Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

blueline

EOG Master
Thinking of installing a tornado shelter.Virus won't find me underground.Live on canned goods till this blows over

KevinStott11

EOG Veteran
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.02.26.20028191v1

Background A recently developing pneumonia caused by SARS-CoV-2 was originated in Wuhan, China, and has quickly spread across the world. We reported the clinical characteristics of 82 death cases with COVID-19 in a single center. Methods Clinical data on 82 death cases laboratory-confirmed as SARS-CoV-2 infection were obtained from a Wuhan local hospital′s electronic medical records according to previously designed standardized data collection forms. Findings All patients were local residents of Wuhan, and the great proportion of them were diagnosed as severe illness when admitted. Most of the death cases were male (65.9%). More than half of dead patients were older than 60 years (80.5%) and the median age was 72.5 years. The bulk of death cases had comorbidity (76.8%), including hypertension (56.1%), heart disease (20.7%), diabetes (18.3%), cerebrovascular disease (12.2%), and cancer (7.3%). Respiratory failure remained the leading cause of death (69.5%), following by sepsis syndrome/MOF (28.0%), cardiac failure (14.6%), hemorrhage (6.1%), and renal failure (3.7%).

Furthermore, respiratory, cardiac, hemorrhage, hepatic, and renal damage were found in 100%, 89%, 80.5%, 78.0%, and 31.7% of patients, respectively. On the admission, lymphopenia (89.2%), neutrophilia (74.3%), and thrombocytopenia (24.3%) were usually observed. Most patients had a high neutrophil-to-lymphocyte ratio of >5 (94.5%), high systemic immune-inflammation index of >500 (89.2%), increased C-reactive protein level (100%), lactate dehydrogenase (93.2%), and D-dimer (97.1%). A high level of IL-6 (>10 pg/ml) was observed in all detected patients. Median time from initial symptom to death was 15 days (IQR 11-20), and a significant association between aspartate aminotransferase (p=0.002), alanine aminotransferase (p=0.037) and time from initial symptom to death were interestingly observed. Conclusion Older males with comorbidities are more likely to develop severe disease, even die from SARS-CoV-2 infection. Respiratory failure is the main cause of COVID-19, but either virus itself or cytokine release storm mediated damage to other organ including cardiac, renal, hepatic, and hemorrhage should be taken seriously as well.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
fwiw from everything I'm reading my concern has escalated to 4-6. If I were living in the US as apposed to Costa Rica it would be 7-9.

E$

EOG Dedicated
Yeah, you would think that stuff with 3’s would get old, but somehow it doesn’t

MrTop

EOG Master
china makes 85% of the US medicine. Wait till everything goes on back order cause they are not working.

1 - It's no different than the flu. I just worry about my parents. I don't visit them if I'm sick and I I don't even like to bring my kids over in the winter.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
We all will get it ..most will be ok but 2% will die.
Most of you don't bet 50/1 shots so don't worry

I'm worried ...

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
the mortality rate is based on KNOWN cases

so obviously it's much lower than # that's out there

but carry on

mr merlin

EOG Master
the mortality rate is based on KNOWN cases

so obviously it's much lower than # that's out there

but carry on
You're right, but that also means that many people have it and dont know it, and are spreading it to others. 1% is probably more in range, that's still a million or more deaths unfortunatly.

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
1 - It's no different than the flu. I just worry about my parents. I don't visit them if I'm sick and I I don't even like to bring my kids over in the winter.
Way different than the flu. To put it in terms sports bettors can understand. The flu is like Chicago st in ncaa hoops and this virus is like Kansas.

kane

EOG master
The pathological liar compared it to having the flu, he even said people who have the virus should go to work, it's no wonder Kool Aid drinker Raiders thinks the same

Ray Luca

EOG Master
The pathological liar compared it to having the flu, he even said people who have the virus should go to work, it's no wonder Kool Aid drinker Raiders thinks the same

What was amazing about what he said was he basically admitted not knowing how many people die from flu,,,,then he didn't understand the .03% vs 3% and said more people die from flu

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
My good friend poster Oldsandbagger has been tested here in Pattaya, Thailand entering a nightclub and a big grocery store in the past couple days...the alert is very high and businesses here are going to great lengths to combat the virus...other places are closing down for a couple days and being cleaned from top to bottom....lots of bars and restaurants here are providing soap on their tables for hand cleanliness....also airport passengers in Bangkok are being tested coming in and out....

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
The response is already fucked up.

A month in and still not enough test kits available.

Only tested like 1500 people so far. Compare that to other nations.

With Trump in charge, we are fukked

And he is telling people with the virus to go to work.

SMH LOL

mr merlin

EOG Master
The response is already fucked up.

A month in and still not enough test kits available.

Only tested like 1500 people so far. Compare that to other nations.

With Trump in charge, we are fukked

And he is telling people with the virus to go to work.

SMH LOL
He said no such thing.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Was going to make the PNB Indian Wells tournament again this year however, sounds like their safety measures will make the experience negative in a lot of ways. Passing, fortunately they will refund total cost.