You want to win money? Bet on the New York Islanders. (no, i'm not kidding)

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
These guys are fantastic.(don't look at the newspaper standings) I don't know how that's possible, but they're really good right now. And, playing like they're on a mission.

I watched them play the Kings the other night and they just smacked them. Dominant performance, they were never in doubt in this game.

I would just suggest to bet them blind until proven otherwise. They're the type of team who's been so bad for so long, that other teams just take them for granted. I mean, who's going to be fired up to play the Islanders?

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!
Re: You want to win money? Bet on the New York Islanders. (no, i'm not kidding)

lol im telling u its free money. They won't go 10-0 in their next ten, but they'll go at least 5-5 and will be plus dogs in most of those games.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

Their play over the last month or so has been much improved. Their passing and puck possession has been great. They have a young core for the future which is jelling. Forwards like Moulson, Grabner, Nielson and Parenteau are not household names, but their play compliments John Tavares and Kyle Okposo. Defensemen such as Andy MacDonald, Hamonec, Jurcina and Martinek are no joy to play against. Their future in goal is Kevin Poulin, but he's out for the year. They have been a good team to bet ON for close to a month. They still bring back a good price because they are winning anonymously.

I see them play most of their home games and am shocked at their improvement. They lowered prices, so crowds are better. One small price for their success is a longer walk from the cold parking lot to the gates....I'll gladly take the trade-off.

louisvillekid

EOG Dedicated

how about jackets, blues, sharks +1.5 and edm +1.5 for a parlay

tickingclock1

EOG Veteran

how about jackets, blues, sharks +1.5 and edm +1.5 for a parlay

Blues are a go against right now. I cant believe they are such heavy favorites over the avs (Both underachieving teams). Further, they are playing their 4th in 5 nights which is almost unheard of in the NHL. I dont advise the parlay in the first place but Id throw out the blues if you play it.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

The Blues are a joke, i'd blindly fade them.

tripp

EOG Master

im on isles tonight with ya FK. surprised they are such big dogs to the Leafs with how they've been playing.

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

They're a dog because the oddsmakers open up the newspaper and see they have a 'losing' record.

I watch a LOT of hockey, these guys, right now, are one of the best teams in the NHL. Their hot streak isnt a fluke.

tripp

EOG Master

Toronto also has a losing record though and is just a couple of pts up on the Isles, and just lost to the pathetic Sens.

Line has dropped in a big way, but still way too high IMO.

Should be Toronto -120/New York +110

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Also, its nearing the trade deadline and Toronto's GM is known for wheeling and dealing more than anyone in the league...guys are on pins and needles around that team, they're concerned about where they're going to be living next week, maybe thats a factor in the mental state of those guys.

guhhh

<TABLE class="data borderTop condensed stacked" border=0 cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=2 width="100%"><TBODY><TR class=subtitle align=middle><TD width="45%" align=left>Final </TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>3</TD><TD width="9%">T</TD></TR><TR class="row1 NHLNYI" align=middle><TD class=NHLNYI align=left>NY Islanders (21-30-7)</TD><TD width="9%">0</TD><TD width="9%">1</TD><TD width="9%">0</TD><TD class=finalscore>1</TD></TR><TR class="row1 NHLTOR" align=middle><TD class=NHLTOR align=left>Toronto (26-27-6) ?</TD><TD width="9%">1</TD><TD width="9%">0</TD><TD width="9%">1</TD><TD class=finalscore>2</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Flamingo kid

Everybody's hands go UP!

Keep betting, nobody ever said they would go 10-0 in their next 10 games. Stupid thru the legs goal lost this one for NYI.

JHU Dad

EOG Dedicated

For whatever reason they don't play well in Toronto. I thought they were a good bet at +150 even though it was their third game in 4 days.