You have to give it up to the Japanese ladies

KingRevolver

Born Rambler
Sad to see the good ol' U.S. of A lose, but those Japanese chicks never gave up. They persevered in the face of adversity. What an exciting match!

Hooray for Women's Soccer! :cheers

Chessman

EOG Dedicated
Re: You have to give it up to the Japanese ladies

Next you'll mention the tsunami, right Jack? Did the Japanese stop in their tracks to ponder our plight and sympathize with us over 9/11? Hurricane Katrina? Floods in Tennessee and elsewhere? Tornadoes in Missouri and elsewhere? I doubt it. They shrugged their shoulders and went about their way in typical Japanese insular fashion.

tripp

EOG Master

Would Japanese be typing something similar in their forums? I don't "feel good" for Japan. I'm disappointed my team lost and it ends there.
What jack meant is that it's hard for a normal, compassionate person not to feel good for Japan today.

O'Royken

EOG Dedicated

Japanese dont hold their farts in their culture.

They cut them left and right no matter where they are.

Wonder if that impacted US team.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

What jack meant is that it's hard for a normal, compassionate person not to feel good for Japan today.

I'm normal and compassionate and I don't "feel good" for Japan for beating my country's team. So if that's what jack meant (and I'm sure he did as you're obviousl his spokesman and it's your job to know), then jack is wrong.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

By the way, King, "ladies" is a loose use of that term. Those were some of the ugliest boys I've ever seen.

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

japan deserved to win the championship hands down i bow to them they did great

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

japan deserved to win the championship hands down i bow to them they did great

Another guy who either didn't watch the game or doesn't know soccer. Could have been 5-0 after 30 minutes, guy. Time to catch up on your sleep.

I'm normal and compassionate and I don't "feel good" for Japan for beating my country's team. So if that's what jack meant (and I'm sure he did as you're obviousl his spokesman and it's your job to know), then jack is wrong.

Chess, I'm normally a very patriotic guy. Was a huge fan of Barry Goldwater back in the day. However, in this case, I rooted for Japan. Now if you'll excuse me, gotta finish my refrigerated chicken salad sandwich.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

Abby Wambach and Hope Solo were not likable superstars.

I did not connect with either player.

Japan won despite its size limitations.

Japan's average player stood only 5'4".

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

I liked Wambach. She gave a classy interview right after the game.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Chess, I'm normally a very patriotic guy. Was a huge fan of Barry Goldwater back in the day. However, in this case, I rooted for Japan. Now if you'll excuse me, gotta finish my refrigerated chicken salad sandwich.

You rooted for Japan? :LMAOWell then, congratulations, asshole!

I dont get how any proud American could root for a different country unless money was on the line.

I dont get how any proud American could root for a different country unless money was on the line.

I didn't set out to root for Japan but watched the whole game and when it went to PKs found myself rooting for Japan. Can't explain it, and I'm the first one to think we need to take care of hungry americans before sending aid to foreign countries, but the japanese people have shown integrity and incredible courage in their clean up of toxic nuclear waste and this one was for them.

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

Oh really? Explain how I'm getting "owned"? Careful now...remember, you're nowhere near as smart as me.

:LMAO

...................................................................................................

Cliff Lee is going to own a little bit more of your bankroll on Tuesday if you're stupid enough to bet on the Cubs. :+hitting-

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member

In basketball, I root against the Americans because I dislike our style of one-on-one play (hero basketball).

I appreciate the international approach to basketball in which teamwork is stressed.

bumpy

EOG Veteran

Abby Wambach and Hope Solo were not likable superstars.

I did not connect with either player.

Japan won despite its size limitations.

Japan's average player stood only 5'4".

That means their feet were closer to the ground

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

That means their feet were closer to the ground

Not only is this factually wrong but it had no chance of being clever in the first place. (I think you meant "heads" dullard.)

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Cliff Lee is going to own a little bit more of your bankroll on Tuesday if you're stupid enough to bet on the Cubs. :+hitting-

Two points. Don't worry, they're easy to understand, even for you. Unless Cliff Lee is a part owner of 5 dimes, he doesn't get any of my bankroll when I lose. OK, now concentrate because this one is a little bit tougher. Lee is almost always a favorite (and an inflated one at that). Still following? This means one can have more losses than wins and still make a profit.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

And another thing you're likely incapable of imagining: If you lay runs against Lee on alternate lines, you get prices of up to +550 (if you lay 2.5). One of these wins( and they're out there on Cliffy's days where he can't spot his 89 mph blazing straightball :LMAO) means you would would still be showing a profit even if you were to lose the next five.

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

Two points. Don't worry, they're easy to understand, even for you. Unless Cliff Lee is a part owner of 5 dimes, he doesn't get any of my bankroll when I lose. OK, now concentrate because this one is a little bit tougher. Lee is almost always a favorite (and an inflated one at that). Still following? This means one can have more losses than wins and still make a profit.

You just proved yourself to be a fucktard bettor with only one out. I live in Las Vegas and have more online outs then you, so when the conversation is about gambling you will have a non speaking roll when you're dealing with me.

VegasRandy

EOG Veteran

And another thing you're likely incapable of imagining: If you lay runs against Lee on alternate lines, you get prices of up to +550 (if you lay 2.5). One of these wins( and they're out there on Cliffy's days where he can't spot his 89 mph blazing straightball :LMAO) means you would would still be showing a profit even if you were to lose the next five.

The thing is, you would have to actually make those wagers, and you haven't. You're only betting ml and Cliff is owning your ass.

You burning more of your bankroll on Tues? Lee beat them 7-1 in the last match up.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

You don't know what I've bet. And I'm up money so far. Go check. And of course I'm betting against him on Tuesday. He's going to be some ridiculous price.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

You just proved yourself to be a fucktard bettor with only one out. I live in Las Vegas and have more online outs then you, so when the conversation is about gambling you will have a non speaking roll when you're dealing with me.

WOW, you are dull. OK, that definitely means I only have an account at 5 dimes. :LMAOAnd it should have been "than" not "then." Moron, learn basic English before you talk to me. OK, literalist asshole, I'll be extra clear since you're so fucking stupid: Unless Lee is a part owner at 5 dimes, betjam, bookmaker, bodog, The Greek, Jazz, betonline, and unless he takes in a portion of my local guy, he's not getting any of my BR. See how tedious that was, Candy?

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

Candy Ass Randy, quit while you're behind. Trust me you've never come up against someone like me. I'll bury you without even trying hard.

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

By the way, great capping advice, Candy. What happened before will continue to happen in the future. :LMAO

Chessman

EOG Dedicated

You go and lay that 180 on the road Tuesday and then (see Candy, HERE is when you use "then" :LMAO) and then sit there and shit bricks that he wins, loser.

Moldoveanu

EOG Master

Another guy who either didn't watch the game or doesn't know soccer. Could have been 5-0 after 30 minutes, guy. Time to catch up on your sleep.

i watch soccer i am a fan of soccer i am from europe and i know soccer a lot

it could have been , it shuld have been but it has not been! the reason it was not what it should have been is because you have to put the ball in the net! if you dont put the ball in the net

it does not matter what kind of moments you have they dont count thats the difference between results no results when you put the ball in the net then you can talk about being up 5-0

i could say that japan should have scored that 2nd goal right after they hit the 1st one but they did not

if you watched the game between Chile and Venezuela yesterday Chile should have won 10-1 but they lost 2-1 because of mistake of goal keeper for not catching the ball properly!

and again if u watch the score you see the results and not the moments! when you learn how to put the ball in the net then u can talk abut results!

and if u dont put the ball people will not see the moments but will see the score so should have been up 5-0 or 10-0 thats out of the window

they should know 1st how to put the ball in the net

Was entertained for 2+ hours and it didn't cost me a dime.
Been to several movies where I can't say the same thing.

In American football terms, USA had a lead late in the 4th quarter/ OT and instead of running the ball, they chose to air it out.
The number 1 team in the world had a lead very late(twice) in the World Cup against an inferior opponent and were beaten.
Very questionable back defensive around the mouth of the goal several times by the US.
Sometimes the ball goes in,sometimes out.
9 times out of 10 the US win that match.
Congrats Japan, and their followers/backers.
See you in 2015 in Canada.