Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Three dozen members of a church catch the virus, and Trump wants churches packed on Easterhttps://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/03/26/nearly-3-dozen-who-attended-church-event-test-positive-for-coronavirus/23962285/
if people are allowed to go to church for holy week. remember there is church on holy thursday, good friday and then mass on saturday or sunday which means the interaction with people is 3x instead of a single sunday mass.

this WILL reawaken the virus to new levels since "healthy" young people unaware they have the virus will be in close quarters with old religious people.

horrible idea in my opinion to even suggest this or to put the thought of this happening.

just very dumb.

Easy fix. Keep all businesses and other places of gatherings closed except for churches. The prayers will make this virus disappear immediately.

kane

EOG master
President Cuomo? The only person of power showing true leadership for the crisis?

He has shown very good leadership, and when you consider who he has to work with in the WH, it makes his showing even more remarkable. The way he's handled things, the way he's talked to the people, the way he lays everything out during his press conferences, is the way the president should be doing it. Unfortunately we have someone in the WH wholly unprepared to handle a crisis like this, a president who ignored his own advisors, a president who thinks he knows more than the experts, a president who only cares about himself, a president who puts his own best interests (or at least thinks he does), ahead of the best interests of the American people

mr merlin

EOG Master
Sure, blame the mayor, blame the governor, blame anyone and everyone except the president
Perhaps you care to enlighten us, what has deblasio done? Except bitch and whine? Do you know that less than 3 weeks ago he was encouraging new yorkers to go out on the town, said dont be afraid of the virus, that it was not a threat. As recently as 10 days ago he was encouraging everyone to ride the subway.

Cuoma has done OK, Deblasio has been a total disgrace.

He has shown very good leadership, and when you consider who he has to work with in the WH, it makes his showing even more remarkable. The way he's handled things, the way he's talked to the people, the way he lays everything out during his press conferences, is the way the president should be doing it. Unfortunately we have someone in the WH wholly unprepared to handle a crisis like this, a president who ignored his own advisors, a president who thinks he knows more than the experts, a president who only cares about himself, a president who puts his own best interests (or at least thinks he does), ahead of the best interests of the American people

Good post. Cuomo has been upfront and honest with the reality of the situation. The next time trump does that will be the first time.

Perhaps you care to enlighten us, what has deblasio done? Except bitch and whine? Do you know that less than 3 weeks ago he was encouraging new yorkers to go out on the town, said dont be afraid of the virus, that it was not a threat. As recently as 10 days ago he was encouraging everyone to ride the subway.

Cuoma has done OK, Deblasio has been a total disgrace.

And trump said on February 26 that the virus cases in this country would be zero or close to zero within a couple of days. You can keep twisting yourself into a pretzel to defend your cult leader but it doesn’t change the reality that he has had one crisis to deal with as president and he has fucked it up in a big way.

Don't get caught up in what Trump said unless that's the only thing he's done wrong. When data changes, so do opinions. The markets tanking. Everyone says it will keep going down. Then with the introduction of a stimulus package, opinions changed.

Originally I said 50 deaths/day. Now I'm saying that it tops at around 100 deaths/day minus NY and NJ.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Don't get caught up in what Trump said unless that's the only thing he's done wrong. When data changes, so do opinions. The markets tanking. Everyone says it will keep going down. Then with the introduction of a stimulus package, opinions changed.

Originally I said 50 deaths/day. Now I'm saying that it tops at around 100 deaths/day minus NY and NJ.
If i were you I would stop making predictions.

This pandemic will more or less follow the same path as all others before it, the collective efforts of the US and world will only have a delaying effect.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I love some of the comments

"That's great. So now people from High Risk counties can just go to the Low Risk ones and be safe "

"Classifying various areas of the country as "Low-Risk" for the Coronavirus by Easter is all a part of the Trump Administration's brilliant plan to make the entire country "High-Risk" by Summer "

kane

EOG master
If anyone else were President, we would have 10,000/day.

LMAO, if anyone else were president they would have listened to their advisors who back in January said we would get hit with a pandemic, they wouldn't have called it a hoax, they wouldn't have said it would go away on it's own like a miracle, they wouldn't have said it's only 15 people and we have it under control, they wouldn't have said it's only one person from China, and on, and on, and on

kane

EOG master

Originally you said it would be over in two weeks, you said the total deaths would be 1,500. You, just like the president, have underestimated this virus right from the start, you said you weren't worried and you even bragged about attending a big St Patrick's day party saying you weren't concerned, you've been proven wrong in dealing with the virus at every turn

If i were you I would stop making predictions.

This pandemic will more or less follow the same path as all others before it, the collective efforts of the US and world will only have a delaying effect.
you predicted 10,000/day. It won't be close. At least I'm within 150.

Originally you said it would be over in two weeks, you said the total deaths would be 1,500. You, just like the president, have underestimated this virus right from the start, you said you weren't worried and you even bragged about attending a big St Patrick's day party saying you weren't concerned, you've been proven wrong in dealing with the virus at every turn
3,000 total deaths in 2 months is what I said.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
the rate of increase of total new cases will be over 20% for the day

I don't think it will be that high, but I wouldn't look at day to day's as the reporting from states in more distress is getting haphazard and not seen as a priority as their crisis grows longer and more serious. I'd look at it in 3 day chunks and averages. It won't be over anytime real quick so looking at it up to the min or day prob not too accurate.

It will be interesting to see how quickly big cities can get this resolved and how well states, cities, hospitals work together to ship ventilators from one area to another or if that will happen? I mean how do you decide where to send them if your hospital is not in as much need, but 100 are in desperate need?

might not get to that, as people getting on them seem to need them for at least 2-3 weeks

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I don't think it will be that high, but I wouldn't look at day to day's as the reporting from states in more distress is getting haphazard and not seen as a priority as their crisis grows longer and more serious. I'd look at it in 3 day chunks and averages. It won't be over anytime real quick so looking at it up to the min or day prob not too accurate.

Its already at 17 percent for the day. And if the past is any indications, they will be updated at like 10 PM Eastern. Today should go waaayyy over 20%

Each of the last three days, its been at least 20%

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Its already at 17 percent for the day. And if the past is any indications, they will be updated at like 10 PM Eastern. Today should go waaayyy over 20%

oh sorry, you were talking new cases. I thought you meant deaths.

I have zero idea how to quantify new cases as there are about 4 variables at work there. So I can't let those numbers really inform what is really happening with any degree of certainty

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
They already made makeshift tents at the hospital where I live. They erected them last Sunday.

The problem is the lack of ventilators

I live within about a quarter mile from 2 hospitals here, and 1 of them had a tan mash looking tent up. but it couldn't have been bigger than 50 feet by 30 feet.

MrTop

EOG Master
Confirmed cases: {casesStr}
Deaths: {deathsStr}

Note: State figures may not reflect repatriated patients from the Diamond Princess cruise ship or those evacuated from Wuhan, China.
Confirmed cases Deaths
New York
New Jersey
California
Michigan
Washington
Illinois
Massachusetts
Florida
Louisiana
Pennsylvania
Georgia
Texas
Colorado
Tennessee
Connecticut
Ohio
Wisconsin
Indiana
North Carolina
Maryland
Arizona
Missouri
Alabama
Mississippi
Virginia
South Carolina
Nevada
Utah
Minnesota
Arkansas
Oregon
Oklahoma
District of Columbia
Kentucky
Iowa
Kansas
Rhode Island
Vermont
Maine
New Hampshire
Delaware
Idaho
New Mexico
Hawaii
Nebraska
Montana
Puerto Rico
Alaska
Wyoming
North Dakota
West Virginia
South Dakota
Guam
Virgin Islands

LMAO, if anyone else were president they would have listened to their advisors who back in January said we would get hit with a pandemic, they wouldn't have called it a hoax, they wouldn't have said it would go away on it's own like a miracle, they wouldn't have said it's only 15 people and we have it under control, they wouldn't have said it's only one person from China, and on, and on, and on

If anyone else were POTUS its doubtful they’d have disbanded the pandemic team