Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

You don’t think there will be 200K dead by Election Day and you’re asking if we are catching on yet?

So rich Dr Charlie
I doubt it, about 3 weeks ago another dire prediction came out, it said we would have 140,000 dead by july 1, at that time we were just passing 120K - well we have 1 day to go and it's unlikely we even hit 130K. So in a prediction looking 3 weeks out they missed it by 50%. not even close.

That friedman guy(former head of something under obama) was on the sunday shows yesterday, he talked about how bad things are going, how dangerous it was to reopen, all dire stuff, then he was asked about deaths and why they're still dropping and have fallen so far. He blathered on about lagging indicators, etc, then he made his mistake - he told the truth, he said another 15000 people will die in july - which would avg 500/day. We are above that now, we haven't gotten anywhere near that low yet. So after all that busllshit about exploding cases, rushed reopenings, ignoring science, he basically admitted that deaths will keep dropping.

Which means he lied through his teeth, his agenda is only to scare, to drum up fear.
Sad

Update time, another week into rising cases and covid hysteria, record cases oh my god...yet the death rate remains flat, right where it was 6 weeks ago, right were it was 3 months ago.

Good news, nationwide hospitalizations are now under 30K, after peaking around 56K 5-6 weeks ago, and they're dropping fast. Strange that the media isn't talking about that?

6 weeks ago, where we at now?

Where do we think we'll be in Dec, Jan, Feb

any chance we get over 56k again?

how high would be too high? 65k? 75k?

N and S Dakotas gotta be real close to herd immunity

they lead the case per population tab by a very healthy margin.

they might be the only two states that won't even need a vaccine, Churches will be packed for midnight masses on Christmas

except for the weirdo south dakotans that have caught it twice.

6 weeks ago, where we at now?

Where do we think we'll be in Dec, Jan, Feb

any chance we get over 56k again?

how high would be too high? 65k? 75k?
After nov 4th it doesn't matter, i think the spring peak in hospitalizations was 66K, the july one about 56K, that vaccine should be here in a few weeks to a month, if they do the old geezers first that should cut into it.

N and S Dakotas gotta be real close to herd immunity

they lead the case per population tab by a very healthy margin.

they might be the only two states that won't even need a vaccine, Churches will be packed for midnight masses on Christmas

except for the weirdo south dakotans that have caught it twice.
Bismark went to mandatory masks, no penalties for non compliance, and business's/churches, etc can opt out if they want. Are you happy now?

In CA them problem is generally only those peeps who feel shitty go get tested. Those without any symptoms, they stay away from testing. So what you get is slanted outcomes. There are counties begging peeps without symptoms to get tested. We're being sold a pile of shit by the govern

Bismark went to mandatory masks, no penalties for non compliance, and business's/churches, etc can opt out if they want. Are you happy now?
\

why would I be happy, I'm not a fan of mandates or loss of freedom

also I think North Dakota and South Dakota can give us valuable insight into our ability to approach herd immunity and other metrics

the spread there and other throw away states like Idaho, Montana, minnesota, wisconsin, Illinois can give experts valuable insight for the next real pandemic threat with a much deadlier contagion.

Midwest region hospitalizations

We got down to a low of 4,700+ hospitalized on July 4 (down from the big peak of 11k on May 4

been climbing back up over the past 6 weeks to hit 6,500

I guess we'll continue to see the Midwest have more deaths as we head towards schools opening and Flu season approaches

up to 13,661

If we can get up to 18k-20k+ by Christmas, we might get some bargains on properties soon. all these young millenials that bought or rent recently are going to go home for the holidays and rich mom and dad will convince them to move back to the burbs from their "city life" of covid closures, shootings, and riots.

meanwhile the cutting edge gentrifying neighborhoods are seeing record #'s of old minority homeowners dying. Many families are not or will not be able to pay the taxes on the home when the Patriachs or matriachs pass. lots of mid and long term opportunities there, as minorities continue their steady stream out of the city.

all these big companies currently building more high rise condos and hotels here in the West Loop :rolleyes: and it's already turned into a ghost town

https://public.tableau.com/shared/YZ4SF8HDF?:display_count=y&:origin=viz_share_link&:embed=y