Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

dogball

EOG Master
What I'm wondering is, how much time will people be willing to be locked down? There likely is a specific answer. And if we get beyond it, look for complete societal collapse. Widespread crime, looting and suicide. Virginia and Maryland are locking down until June 10 or 12. Good luck with that. Don't say you weren't warned.

I concur, I’ve been saying his for a few weeks, we are closer to a breakdown in structure then people realize. I still think it would take a lot for this scenario of civil unrest, chaos to unfold but there are hints of it.
What happens when masses can’t afford to eat, stores can’t stock shelves, medical care for those who aren’t sick is all ready impossible in ny, looting starts, landlords can’t pay there debt, homeowners can’t pay mortgages , renters can’t pay rent, run on banks not far off or am I twisted. Idk, I feel forever changed all ready and I don’t expect it to improve anytime soon.

boston massacre

EOG Master
heres a crazy idea listen to the US intel

U.S. intelligence agencies were issuing ominous, classified warnings in January and February about the global danger posed by the coronavirus while President Trump and lawmakers played down the threat and failed to take action that might have slowed the spread of the pathogen, according to U.S. officials familiar with spy agency reporting.
The intelligence reports didn’t predict when the virus might land on U.S. shores or recommend particular steps that public health officials should take, issues outside the purview of the intelligence agencies. But they did track the spread of the virus in China, and later in other countries, and warned that Chinese officials appeared to be minimizing the severity of the outbreak.

The intelligence reports didn’t predict when the virus might land on U.S. shores or recommend particular steps that public health officials should take, issues outside the purview of the intelligence agencies. But they did track the spread of the virus in China, and later in other countries, and warned that Chinese officials appeared to be minimizing the severity of the outbreak.

Why didn't they recommend or predict, if they claim Glory.

They're a TOUT with ALL WINNERS.

But They didn't SHIT.

And They didn't GET OFF THE POT.

What media is making those claims ?

If you want a JOB, where you can LIE all Day.

Be a Journalist.

Valuist

EOG Master
As long as it takes for me to once again feel comfortable getting back to normalcy

OK. A little vague, but the answer is going to be different for everyone.

For me? We can't wait as long as Fauci suggested (until there's NO more new cases). We do have to get over the peak but I believe we will start to see clear deceleration of new cases at that point. But we can't wait until zero new cases.

For me? We can't wait as long as Fauci suggested (until there's NO more new cases). We do have to get over the peak but I believe we will start to see clear deceleration of new cases at that point. But we can't wait until zero new cases.

A little vague? We don’t yet know what’s yet to come so responding otherwise would be foolish. I agree with the zero case scenario. We haven’t peaked yet so this question would be better asked after that happens

Last edited:

mr merlin

EOG Master
And Newsome getting out ahead of the virus by issuing social distancing and a state wide lockdown had nothing to do with it? California was one of the first states to do those things, can't be a coincidence
Of course it can be a coincidence, there are plenty of states that have done almost nothing that are in the same or better shape than CA.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Even if the NBA returns it's almost inevitable the remaining games are cut in half. Each team plays their final 10 games or so in front of 5 empty LV venues followed by the postseason. Over the last few days sources have weighed more towards cancellation altogether.

mr merlin

EOG Master

you;ll see that in may, by early june it'll be way, way down, by late june it'll almost be gone. At least that's the projections from your beloved experts.

cheapseats

EOG Master
Do you stop driving when fatalities breach the average. Do you hunker down when murders in your state breach the mean. Do you dive under your bed when deaths from all sources eclipse the mode. 19 is another possible source of your death, which we all know is inevitable. If you can't handle the heat, stay in your kitchen or move to North Dakota.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
Does anyone know the reason that China has stopped reporting cases and deaths? They have been at 81,000 cases for a while.

Could this be because China could have 1,000,000 cases and 50,000 deaths? Or some numbers that scare the shyt out of the rest of the world?

Does anyone know the reason that China has stopped reporting cases and deaths? They have been at 81,000 cases for a while.

Could this be because China could have 1,000,000 cases and 50,000 deaths? Or some numbers that scare the shyt out of the rest of the world?

You trust anything coming out of China?

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
why isn't the talk about how to improve your immune system during this.

I saw a report that had 3 people died who just happen to work at or were the same family.

the combined weight of the 3 was close to 900 pounds.

about as unhealthy as you could imagine.

pretty much anything could have taken these three out given how poor their immune systems were.

kane

EOG master
"The Trump administration's decision to let states chart their own responses to the coronavirus crisis rather than impose a national strategy will cost thousands of lives and is likely to result in an open ended outbreak rolling across the country, a dozen public health experts told NBC News."

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Be prepared to see many of your favorite stores limiting the number of customers in the store at one time nationwide. Walmart and Sams did it, Target and Costco start tomorrow.

kane

EOG master
Trump's decision to let the states handle it individually was a big mistake, one that has cost thousands of lives, and will continue to cost thousands more. The president has blood on his hands

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
my concern starts to go up if we see clinical evidence that this thing is jumping species again

if it's slippery like this

we might have some big problems come next fall/winter

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
I think it was already reported that it can jump between humans and pets.

But then people started to abandon their pets, so they took it back.

They are not always straight with us. LOL

Trump could call him and tell him to close the beaches, and the beaches would be closed, it's as simple as Trump making a phone call
Wrong. Trump was going to quarantine the whole state of New York. Cuomo and other governors complained saying it's unconstitutional.

Be prepared to see many of your favorite stores limiting the number of customers in the store at one time nationwide. Walmart and Sams did it, Target and Costco start tomorrow.

One of my biggest fears from this fallout will be if huge corporations either buy out the smaller businesses or put them out of business altogether..

Family owned businesses will probably become even more extinct.

Awful

Trump was warned in January by his own health secretary during an intelligence briefing to take the virus seriously, Trump ignored that advice and didn't take it serious until March
Stop fake news kane. Trump contacted Fauci. Fauci said it was little risk to the US on Jan. 21.

Trump set up the coronavirus task force in January and put the China travel ban on Jan. 31.

“This is not a major threat to the people of the United States and this is not something that the citizens of the United States should be worried about right now,” Dr. Fauci told Newsmax’s Greg Kelly on January 21