Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
I'm not liking big foot

The Grizzly Bear-Bigfoot Analogy

Nobody in the world would dispute the existence of Grizzly Bears—aka (North American) Brown Bears—but the majority of Homo Sapiens Sapiens believe that Bigfoot (Sasquatch) is a myth or folklore. (The Native Americans and The Wise know better.)

Comparing the Common Flu to the Novel Coronavirus is like comparing a Grizzly Bear to Bigfoot in that we know everything about one because we have seen and experienced and learned how to kill and control one and we know absolutely nothing about the other.

The Flu has been around and is indeed deadlier than ever, but we have Flu shots and Vaccines for it and Antibiotics. Doctors are familiar with the Flu and symptoms of the Flu and do the best they can in the 21st Century.

COVID-19 is new. There are no COVID-19 shots or Vaccines yet. Doctors don’t know what to do as they have never dealt with this and will have to wear protective gear. Only Doctors in Oregon really know what they have seen to trade information with other Doctors in the USA. The Tests are reportedly just starting to go out in the USA. So few have been tested.

The Flu is also less deadly than COVID-19, the biggest thing. And Death is everything.

Because we know what Grizzly Bears are, we know how to control them, need be. We have shotguns and shit. We have Grizzly Bears in Zoos. We have Grizzly Bears in Movies. Someone must have one as a Pet...

Because we don’t know what Bigfoot is, we have no idea how to control or catch or even kill them. They run like 40-50 mph. We have no Bigfoot in Zoos. Most think this cryptid (Gigantopithecus) is a myth. Bigfoot would choke a Grizzly Bear to death. Bigfoot is too smart to get shot or get caught. The Red-Haired Giants of Lovelock Cave (Nevada) set traps for and ate Humans.

“My Indian friends tell me they were cannibals, that they set traps. They dug holes in pathways where they walked, covered them and then Indians would fall in, and they said the best parts to eat were the thighs,” Munk said.

Bears aren’t as sinister as Bigfoot.
The Common Flu isn’t as sinister as COVID-19.

The Flu is the Grizzly Bear.
COVID-19 is Bigfoot.

We have experienced the Grizzly Bear (Flu) as a World and know how to control him and what to expect. We have even made him our friend in some cases.

We have never experienced Bigfoot (COVID-19) as a World until 2020 A.D. and do not know how to control him and/or what to expect.

The Flu is the Known and we have vaccine shots.
COVID-19 is the Unknown and we have no idea yet.

h

We know how to catch and kill Bears.
We can’t even acknowledge there is (a species) Bigfoot, so we may have big problems on the horizon.

COVID-19 is deadlier than the Flu.
It lies dormant, sinisterly invisible.

View attachment 7460242

Don’t put yourself in a position to contract it until we know more and beware of snot microdots. My lord is that Doctor Yasmin hot.

A Bigfoot is smarter and more invisible than a Grizzly Bear.

We will all properly judge COVID-19 a year from now on March 9, 2021.

MrTop

EOG Master
Abbott Launches 5-Minute Covid-19 Test for Use Almost Anywhere

Abbott Laboratories is unveiling a coronavirus test that can tell if someone is infected in as little as 5 minutes, and is so small and portable it can be used in almost any health-care setting.

The medical-device maker plans to supply 50,000 tests a day starting April 1, said John Frels, vice president of research and development at Abbott Diagnostics. The molecular test looks for fragments of the coronavirus genome, which can be detected in as little as five minutes when it’s present at high levels. A thorough search to definitively rule out an infection can take up to 13 minutes, he said.

pro analyser

EOG Dedicated
from 5 dimes: season starts on time or not -120 either way nfl. NBA starts before or on july 3 -160, after+120. NHL -295 after july1,on or before+215. Masters after sept30 -230,on or before +170. (summary we are screwed)

I'm not 100% sure of the dates but it looks like

Italy - First case 1/29 and lock down 3/9.
US- First case 1/21 and travel ban 1/31.
Spain - First case 1/30 and lock down early March.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I believe those lines from 5dimes are still close to accurate. NBA can still play behind closed doors as well as soccer. All these leagues have the money and resources to make sure their players and staff are clean, remember that.

kane

EOG master
He should stop talking, the other people behind him have actual facts to say, I dont want to hear trump babble for an hour. He needs to get off the fucking stage.

Every so often we get the rational sensible Merlin, wish this version would make some more appearances

mr merlin

EOG Master
Every so often we get the rational sensible Merlin, wish this version would make some more appearances
Yesterday was pathetic, he gave his opening spiel and then said he'd take a "few" questions, he talked for an hour and said nothing, they badgered him 4-5 times with the same dumb questions about the ventilators and he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

All people want to know is what are you doing, why are you doing it, where do we sit right now, and what's the future hold.

Yesterday was pathetic, he gave his opening spiel and then said he'd take a "few" questions, he talked for an hour and said nothing, they badgered him 4-5 times with the same dumb questions about the ventilators and he couldn't keep his mouth shut.

All people want to know is what are you doing, why are you doing it, where do we sit right now, and what's the future hold.

Trumps egomaniacal nature doesn't allow him to realize this pandemic is bigger than his own personal situation. He should be using his power to lead during this crisis but he has put his re election ahead of the country and the people he's supposed to be serving. I believe he fears losing the election more than losing thousands to death from the virus.

Last edited:

mr merlin

EOG Master
Plus it's disrespectful to those behind him, faucii is old, he's almost 80, you cant make the guy stand there for an hr when he himself only has 3 min of material.

TonyMar

EOG Dedicated
I'm not 100% sure of the dates but it looks like

Italy - First case 1/29 and lock down 3/9.
US- First case 1/21 and travel ban 1/31.
Spain - First case 1/30 and lock down early March.

thanks for posting the various sets of data...
& updating the numbers.

boston massacre

EOG Master

Remember, most of those Media People are Anti-Trump Fake News Reporters.

Trump Pointed a couple of Them out at the Press Briefing. Right to their Faces.

Told one of them, that " You report Fake News " pointed over to his Left and said " She Does "

Said this right to their Faces.

The Reporters did not dispute it, nor did they speak up, and Disagree with Him.

Another Fake News Reporter was called a WISE GUY by Trump at yesterday's Briefing.

Trump will call you out, Face to Face, when you act Like a Punk.

No Third Party Bullshit, No He said She Said.

Face to Face, One on One, on National T.V.

You Report Fake News-----------She Does------------Don't be a Wise Guy.

All 3 Clamed up, and had No Defense when confronted.

They'll all go back to Hiding behind their Computers and Report more Fake News.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Fukin depressing

gonna drown myself in horse racing the rest of the day

Deaths in USA

March 6- 3 deaths
March 13- 7 deaths
March 20 -49 deaths
March 27- 401 deaths

kane

EOG master
People in Michigan will die needlessly due to Trump not liking Governor Whitmer, how sad. BTW, I'm sure this won't hurt him come November, I mean it's not like Michigan is a swing state or anything

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
People in Michigan will die needlessly due to Trump not liking Governor Whitmer, how sad. BTW, I'm sure this won't hurt him come November, I mean it's not like Michigan is a swing state or anything
My facebook is a shitstorm of fighting about it. I actually somewhat stook up for Whitmer (imagine that?). The timing of fighting over petty stuff couldn't be worse for Trump.

kane

EOG master
My facebook is a shitstorm of fighting about it. I actually somewhat stook up for Whitmer (imagine that?). The timing of fighting over petty stuff couldn't be worse for Trump.

FW, you're one of the few sane members of the right, so I know you'll give your honest opinion, what do you think of Governor Whitmer overall, and if things get bad in Michigan, how much if any of this do you think will hurt Trump at the polls

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
In the general election, Republican nominee Donald Trump unexpectedly won Michigan by a narrow margin of 0.23%, with 47.50% of the total votes over the 47.27% of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. This is the narrowest margin of victory in Michigan's presidential election history. All of Michigan's 16 Electoral College votes were thus assigned to Trump, significantly contributing to his national electoral victory.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
FW, you're one of the few sane members of the right, so I know you'll give your honest opinion, what do you think of Governor Whitmer overall, and if things get bad in Michigan, how much if any of this do you think will hurt Trump at the polls

If I didn't have a Bushay Box, I wouldn't have a Michigan news channel. Most everything the Michigan goverment does is geared to Lansing and east. Everything we do here on Lake Michigan is geared to Chicago.

About Whitmer - There has been a lot of back and forth about her wanting to be Biden's running mate, which Trump obviously hates. She is from Grand Rapids, 2nd biggest city in Mich), very white, very conservative. If she ran, it would be much harder for Trump to win Michigan and he knows that. Knowing that, why would he tell Pence not to help her in a federal emergency in a key swing state? The east side of the state is really blowing up with this virus and Trump is bragging about her not playing ball with him. last I checked, we all pay federal taxes here and he shouldn't pick one state over another because of pettiness. Judging by my FB, its 50/50 on that opinion. What do I know?

I think it will have a adverse effect on him winning Michigan.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Cuomo will allow needless suffering and
death because he now thinks a total New York quarantine is not necessary. You see, the leftorats whinw, double talk and really do not care about people.

Trump won Michigan because like so many other states judging by this year’s primary results people disliked Hillary more than was realized four years ago

kane

EOG master
If I didn't have a Bushay Box, I wouldn't have a Michigan news channel. Most everything the Michigan goverment does is geared to Lansing and east. Everything we do here on Lake Michigan is geared to Chicago.

About Whitmer - There has been a lot of back and forth about her wanting to be Biden's running mate, which Trump obviously hates. She is from Grand Rapids, 2nd biggest city in Mich), very white, very conservative. If she ran, it would be much harder for Trump to win Michigan and he knows that. Knowing that, why would he tell Pence not to help her in a federal emergency in a key swing state? The east side of the state is really blowing up with this virus and Trump is bragging about her not playing ball with him. last I checked, we all pay federal taxes here and he shouldn't pick one state over another because of pettiness. Judging by my FB, its 50/50 on that opinion. What do I know?

I think it will have a adverse effect on him winning Michigan.

Because he has the mental makeup of a 12 year old child, he likes it when people praise him and tell him what a great job he's doing, anytime anyone, including a politician, doesn't bow down to him, he lashes out in the same way a child would. Trump also told Pence not to talk to Governor Inslee of Washington, who Trump repeatedly calls a snake, since Inslee has the audacity to criticize him, Trump doesn't want Pence helping him either. Trump doesn't even refer to her by name, he calles her "That woman in Michigan", he shows no respect for others, but demands it in return

kane

EOG master
Trump won Michigan because like so many other states judging by this year’s primary results people disliked Hillary more than was realized four years ago

Too lazy to look it up, but unless I'm mistaken Jill Stein could have cost Hillary the state, she lost in a very close vote and Stein got the votes Hillary needed

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Too lazy to look it up, but unless I'm mistaken Jill Stein could have cost Hillary the state, she lost in a very close vote and Stein got the votes Hillary needed
That is true. 90k+ also left the president blank in ‘16. That’s a lot in a tight race, suspect many of them were Bernie supporters. He did upset Hillary in Michigan in the ‘16 primary,

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
We just had an Infant death reported here in Chicago.

I think once that starts getting widely reported, the grocery stores will get pretty well depleted again the next two days, after starting to get stocked back up