Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

its baffling me how cases are still increasing in NYC .

We have been shutdown for over 2 weeks now.

It would need to have come down by now, unless the virus "lays low" for longer than they say

Case counts are purely a function of how much testing they are doing. Also soon it will be better to stop worrying about total cases and just do a last 10 day count because once someone gets tested they almost always are symptomatic and at that point they probably won't be spreading the virus much beyond 10 days from a confirmed positive test unless they are seriously ill.

mr merlin

EOG Master
"The Trump administration's decision to let states chart their own responses to the coronavirus crisis rather than impose a national strategy will cost thousands of lives and is likely to result in an open ended outbreak rolling across the country, a dozen public health experts told NBC News."
Perhaps the biggest lie ever told during this pandemic...thousands of lives huh?

The total estimated deaths from covid in the states that have implemented no restricitons is 140 in WY, 169 in ND, 204 in SD, and 447 in NEB, and they are likely overstated greatly. The concept that laying people off in areas with no virus, in effect hiding from nothing, is ridiculous. There is no curve to bend because you cant improve on zero.

Valuist

EOG Master
It was funny how CBS New York was supposedly running footage of an overrun NYC hospital. It turns out they stole the video footage from Sky News in Italy.

This could be made by some of RB's cohorts. Nothing wrong with wanting claims verified.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
If they had 1m people it wht difference would it have made? What was Trump left with when elected? Obama was warned in 2009.

Trump's team was informed as well.

Just that he fired most of those people by the time their knowledge would have been needed.

All Trump's stupidity is slowly coming back to bite us in the ass.

Trump's team was informed as well.

Just that he fired most of those people by the time their knowledge would have been needed.

All Trump's stupidity is slowly coming back to bite us in the ass.
He got news on both sides. It's the same with everything. Some days guys say he should listen to Fauci and other days not listen to Fauci. Again, what difference would it have made?

The Powers of the President
According to Article II of the Constitution the President has the following powers:

• Serve as commander in chief of the armed forces
  • Commission officers of the armed forces
  • Grant reprieves and pardons for federal offenses (except impeachment)
  • Convene Congress in special sessions
  • Receive ambassadors
  • Take care that the laws be faithfully executed
  • Wield the "executive power"
  • Appoint Cabinet officials, White House staff and Supreme Court justices

Powers of the President That Are Shared with the Senate

• Make treaties
  • Appoint ambassadors, Cabinet members and Supreme Court justices

Powers of the President That are Shared with Congress as a Whole

• Approve legislation
Other sources of information:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Perhaps the biggest lie ever told during this pandemic...thousands of lives huh?

The total estimated deaths from covid in the states that have implemented no restricitons is 140 in WY, 169 in ND, 204 in SD, and 447 in NEB, and they are likely overstated greatly. The concept that laying people off in areas with no virus, in effect hiding from nothing, is ridiculous. There is no curve to bend because you cant improve on zero.
Those are also the states with no big cities and vast open areas.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Those are also the states with no big cities and vast open areas.
Exactly, even here in MN, where we have a fair amount of cases, 31 out of 87 counties have zero cases, so we have towns of 10-15 -20K of people locked down, people out of work, for nothing, they're not mitigating anything, because there is nothing.

Thank god the governors of a few of the wide open states are still resisting that, it's pointless for hundreds of thousands of people to be thrown out of work for nothing, because the mitigation can only fail, when you're at zero cases, you can only go up.

I call 'em like I see 'em. You are an idiot.

You are a genius when it comes to numbers, I’m not going to dispute that. When it comes to your social IQ it appears you are lacking. That is very common with people who excell in math-science-engineering etc.....

You like to call others (you’ve practically made a second career of it) out but seem emotionally unable to handle being questioned yourself and devolve to unprovoked name calling.

I will be the first to admit I’m far from the smartest guy there is but I’m sharp enough to identify people who suffer from “smartest guy in the room” syndrome.

Socrates was once told he was the wisest man in the world. Socrates was aghast and responded “that’s ridiculous-I know nothing”. The person then responded “that response is what makes you the wisest man in the world”

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Once their unemployment checks + 600 per week bucks starts hitting their bank account, they may not wanna go back to work till August.

LOL

ComptrBob

EOG Master
You are a genius when it comes to numbers, I’m not going to dispute that. When it comes to your social IQ it appears you are lacking. That is very common with people who excell in math-science-engineering etc.....

You like to call others (you’ve practically made a second career of it) out but seem emotionally unable to handle being questioned yourself and devolve to unprovoked name calling.

I will be the first to admit I’m far from the smartest guy there is but I’m sharp enough to identify people who suffer from “smartest guy in the room” syndrome.

Socrates was once told he was the wisest man in the world. Socrates was aghast and responded “that’s ridiculous-I know nothing”. The person then responded “that response is what makes you the wisest man in the world”

In the word(s) of a great philosopher, cool.

kane

EOG master

Why don't you click the link and read the article for yourself. You'll understand if I take the word of the dozen experts cited in the article over yours I hope

ComptrBob

EOG Master
Right on the money CB.

It was obviously a rhetorical question.

Kane meant "population" instead of "size". He posted it merely to shut down debate. I gave a quizzical, "textbook" answer to a stupid, rhetorical question.

EJD rightly focused on population density stats. Lets not blow this into an international incident.