Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I think that he doesnt' believe that he is going to get the stimulus package through because the dems are going to keep taging green new deal amendents to it along with not having voter id required at the next election.

so trump had to save face by announcing a plan to reopen by easter. get people excited to get back to church for the big easter celebration.

this would be an epic disaster. there is no way in hell this is going to be declining to a point that is lower than what it has been the last few days.

this isn't possible because the cases are going to spread.

I would predict to see a 15000 or lower dow in the next 20 days.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
He is literally a dumbass.

We are at the mercy of blind luck.

Maybe someone somewhere figures out a way to cure this... soon

If not Trump's ideas will get a lot people killed

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
I think Trump has it wrong about his reelection chances.

Right now he thinks its connected to the well being of the economy. I dont think that is necessary anymore.

If he can keep his approval rating up thru this, however long it takes, that would be enough.

But he has to make the correct choice
If he opens back up too soon, which it looks like he wants to he WILL cause unspeakable damage to the US--economy AND people

If there is gonna be images of overflowing hospitals, he will lose the independents.

The MAGGAts will stick by him no matter what
I believe your thinking that trump believes all he has to do is maintain the dow and he gets re-elected which is going to be his downfall.

notice how joe biden has disappeared. not a great case for someone who wants to be the leader in a crisis like this.

unless the dems are hoping the only way to beat trump to to allow him to hang himself.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I was thinking if Trump can do a decent job guiding us thru this mess, that would be enough.

People would give him a pass on the economy.

But it looks like he is overruling the health experts and going with his own ideas.

BIG MISTAKE

cheapseats

EOG Master
I was thinking if Trump can do a decent job guiding us thru this mess, that would be enough.

But it looks like he is overruling the health experts and going with his own ideas.

BIG MISTAKE
Wrong Fucci or however the name goes has publicly told reporters the media needs to stop trying to drive a wedge between them.

I believe your thinking that trump believes all he has to do is maintain the dow and he gets re-elected which is going to be his downfall.

notice how joe biden has disappeared. not a great case for someone who wants to be the leader in a crisis like this.

unless the dems are hoping the only way to beat trump to to allow him to hang himself.

Biden hasn’t disappeared-he’s avoiding the public like he’s supposed to right now. Joe delivered a more thoughtful and intelligent address to this problem on video a couple of days ago than trump has to this date

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
All Trump has and might need really.

Is to point at Biden at the debates and ask the American people

"Look at him. Is that who you want as your Prez?"

LOL it might work

Biden's only shot is to beg Warren to be his running mate, where every Dem will know, that its Warren who will run the country

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
There were plenty of decent candidates, but they picked Biden... why I dont know

I thought only Republicans nominated dumbasses.

I stand corrected

mr merlin

EOG Master

BIG MISTAKE
His support is growing day by day, that's a fact.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Come on Merlin-I know we’ve had our banter back and forth but I know you’re better than this. There’s a lot of tribalism in politics but I don’t truly believe there’s a lot of people rooting for more illnesses and deaths.

There’s always a few sick bastards on both sides of the party aisle and I will always call out any of them regardless of affiliation.
Are you nuts, trump mentions that drug and the media mocks him, say's he's giving people false hope, then it turns out many people are using it right now and reporting good results(movie stars, etc), only the conservative sites mention it.

Today a total fool drinks aquarium cleaner and kills himself, and they imply trump is to blame ...yes the media is hoping against hope the drug is a failure, I guarantee it.

To get back to my point, all these measures that people are taking to isolate, sanitize, etc, will work to lessen the spread, they have to, it's math. So in many, many places this virus should abate somewhat in the next 2 weeks(NY almost certainly wont). So the curve will be flattened, which means we have achieved success and should drop all the crazy measures that threw people out of work(with people still doing their best to maintain social distancing).

This would meann trump was correct, and you can bet dollars to donuts the media is rooting for that not to happen, they want to keep the economy shut down, they want people to die.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
we need some good news

They started giving people Chloroquine today right?

that Florda guy said it basically took him from death bed to back and alive and chipper in a night's sleep.

let's hope tomorrow NY sees a big decline

anyone see any scientific info on how many people they are using for this trial?

mr merlin

EOG Master
we need some good news

They started giving people Chloroquine today right?

that Florda guy said it basically took him from death bed to back and alive and chipper in a night's sleep.

let's hope tomorrow NY sees a big decline

anyone see any scientific info on how many people they are using for this trial?
That one actor from hawaii 5-O also took it and said it helped him a lot. Apparently lots of individuals are now using it with their dr's consent.

Chloroquine takes around 3 days to kick in, that guy you mentioned I think took redesevier the experimental drug.

Are you nuts, trump mentions that drug and the media mocks him, say's he's giving people false hope, then it turns out many people are using it right now and reporting good results(movie stars, etc), only the conservative sites mention it.

Today a total fool drinks aquarium cleaner and kills himself, and they imply trump is to blame ...yes the media is hoping against hope the drug is a failure, I guarantee it.

To get back to my point, all these measures that people are taking to isolate, sanitize, etc, will work to lessen the spread, they have to, it's math. So in many, many places this virus should abate somewhat in the next 2 weeks(NY almost certainly wont). So the curve will be flattened, which means we have achieved success and should drop all the crazy measures that threw people out of work(with people still doing their best to maintain social distancing).

This would meann trump was correct, and you can bet dollars to donuts the media is rooting for that not to happen, they want to keep the economy shut down, they want people to die.

I guess I spoke too soon and you were right about the media. Tonight Brit Hume said on Fox News “It’s an entirely reasonable viewpoint” to expect that grandparents would be willing to die to protect the economy.

Does Britt not realize how old he is and the median age of Fox News viewers is 78?

mr merlin

EOG Master
I guess I spoke too soon and you were right about the media. Tonight Brit Hume said on Fox News “It’s an entirely reasonable viewpoint” to expect that grandparents would be willing to die to protect the economy.

Does Britt not realize how old he is and the median age of Fox News viewers is 78?
You guys miss the point, the point is if this country goes into a depression america might never be the same again, . They want their grandchildren to grow up in a place where the american dream still exists. When i go out, which i do every day, i see the stores crawling with old people, they're not afraid, they've lived through a lot worse.

blueline

EOG Master
My gf mother is nearing 80 and recovering from a health issue...if she gets this virus it will likely kill her...I guess I should ask her if she's willing to die to protect the economy

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran

don't forget the tens of millions of people that aren't grandparents that have high blood pressure, Britt

Nearly half of adults in the United States (108 million, or 45%) have hypertension defined as a systolic blood pressure ≥ 130 mm Hg or a diastolic blood pressure ≥ 80 mm Hg or are taking medication for hypertension.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Its prob reasonable to ask 50 year old fathers of teens, (that ate too many french fries with extra salt for the past few decades and stopped working out at 35)

to die so that we get out of a recession in 6-12 months instead of 24-36 months

You guys miss the point, the point is if this country goes into a depression america might never be the same again, . They want their grandchildren to grow up in a place where the american dream still exists. When i go out, which i do every day, i see the stores crawling with old people, they're not afraid, they've lived through a lot worse.

Keep reaching-that straw is almost within grasp

Bushay

NHL Expert
The White House coronavirus task force, citing concern about the high infection rate in the New York City area, is asking everyone who has left that area recently to self-isolate for 14 days, wherever they are.
Deborah Birx, the response coordinator for the task force, said at a Tuesday news conference that 60 percent of all the new cases in the United States are coming out of the New York City metro area.
“To everyone who has left New York over the last few days, because of the ... number of cases, you may have been exposed before you left New York," Birx said.
President Trump said Tuesday that he wants the country “opened up” by Easter — April 12 — and continued to play down the dangers of the coronavirus pandemic even as experts warned of a worsening crisis.

Here are some significant developments:
  • The number of confirmed cases around the world passed 400,000, suggesting that the global pace of infection continues to increase. Italy reported 743 new deaths, bringing the country’s total to 6,820. France became the fifth country to mark more than 1,000 coronavirus deaths.
  • Liberty University is welcoming students back to campus, while colleges across the county have sent students home to to try slow the spread of coronavirus.
  • Rep. Ben McAdams (D-Utah), who has covid-19, remains hospitalized because of low oxygen levels. Sen. Mitt Romney (R-Utah) said he tested negative after being in contact with Sen. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), who later tested positive.
  • The Tokyo Olympics have been postponed until 2021.
  • Ford sent teams of engineers this week to consult with counterparts at 3M and General Electric to ramp up production of 3M respirators, GE ventilators and new 3-D-printed face shields, the companies announced Tuesday.
  • The pandemic has hit the Federal Emergency Management Agency with the most complex disaster it has ever faced, threatening to swamp the agency, current and former FEMA officials say.
The World.....This thing is just starting to get bad.

Trump and Raiders......

It's on the level of a head cold.....and.....

1585108096267.png

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Its prob reasonable to ask 50 year old fathers of teens, (that ate too many french fries with extra salt for the past few decades and stopped working out at 35)

to die so that we get out of a recession in 6-12 months instead of 24-36 months

There's no universally accepted definition of economic depression but most economists would say that a multi-year 10% drop in GDP and/or 24-36 months of no or negative growth is a depression.

Last edited:

Bushay

NHL Expert
This brief shut down has demonstrated how truly weak our economy is with half of our population living pay check to pay check while businesses/corporations are running their operations without much reserve capital
The whole ...we have the best economy in the history of economies has always been nothing but a smokescreen since the day he came down that elevator. Like all his past companies he's bankrupt, he's in the process of doing the same to this country. All the while he's filling his pockets while in office. Its just business as usual for this crook.

cheapseats

EOG Master
The whole ...we have the best economy in the history of economies has always been nothing but a smokescreen since the day he came down that elevator. Like all his past companies he's bankrupt, he's in the process of doing the same to this country. All the while he's filling his pockets while in office. Its just business as usual for this crook.
Pls quantify, verify and prove your words.

cheapseats

EOG Master
The one that pisses me off is Wall Street.

Every time there is the slightest disturbance in the force, they require trillions and trillions in bailouts
You do realize at a mimimum. CALSTRS is down billions because of this. That is but one large public retirement system. What's your cure.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
You do realize at a mimimum. CALSTRS is down billions because of this. That is but one large public retirement system. What's your cure.

Yes a jabroni like me will come up with an answer on a sportsbetting forum

However the stock market is not the only market Wall Street dabbles in.

Way too much gambling going using stocks as collateral.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Yes a jabroni like me will come up with an answer on a sportsbetting forum

However the stock market is not the only market Wall Street dabbles in.

Way too much gambling going using stocks as collateral.
Well, it's been around for decades and through both parties, so why now.