XAV got exactly what they deserved

shoebox

EOG Veteran
Up 59-50 with still 4 mins to play, they change their offense and go 4 corner stall ball, they get not one but TWO shot clock Vio's, not even looking at the hoop and OhioSt made some shots to tie them, then blew them away in the OT. You had them beat, just play your game, I couldnt be more happy when they lost, the same thing Coach K and Izzo do with a lead late, they quiot and wind up blowing it.

shoebox

EOG Veteran
Re: XAV got exactly what they deserved

Loman, u know I wont complain about the game landing 7, lol, but I just cant stand to see this shit play out game after game and these guys are called good coaches, same as the Prevent in Football.

The General

Another Day, Another Dollar

WTG, WILLY. Public money so lopsided here. You nailed it.

:houra

sean1

EOG Dedicated

Will coaches ever learn that 2 is less than 3 and foul?

Sean

Loman, u know I wont complain about the game landing 7, lol, but I just cant stand to see this shit play out game after game and these guys are called good coaches, same as the Prevent in Football.
You sir, are very CORRECT. Makes me sick to my stomach.
Coaching, you call that coaching? :doh1

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Shoe, I gotta disagree with ya here. If the refs had a set, the outcome would have been fair. Someone needs to explain to me how Odens last foul did not get called an intentional foul. There was no effort made to go for the ball, instead he just pushed him out of bounds. Had it not been a #1 seed, the intentional foul would have been called and the game would have been over. I believe Xavier got screwed, not got what they deserved.

lol not an intenitonal foul. cmon guys. you dont ruin the game on that kinda call. he had to foul. that was his intent. games should be won on the court; not the whistle.

Johnny Detroit

EOG Senior Member

Why would you not foul after Ohio State crossed the court? Up 3, less than 9 seconds. You foul maybe 6 seconds left. You get ball back and shoot FTs. Why coaches always let people have the chance to tie baffles me. You have to assume you are making your FTs. Unreal.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

ID- That was as intentional a foul as I have seen. Do you not remember the CAA final, and the intentional foul called at the end of that game?

If you do not make an attempt on the ball, it is intentional. I could understand if he kinda of wrapped him up, but there was a definate possibility of an injury there.

shoebox

EOG Veteran

When a 7 footer pushes a guy 6-1, it will always look intentional, I couldnt argue that either way, but it wasnt an obvious one. Thats not what cost them the game, not playing the last 4 mins did and not fouling up 3 late was a joke.

NickPappagiorgio

EOG Dedicated

Shoe, he makes the 2nd foul shot the game is done. Gotta give OSU a little credit dont you? They did hit their fair share of long 3s in the last 4 minutes.

dawgbh

EOG Addicted

Regardless of what transpired at the end of regulation, the refs weren't going to allow Xavier to win the game in OT. The 2nd and 3rd possessions of Xavier they were fouled on both with no call, it is clear who the NCAA wanted to advance. I have no problem with the final outcome if Ohio State deserved to win the game but give the underdog an even playing field.

maverick

EOG Veteran

Same thing happened last year.......Washington up 3 with seconds to play and they let Uconn's best 3 pt shooter nail it to go to overtime.........STILL CANT UNDERSTAND WHY COACHES DONT FOUL AND MAKE THE OTHER TEAM MAKE 1 THEN MISS ON PURPOSE........

Cant see anyone with any basketball knowledge not fouling in that situation.........I would also point out that some of the time the player who gets fouled misses the first ft anyway........its damn hard to tip in a missed ft......

Another point missing in the argument is the fact that the team that hits the 3 goes into the ot with a good bit of momentum while the team that gives up the 3 feels like they have just been rolled over and kicked in the ba**s..........pretty hard for them to recover while the tying team has new life..........

detroitdennis

EOG Veteran

JOHNY, remember the last minute in the VCU G MASON GAME? They called in a intentional foul on G when the guy grabbed VCU jersey. ODEN threw the fking to the ground!!!!!!

All they had to do is foul, common sense. You can win against the refs but you can do all you CAN TO WIN.