Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

kane

EOG master
posted for the past poster kane and he didn't answer.

I've answered your question 10 times already, I don't make predictions on things I don't know, I have no idea how many Americans will die from the virus, I hope as few as possible. You thought it would be over by this weekend, LMAO

mr merlin

EOG Master
I wonder why germany has such a low death rate, i thought they'd catch up but they are steady at a very low % compared to everyone else.

boston massacre

EOG Master
He has shown very good leadership, and when you consider who he has to work with in the WH, it makes his showing even more remarkable. The way he's handled things, the way he's talked to the people, the way he lays everything out during his press conferences, is the way the president should be doing it. Unfortunately we have someone in the WH wholly unprepared to handle a crisis like this, a president who ignored his own advisors, a president who thinks he knows more than the experts, a president who only cares about himself, a president who puts his own best interests (or at least thinks he does), ahead of the best interests of the American people

Correct.

Trump does a Fantastic Job explaining everything very well.

mr merlin

EOG Master
The bottom line is you cant wish away the pandemic, it's all math and is dependent on the R O, every day the R O is over 1 the pandemic will get worse, as soon as it drops below 1 ,everyday it will get better.

The R O is not the same everywhere, it's dependent on all kinds of factors, density, behavior, % of pop immune, etc. Which is why the pandemic will never get as bad in certain areeas as others, the current RO might be 4 in NY city, barely over 1 somewhere in the midwest.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Sure, blame the mayor, blame the governor, blame anyone and everyone except the president

Sure, Blame everything on this Great President.

Instead of the Liberal Snowflake Democrats, who are to Blame for this virus, because of their Open Border Policies.

China brought this virus into the country. That's why it has been given its proper name.

THE CHINA VIRUS..

boston massacre

EOG Master
Good post. Cuomo has been upfront and honest with the reality of the situation. The next time trump does that will be the first time.

Who's Taking care of Cuomo ?

TRUMP.

Sending Him the USS COMFORT NAVAL HOSPITAL.

Cuomo can't do Shit without TRUMP.

Cuomo's a Lot of Talk.

But No Action.

The bottom line is you cant wish away the pandemic, it's all math and is dependent on the R O, every day the R O is over 1 the pandemic will get worse, as soon as it drops below 1 ,everyday it will get better.

The R O is not the same everywhere, it's dependent on all kinds of factors, density, behavior, % of pop immune, etc. Which is why the pandemic will never get as bad in certain areeas as others, the current RO might be 4 in NY city, barely over 1 somewhere in the midwest.
It's all math but the problem is that unreliable stats lead to a broken model. The only accurate figure is death right now.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Idaho had their first deaths.

I read about them in the article, and it went on to explain some of the death reporting procedures of their state. I would imagine every state is a little bit different, but underscores the fact the we can't really look at any of the tickers with the reliablity we are used to for sports scores. I"ll be looking more at 3 day and eventually 7 day trends.

https://www.idahostatesman.com/news/coronavirus/article241535426.html

Idaho has announced its first three deaths in the coronavirus pandemic.
Two Blaine County residents and one Canyon County resident — all men over the age of 60 — have died in connection with COVID-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus. The deaths were reported in a press release from the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare on Thursday afternoon.
The announcement came 13 days after Idaho announced its first confirmed coronavirus case.

Idaho made its announcement at least several days after the first death occurred. The Blaine County Coroner’s Office told the Idaho Statesman a coronavirus death occurred Monday.
For a health district to report that someone has died from the coronavirus, a death certificate with the cause of death must be issued by the local coroner’s office, said Brianna Bodily, public information officer for the South Central Public Health District. South Central includes Blaine County.
Bodily added that even if someone has been diagnosed with the virus and is receiving medical treatment in a hospital before death, the coroner’s office must investigate and provide a cause of death before the death certificate can be released. A coroner’s office has 10 days to determine someone’s cause of death.

Wade

EOG Master
i'm hearing a chopper flying around. not sure what this is about? its probably spraying the coronavirus all over the place.

mr merlin

EOG Master
It's all math but the problem is that unreliable stats lead to a broken model. The only accurate figure is death right now.
I agree that many stats are worthless, china prob had a million cases or more, maybe 50K deaths, all data from there is garbage, likewise Iran is lying through their teeth. As soon as they get real data on antibodies we'll know a lot. That will tell us how widespread this really is.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Yeah, Math could be limited here to a degree. Enough to toss it out ALL completely out the window?

Pulling numbers out of our asses and digging our heels in with zero evidence: number or otherwise I guess that could be limited too.

I guess I see how some get there.

bmiller

EOG Addicted
CNN Anderson Cooper show replay starts in about 40 minutes guests include Fauci and Bill Gates .. worth a listen Gates seems to know what he is talking about