kane

EOG master
They give him good players, he wins. They give him bad players and he gets respectable results. Not a bad coach, but I don't think he changes them too much for the better.

He's one win away from the ECF's, and the Heat doesn't have a top ten pick on it's roster. Ask Giannis how good of a coach he is

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
I don't think anybody up until now expected his team having the top seeded Bucks on the brink of elimination while going 7/7 thus far.

He's one win away from the ECF's, and the Heat doesn't have a top ten pick on it's roster. Ask Giannis how good of a coach he is

So basically do what the Raptors did after spotting Giannis and crew a two game lead.

I don't hate Spo, I just don't buy the top 5 coach thing. He barely won two titles with the Big 3 including an in his prime LBJ, took Ray Allen to save the day. As I said, give him players, his team's win. What a concept. Since then this is the first time the team has ever done much and they usually get some talent due to the draw of being in Miami. I give them credit for playing in this bubble better than expected because they were quite heavily a team that relied on home court advantage this season. So yeah not calling him a bad coach, but this is his year to prove his ability to lift the team up. Still got 9 wins to get there.

kane

EOG master
So basically do what the Raptors did after spotting Giannis and crew a two game lead.

I don't hate Spo, I just don't buy the top 5 coach thing. He barely won two titles with the Big 3 including an in his prime LBJ, took Ray Allen to save the day. As I said, give him players, his team's win. What a concept. Since then this is the first time the team has ever done much and they usually get some talent due to the draw of being in Miami. I give them credit for playing in this bubble better than expected because they were quite heavily a team that relied on home court advantage this season. So yeah not calling him a bad coach, but this is his year to prove his ability to lift the team up. Still got 9 wins to get there.

Since LeBron left Spo has kept the Heat competitive despite not having much talent to work with, guys like Josh Richardson, Justice Winslow, James Johnson, and Dion Waiters, also don't forget he lost Chris Bosh to blood clots, after LeBron left they tried to build around Bosh, but all of a sudden he had to retire. Before the restart he was winning with two guys in the SL who were undrafted FA's, he's one of the best coaches in the league and is on pace to get into the HOF. Listen to guys who's job it is to cover the league, guys like Bill Reiter, Zach Lowe, and Bryan Geltsieler, they all heap praise on Spo, announcers and analysts also constantly talk about what a great coach he is, just the other day Tim Legler said he'd always had Spo in his top 5, but now he thinks he might be the best coach in the game. You're certainly entitled to your opinion, I just think you don't see what a lot of others see when evaluating coach Spo. A couple years ago I was listening to a Zack Lowe podcast and he told a story about a Western Conference GM asking him if he offered Pat Riley a first round pick for Spo if he thought Riley would do it, Lowe told him, no chance Riley would trade him, not even for a first rounder, if Miami fired him today, Spo would have his choice of jobs tomorrow, teams would be lining up for his services.

kane

EOG master

Any other coach with bad players wouldn't get respectable results, they'd get bad results, then lose their job. The fact that Spo could get respectable results with bad players is partly what makes him a great coach

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
One thing Spols did was reign in Butler. The biggest job NBA coaches have is getting the egos to mesh. Look at Philly with their high picks and Butler last year, and Miami with Butler this year. The Bulls sure could have used this version of Jimmy also.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Laker coach much have sold team on more aggressive offense in Game 2. Houston now forced to claw their was back in 2nd half

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
With 2:00 left in the 3rd, Houston leads by a bucket thanks to a 35-17 edge.

Gordon: 24 points
Westbrook: Dropped a deuce.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
A couple years ago I was listening to a Zack Lowe podcast and he told a story about a Western Conference GM asking him if he offered Pat Riley a first round pick for Spo if he thought Riley would do it, Lowe told him, no chance Riley would trade him, not even for a first rounder, if Miami fired him today, Spo would have his choice of jobs tomorrow, teams would be lining up for his services.

Of course. Contrast that w/ T-Lue. Sorry, I couldn't resist, I just hate him as a Coach.... to this day!

<iframe width="1019" height="573" src="
" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Says the guy who I've eucated time and again on this forum.... is this your version of a, 'Thank you?"

Educated? What are you referring to? BTW that's spelled with a "d" in it.

If you are referring to your posts in general, then i will say "thank you".

Like many others here you have positively contributed to the communal education of us all.

That's what's makes this site so great. OTOH, the huge of amounts of crap (insults, etc) detract from that & are a turn off.

Positive contributions include the picks of those such as Heim (who you insulted earlier in this thread) & Railbird, etc.

Heim 529-436-19 +73.79 UNITS

Railbird 168-113-3 +76.91 UNITS

http://forums.eog.com/index.php?thr...or-saturday-september-5.7467030/#post-7641277

Have you thanked them for that?

Heim

EOG Master
almost as bad as needing Houston plus the points and watching Harden dribble it out.....

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
Educated? What are you referring to? BTW that's spelled with a "d" in it.

I was specifically referring to our discussion of luck vs skill in sporting results and how B-ball results are the least random and providing references.

If you are referring to your posts in general, then i will say "thank you".

Like many others here you have positively contributed to the communal education of us all.
You’re welcome.

That's what's makes this site so great. OTOH, the huge of amounts of crap (insults, etc) detract from that & are a turn off.

I understand and believe you have a point but it’s not going to change my bedside manner. If me calling another poster an, “Abject moron,” is the worst thing that happens to them in life then they should consider their life blessed.

Fuck, half the guys I’ve insulted over the years, I’m cool with. It’s just what I do. Not my most attractive personality trait but I don’t go over the line w/ it.

Positive contributions include the picks of those such as Heim (who you insulted earlier in this thread) & Railbird, etc.

Heim 529-436-19 +73.79 UNITS

Railbird 168-113-3 +76.91 UNITS

I never said either of them was a losing sports bettor.

1) In regards to Rail, I have said he ran like a coward from me when I went on EOG Radio to challenge him to a Loser Leave Town Capping Contest. I have also said that he gives terrible In-running gambling advice because he does. You will go broke listening to him and averaging into losing positions… it’s a terrible process.

2) In regards to Heim, I have said his B-ball opinion is beyond terrible because it is and I have given several examples.

FYI, you don’t need an informed opinion to be a profitable sports bettor, you just don’t. I believe it helps but it certainly isn’t a requirement.

Have you thanked them for that?

No, I don’t even look at that thread, it has nothing to do w/ my world.

GameBred

I Trade Therefore I Am
That would have been a heckuva head to head capping contest.

It was to be a year long contest. I did everything I could to get him to sign on the dotted line, including calling him out on the EOG Radio Show.... but hey, he's 70+ units in the Best Bet Thread so what chance would I have had.... He wouldn't be posting here had he accepted, IMO.