Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
im scared shitless. i don't want to interact with anyone.

saw on twitter matt glantz will take $250,000 to be given the covid-19.

no takers yet.

cheapseats

EOG Master
I went into a pharmacy today for a friend's scripts. Saw 3 peeps in a matter of 5 min with those dumb mask on, just goes to show you the scare out there.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
The Grizzly Bear-Bigfoot Analogy

Nobody in the world would dispute the existence of Grizzly Bears—aka (North American) Brown Bears—but the majority of Homo Sapiens Sapiens believe that Bigfoot (Sasquatch) is a myth or folklore. (The Native Americans and The Wise know better.)

Comparing the Common Flu to the Novel Coronavirus is like comparing a Grizzly Bear to Bigfoot in that we know everything about one because we have seen and experienced and learned how to kill and control one and we know absolutely nothing about the other.

The Flu has been around and is indeed deadlier than ever, but we have Flu shots and Vaccines for it and Antibiotics. Doctors are familiar with the Flu and symptoms of the Flu and do the best they can in the 21st Century.

COVID-19 is new. There are no COVID-19 shots or Vaccines yet. Doctors don’t know what to do as they have never dealt with this and will have to wear protective gear. Only Doctors in Oregon really know what they have seen to trade information with other Doctors in the USA. The Tests are reportedly just starting to go out in the USA. So few have been tested.

The Flu is also less deadly than COVID-19, the biggest thing. And Death is everything.

Because we know what Grizzly Bears are, we know how to control them, need be. We have shotguns and shit. We have Grizzly Bears in Zoos. We have Grizzly Bears in Movies. Someone must have one as a Pet...

Because we don’t know what Bigfoot is, we have no idea how to control or catch or even kill them. They run like 40-50 mph. We have no Bigfoot in Zoos. Most think this cryptid (Gigantopithecus) is a myth. Bigfoot would choke a Grizzly Bear to death. Bigfoot is too smart to get shot or get caught. The Red-Haired Giants of Lovelock Cave (Nevada) set traps for and ate Humans.

“My Indian friends tell me they were cannibals, that they set traps. They dug holes in pathways where they walked, covered them and then Indians would fall in, and they said the best parts to eat were the thighs,” Munk said.

Bears aren’t as sinister as Bigfoot.
The Common Flu isn’t as sinister as COVID-19.

The Flu is the Grizzly Bear.
COVID-19 is Bigfoot.

We have experienced the Grizzly Bear (Flu) as a World and know how to control him and what to expect. We have even made him our friend in some cases.

We have never experienced Bigfoot (COVID-19) as a World until 2020 A.D. and do not know how to control him and/or what to expect.

The Flu is the Known and we have vaccine shots.
COVID-19 is the Unknown and we have no idea yet.

h

We know how to catch and kill Bears.
We can’t even acknowledge there is (a species) Bigfoot, so we may have big problems on the horizon.

COVID-19 is deadlier than the Flu.
It lies dormant, sinisterly invisible.

1583818518564.png

Don’t put yourself in a position to contract it until we know more and beware of snot microdots. My lord is that Doctor Yasmin hot.

A Bigfoot is smarter and more invisible than a Grizzly Bear.

We will all properly judge COVID-19 a year from now on March 9, 2021.

Last edited:

ComptrBob

EOG Master
The Flu has been around and is indeed deadlier than ever, but we have Flu shots and Vaccines for it and Antibiotics. Doctors are familiar with the Flu and symptoms of the Flu and do the best they can in the 21st Century.

You really should stick to things you know something about.

According to the CDC, flu vaccine shots don't necessarily prevent you from getting the flu. Children under 6 months of age are at risk and cannot get the vaccine.

Antibiotics are not useful against the common flu (its caused by various viruses, not bacteria .. duh), the flu is generally treated with bed rest and plenty of fluids. In severe cases of infection or complications, antiviral drugs such as Tamiflu, Relenza, etc. can be prescribed by doctors. Because of such low sample size of tested true positives in the USA, the mortality of COVID-19 is still unknown, but probably less than 1%. The simple fact is the common flu has killed far more this year even with vaccines and antivirals available.

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
We have tested 1,707. Smallest Sample Size ever?

When I got H1N1, I got prescribed Tamiflu and Tessalon Perles, so Antivirals and not Antbiotics. I get the distinction. But I am not a Doctor. You get the bigger point from the analogy. The 3.4% is high and probably won't be history, but he Guptas and Faucis seem to think this could be worse. It is very early. I hope they get it right. We need more tests, more testing, more people off Ships. I like Fauci's 1% or less, but it will take a couple off years to figure this out?

Last edited:

ComptrBob

EOG Master
We have tested 1,707. Smallest Sample Size ever?

The number of tests is Irrelevant, what counts is the number of true positives vs false positives and false negatives and the number of deaths (although many are just termed "flu-related"). These are all extremely small samples. If you tested all Americans last October, you would have roughly 330M true negatives and 0% mortality due to coronavirus.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
i would avoid all poker rooms, shared cards and chips, mostly asian players. no thanks, i leave it to eddie milkshake to play with those people, ill pass.
This is a nobrainer. Anyone playing poker in a live environment right now gets what they ask for.

bmiller

EOG Addicted
i would avoid all poker rooms, shared cards and chips, mostly asian players. no thanks, i leave it to eddie milkshake to play with those people, ill pass.
do you think gig jobs like doordash or uber eats are dangerous right now? A lot of the Asian community use these services .. not trying to be racist but i try to avoid asians as much as possible right now because of the reasonable chance they have recently visited China

There are now over 700 cases in the US, do you really believe that only 1700 tests have been done, that almost half of all tests have been positive?

Even you are not that deluded.

Of course I don’t-Trump is the perfect president with the perfect brain handling the perfect virus with perfect precision and knows more about this than the doctors or scientists do

Bigrunner

EOG Master
How has Trump been handling the Coronavirus crisis. He's been golfing at his golf resorts. Charging the Secret Service $600 per man, per day.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
Yet another thread has become hijacked to a political thread.

If this is the case. Do you know what kinda of state Missouri is? Hint, you can't get an abortion in Missouri. Do you know who Quinton Lucas is? He's the black Mayor of Kansas City, Mo. Quinton has voted 11 straight years. This morning he went to vote and his name was purged from the voter roll? He was given a provisional ballot. This was a consequence of illegal RepubliCon voter suppression of minority voters. Millions of black sounding names are being removed from voter rolls by RepubliCon controlled states thru out the nation. Quinton Lucas is a great example. Most Americans are oblivious to these crimes against democracy!

Jammer

EOG Dedicated
Yet another thread has become hijacked to a political thread.

JK has been good about moving those political threads that are clogging up the sports forum. Once they get moved over there, they just slowly die out. Wash, rinse, repeat.

Bigrunner

EOG Master
JK has been good about moving those political threads that are clogging up the sports forum. Once they get moved over there, they just slowly die out. Wash, rinse, repeat.

The ones started by Railbird take longer than others for some reason.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Of course I don’t-Trump is the perfect president with the perfect brain handling the perfect virus with perfect precision and knows more about this than the doctors or scientists do
Well, now they say 6500 + people have been tested, but it's really more because private labs are not reporting all the negatives, but you'll still bitch.

cheapseats

EOG Master
The POS, aka, Gavin Newsom praised Trump today for his truthfulness and understanding of the 19 issue. That coming from a loonatic leftist is all you need to know today.

Valuist

EOG Master
If this is the case. Do you know what kinda of state Missouri is? Hint, you can't get an abortion in Missouri. Do you know who Quinton Lucas is? He's the black Mayor of Kansas City, Mo. Quinton has voted 11 straight years. This morning he went to vote and his name was purged from the voter roll? He was given a provisional ballot. This was a consequence of illegal RepubliCon voter suppression of minority voters. Millions of black sounding names are being removed from voter rolls by RepubliCon controlled states thru out the nation. Quinton Lucas is a great example. Most Americans are oblivious to these crimes against democracy!

Give me a break. Nobody has ever voted twice (or 3 or 4 or 5 times) in the city of Chicago. Yeah right.

Well, now they say 6500 + people have been tested, but it's really more because private labs are not reporting all the negatives, but you'll still bitch.

Nope-We have the perfect POTUS to save us and make this the perfect country which puts me in a perfect mood

mr merlin

EOG Master
Nope-We have the perfect POTUS to save us and make this the perfect country which puts me in a perfect mood
I saw the daily briefing by pence and the rest. Reporters still bitching about testing, why aren't people being tested, etc? Over a million test kits are out nationwide to every state, looks to me like a failure at the local level.

Some NY hospital was on the news saying they have no test kits, mayor deblasio, gov cuomo, do your fucking job, dish them out.