You Don?t Speak for Me, Cindy

Sam Odom

EOG Master
www.sacunion.com
August 24, 2005

The ?You Don?t Speak for Me, Cindy? Tour continues to grow in momentum with supporters gathering at their final California stop on Wednesday and making two stops in Arizona ? in Phoenix and Yuma.

Move America Forward has organized the tour to bring military families together to express the fact that they DO support the troops AND the mission they are serving in Iraq.

The tour is led by Deborah Johns, Co-Founder of Northern California Marine Moms. Johns? son, William, has served two tours of duty in Operation Iraqi Freedom and is likely to serve a third tour.

Yesterday, Ms. Johns was contacted by a representative of the Sheehan family who expressed gratitude for Ms. Johns leadership in the ?You Don?t Speak for Me, Cindy? Tour. Previously, Move America Forward Chairman, Melanie Morgan, was contacted by other Sheehan family members who articulated the same message: Cindy Sheehan does NOT speak for them.

Additionally, Move America Forward will begin airing a new television commercial nationwide on the Fox News Channel that urges Americans to join the ?You Don?t Speak for Me, Cindy? tour and August 27th pro-troop rally in Crawford, Texas.

?Cindy Sheehan has a right to free speech ? even if she chooses to use that right to undermine the mission her son, Casey, heroically served in. But, the vast majority of military families find Ms. Sheehan?s conduct abhorrent. Now is the time to hear from these families, because Cindy Sheehan doesn?t speak for them,? said Melanie Morgan, Co-Chairman of Move America Forward.

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
George W- the Great Unifier! The man could have met with her the first week and there would have been no story! Now Rove has to activate the 'machine', to stir up more rhetoric, just to try to get some good soundbites. Meanwhile, every day our troops flounder in the Iraqi deserts, more good kids die for nothing!

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
he alreday met with her...its convenient to leave that part out of the story...can you imagine if the President had to meet with everyone who objected to the war, twice??

Lawrence said:
he alreday met with her...its convenient to leave that part out of the story...can you imagine if the President had to meet with everyone who objected to the war, twice??

You are right Lawrence, Sam posted an article about it in the other thread " why doesn't G just meet ...." check it out

Glaken

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Lawrence said:
Yeah, you are right Lawrence! Heaven forbid- 20 or 30 minutes a year twice to a group of bereaved parents and family members! What an imposition! Might have to cut a half day of chopping wood, playing golf or playing with himself out down on the ranch! You Bush supporters have no shame in your game whatsoever!

Sherman

EOG Enthusiast
ZZ CREAM said:
Yeah, you are right Lawrence! Heaven forbid- 20 or 30 minutes a year twice to a group of bereaved parents and family members! What an imposition! Might have to cut a half day of chopping wood, playing golf or playing with himself out down on the ranch! You Bush supporters have no shame in your game whatsoever!

you can't be for real....

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Where are the Democratic Party's elite, the Clintons, Biden, Kerry, Bayh and Howard Dean, why aren't they in Crawford supporting Cindy? Will they ever show up, if not why?

Clinton's in Africa right now trying to help the children Aids epidemic.

That's a bit different than taking August off in Crawford annually and ignoring PDB's.dog1

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Sherman said:
you can't be for real....
So, which part of my post is hard to believe? The part where Bush cannot take a half hour out of his vacation to talk to a woman again after she has lost her son in a war this President conjures up onsmoke, magic and lies? Or can you not believe he is playing with himself, down on the ranch? What is so hard with meeting with all 1800 plus families on a regular basis to update the bereaved on how futile their losses are!

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
ZZ CREAM said:
So, which part of my post is hard to believe? The part where Bush cannot take a half hour out of his vacation to talk to a woman again after she has lost her son in a war this President conjures up onsmoke, magic and lies? Or can you not believe he is playing with himself, down on the ranch? What is so hard with meeting with all 1800 plus families on a regular basis to update the bereaved on how futile their losses are!
answer this...why should he meet with her twice?

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Lawrence said:
Because her son died in his war to put money in his and his buddies' pockets! You would think that our President would be able to make time at least once a month to meet with bereaved families and update them on why their kids died! Of course, this would be subject to Karl Rove's approval!

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Lawrence said:

Because she said so, it's that simple. She shouldn't expect to see a Prez (any Prez) after the words she said about him and his family.

Lawrence

EOG Dedicated
ZZ CREAM said:
Because her son died in his war to put money in his and his buddies' pockets! You would think that our President would be able to make time at least once a month to meet with bereaved families and update them on why their kids died! Of course, this would be subject to Karl Rove's approval!
and what if she's not satisfied with that 2nd meeting?...should he just keep meeting with her every day untill she is satisfied...?...perhaps he should offer her a cabinet position so she can be in on all the daily briefings as well....

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
In fact, there should be a law or a constitutional amendment requiring all Presidents to meet with bereaved families for at least an hour a month to explain how or why these bravest of citizens could have been saved and what they are doing to stop any more from dying for nothing! In this Presidents' case, someone could always show him how to Tivo his SpongeBob Squarepants!

Sam Odom

EOG Master
ZZ CREAM said:
In fact, there should be a law or a constitutional amendment requiring all Presidents to meet with bereaved families for at least an hour a month...

And you want your posts taken seriously?dog1

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Sam Odom said:
And you want your posts taken seriously?dog1
What's the difference? You guys never listen to anything we on the other side say anyhow. We think we are correct and you guys think likewise. It's just a big ole merry-go-round, nothing ever changes. We call Bush an idiot and you guys blame Bill and Hillary-what's the difference? Good Luck Little Bo Peeps!

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Sam Odom said:
Where are the Democratic Party's elite, the Clintons, Biden, Kerry, Bayh and Howard Dean, why aren't they in Crawford supporting Cindy? Will they ever show up, if not why?

Rev. Al will join peace mom

WASHINGTON - Peace mom Cindy Sheehan has reinforcements on the way - the Rev. Al Sharpton said he'll join her Sunday for a multidenominational prayer vigil near President Bush's Texas ranch.

"She and the other families there have taken a great moral stand that has nothing to do with partisan politics," Sharpton said. "It has everything to do with the good of the country."

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Sam Odom said:
"She [Cindy] and the other families there have taken a great moral stand that has nothing to do with partisan politics," Sharpton said.

Crawford Texas - Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan is now purportedly "channeling" her slain son, Casey, from heaven, suggesting he's calling President Bush "an idiot," and she claims to have "tens of thousands of angels" supporting her cause to bring home immediately American troops serving in Iraq.

"When I get up [to heaven], he's gonna say, 'Good job, mom,'" the California woman said in a speech last night upon her return to Crawford, Texas. "He's not going to say, 'Why'd you make me spin in my grave?' you know. And I can just hear him saying, 'George Bush, you are really an idiot. You didn't know what you were doing when you killed me. You didn't know what you were getting into.'"

ZZ CREAM

EOG Master
Sam Odom said:
Crawford Texas - Anti-war activist Cindy Sheehan is now purportedly "channeling" her slain son, Casey, from heaven, suggesting he's calling President Bush "an idiot," and she claims to have "tens of thousands of angels" supporting her cause to bring home immediately American troops serving in Iraq.

"When I get up [to heaven], he's gonna say, 'Good job, mom,'" the California woman said in a speech last night upon her return to Crawford, Texas. "He's not going to say, 'Why'd you make me spin in my grave?' you know. And I can just hear him saying, 'George Bush, you are really an idiot. You didn't know what you were doing when you killed me. You didn't know what you were getting into.'"
When is Shirley McClain arriving in Crawford?

Sam Odom

EOG Master
Ms. Sheehan is again speaking out:

"I don't care if a human being is black, brown, white, yellow or pink. I don't care if a human being is Christian, Muslim, Jew, Buddhist, or pagan. I don't care what flag a person salutes: if a human being is hungry, then it is up to another human being to feed him/her. George Bush needs to stop talking, admit the mistakes of his all around failed administration, pull our troops out of occupied New Orleans and Iraq, and excuse his self from power. The only way America will become more secure is if we have a new administration that cares about Americans even if they don't fall into the top two percent of the wealthiest." --Cindy Sheehan
<!-- / message -->

MLM

EOG Member
That sounds like something from the Onion. I'm a bit concerned for her safety...she may soon try to pull a Rachel Corrie and take one for the team.

Sam Odom

EOG Master
MLM said:
That sounds like something from the Onion.

Me too, or a mis-speak but it is from her blog section on Michael Moore's website. She wrote it or Moore is screwing around.

"Americans should be prudent in their use of energy during the course of the next few weeks. Don't buy gas if you don't need it." ?George W. Bush, Washington, D.C., Sept. 1, 2005

David Matthews

EOG Enthusiast
"It's devastating. It's got to be doubly devastating on the ground." -- George W. Bush.

2 days after Katrina when Bush flew over the Gulf Coast in Air Force One. Commenting on the destruction.

"You see, not only did the attacks help accelerate a recession, the attacks reminded us that we are at war." ?George W. Bush, on the Sept. 11 attacks, Washington, D.C., June 8, 2005