Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

Valuist

EOG Master
COVID-19 Coronavirus And Tuberculosis: We Need A Damage Control Plan

As the coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic sweeps the world, I and others working to fight TB have growing anxiety about what this pandemic will do to a much older infectious killer - tuberculosis (TB). We know from the Ebola experience that epidemics can disrupt even basic services such as routine immunization. No doubt, COVID-19 will adversely affect all routine health services everywhere. But TB services is might be one of the biggest casualties. Why?

Even before COVID-19, TB had a notorious track record as a ‘Captain of the Men of Death’. TB kills 4000 people each day, and 1.5 million people each year. TB is the leading killer of people living with HIV/AIDS. An estimated 10 million people developed TB in 2018, and nearly half a million people developed drug-resistant TB (DR-TB).

https://www.forbes.com/sites/madhuk...s-we-need-a-damage-control-plan/#44fe5150295c

Interesting stuff. I was not aware that TB still killed and infected that many people.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Most models predicted much more. Tucker Carlson talking about it tonight.
Yup, tucker spot on. Ok was supposed to have 1000 today, they have 38. The MN governor used similar bad numbers when he shut us down, we'll need 10000 beds, etc, right now we have 80 filled, 38 in ICU.

Everything we've been told is a lie.

And Fauci said that coronavirus is something that really shouldn't be worried about right now. It was low risk on 1/21. Yet fake news kane keeps saying Trump was warned. Fauci changed his mind later and Trump put in the travel ban.

Last edited:

kane

EOG master
Fake news kane at it again. Trump kicked Epstein out of Mar-a-Lago long before he ran for Presidency.

"I've known Jeff for 15 years, he's a terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them on the younger side."-- The presdient

MrTop

EOG Master
Interesting stuff. I was not aware that TB still killed and infected that many people.

I caught TB years ago ... tested positive then took medicine ......for about 6-8 weeks I had to stay home.......always positive but they can tell you have it by lung x-ray. I am a favorite to catch corona cause of weak lungs and diabetes. If you are going thru cancer treatment it weakens your immune system too.

I bought a lot of gatorade , vitamin C and D and other supplements ....... nurses in family told me this is what they give out with Tylenol if you have corona otherwise there are no meds.

"I've known Jeff for 15 years, he's a terrific guy. He's a lot of fun to be with. It is even said he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them on the younger side."-- The presdient

He kicked him out of his club before that statement. Stop posting fake news. Trump didn't screw a 13 year old.

I caught TB years ago ... tested positive then took medicine ......for about 6-8 weeks I had to stay home.......always positive but they can tell you have it by lung x-ray. I am a favorite to catch corona cause of weak lungs and diabetes. If you are going thru cancer treatment it weakens your immune system too.

I bought a lot of gatorade , vitamin C and D and other supplements ....... nurses in family told me this is what they give out with Tylenol if you have corona otherwise there are no meds.

Ive heard a few people say this is a good thing to take to fight the virus

39BCB4CA-2A48-492F-97DC-C3CF929850A4.jpeg

Valuist

EOG Master

So TB must do some sort of permanent damage to the lungs if they can see by the X-ray. We don't yet know if the coronavirus will cause permanent damage. SARS recoverees had a high incidence of cancer. Best of luck, Mr. Top.

Governor Cuomo said that masks and medical supplies were being stolen, and nothing much is said about it.

People are stealing masks and other medical equipment from hospitals, New York Gov. Cuomo says
“Not just people taking a couple or three, I mean just actual thefts of those products,” Cuomo said at a press conference from the state capital in Albany. “I’ve asked the state police to do an investigation, look at places that are selling masks, medical equipment, protective wear, feeding the anxiety.
https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/06/peop...uomo-says.html

Then Trump says the same thing about them being stolen and his allegations are labeled "Beyond Absurd" by Senator Kirsten Gillibrand.

No evidence for Trump's suggestion that masks are 'going out the back door' of New York hospitals
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand says Trump’s allegations about New York hospitals were beyond absurd
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/pol...-back-n1172251

MrTop

EOG Master
So TB must do some sort of permanent damage to the lungs if they can see by the X-ray. We don't yet know if the coronavirus will cause permanent damage. SARS recoverees had a high incidence of cancer. Best of luck, Mr. Top.

yes TB scars the lungs,

thanx

Bushay

NHL Expert
Someone over at FoxNews didn’t properly vent their guest tonight and he exposed some facts to the sheep who watch there they really didn’t want you to hear. I think it’s safe to say this guest will never be invited back. Twitter’s having a field day with this one. He he!

10 million Americans filed for unemployment the last 2 weeks. Congress gets caught insider trading, $25m went to the Kennedy Center and set up a committee to investigate Trump. They are also taking the first 20 days off in April.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
The rate of cases doubling has slowed down significantly in NY,long way from round 1 being over but
it’s a positive sign .
Offsetting that fact is that seemingly NY has progressively set daily records for deaths over 24 hour periods. Given that NYS accounts for nearly 44% of the nation's fatality rate, combined with at least 100,000 projected nationwide casualties, it's difficult to put a positive spin on much these days.

kane- don't quote AOL.

Political junkies would recognize that level of anti-Republican vitriol and readily identify the perpetrator - Huffington Post. HuffPo, as it is sometimes called, has evolved from a simple news aggregator into one of the most sophisticated propaganda operations the world has ever seen.

The site was started by political chameleon Arianna Huffington, who used to be conservative before she discovered it was far more lucrative to be liberal. The zeros that entrepreneur Huffington paid bloggers for their content came back to her as $20 million to $30 million or more, along with $4 million a year. That was part of the $315 million sale to AOL that turned Huffington into a media mogul and the most powerful propagandist since a guy named Goebbels.

mr merlin

EOG Master
3M, Under Attack From White House, Pushes Back
I saw the 3M CEO claim they're making masks as fast as they can and are sending them out, but he avoided the actual charge against them. Namely that they send them to distributors that prioritize foreign sales for profit. That is the issue, they can control where they send them, they cant wash their hands of responsibility after they ship them out.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Offsetting that fact is that seemingly NY has progressively set daily records for deaths over 24 hour periods. Given that NYS accounts for nearly 44% of the nation's fatality rate, combined with at least 100,000 projected nationwide casualties, it's difficult to put a positive spin on much these days.

Deblasio left the schools open wayyy too long...thats why NY so bad

mr merlin

EOG Master
I often wonder what Dr. Fauci really wants to say and thinks of him when he's speaking at the WH podium
He's been wrong on almost everything he's said, no reason to keep him around. His predictions have been horribly wrong, his recommendations were followed, and now that it's obvious they're not really effective, he's blaming americans instead of taking responsibility.

It really is so obvious, everyone is grasping at straws, maybe it was this, maybe that. Dullard thinking.

Ray is correct though. Diblasio was criminally deficient with his response along with the WH. NYC is an international hub with visitors from all over the world. Examining breakdowns in the response is not dullard thinking, it's an opportunity to learn from mistakes.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Ray is correct though. Diblasio was criminally deficient with his response along with the WH. NYC is an international hub with visitors from all over the world. Examining breakdowns in the response is not dullard thinking, it's an opportunity to learn from mistakes.
You know, one could say that the reaction by deblasio and others was partially due to their instinctive reaction to oppose trump, trump put on a travel ban and they went out and told people to party on in support of china. Trump started to get serious and deblasio told people to ride the subways.

Trump derangement syndrome no doubt helped spread the disease.

You know, one could say that the reaction by deblasio and others was partially due to their instinctive reaction to oppose trump, trump put on a travel ban and they went out and told people to party on in support of china. Trump started to get serious and deblasio told people to ride the subways.

Trump derangement syndrome no doubt helped spread the disease.

Nice try, supporting trumps incompetence and blasé response to the virus is quintessential cultist thinking. It all started 2 years ago with trump firing the pandemic team and subsequently ignoring his private briefings warning him of the severity of this situation.

Feb. 26: 58 confirmed cases in U.S.
The 15 cases in U.S. "within a couple days is going to be down close to zero"

Last edited: