Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

You are a genius when it comes to numbers, I’m not going to dispute that. When it comes to your social IQ it appears you are lacking. That is very common with people who excell in math-science-engineering etc.....

You like to call others (you’ve practically made a second career of it) out but seem emotionally unable to handle being questioned yourself and devolve to unprovoked name calling.

I will be the first to admit I’m far from the smartest guy there is but I’m sharp enough to identify people who suffer from “smartest guy in the room” syndrome.

Socrates was once told he was the wisest man in the world. Socrates was aghast and responded “that’s ridiculous-I know nothing”. The person then responded “that response is what makes you the wisest man in the world”
CB's social skills are just fine. He posted at multiple forums for a long time and I can't remember any comments other than praise.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Trump said to an A .P. Reporter at the Presser.

You should be THANKING The People doing a Great Job getting the Supplies for this country.

Instead of asking a WISE GUY Question.

Keep calling out these FAKE NEWS PUNK REPORTERS, TRUMP.

Bushay

NHL Expert
Post a link to that whole conversation will you please. Willing to bet with that short quote it was taken out of context.

You don't mind, do you? Thanks

Looks like ol Bob just got his ass handed to him. We don't see that very often around here. Nice job Heisy.

Naw-It's just a conversation/debate with no objective "winners" or "losers". We are in unchartered times at the moment with tensions at Defcon 4. I've been guilty of allowing my emotions get the best of me at times lately as well.

Last edited:

boston massacre

EOG Master
Post a link to that whole conversation will you please. Willing to bet with that short quote it was taken out of context.

You don't mind, do you? Thanks

Taking out of context, this Guy writes.

He's a FAKE NEWS FAN.

Every word Trump Speaks is taken out of context by LIBERAL SNOWFLAKES, LIKE THIS.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
All of the weekly home renters here were told to go back to chicago, didn't want the party atmosphere, nor the spread of the virus from the city.

whoa, did it work?

in Dec we rented an Air Bnb with 4 other couples right across from entrance to Warren Dunes state park, for some winter hiking and friends-mas celebrations. There were tons of air bnb's up there to choose from. Are local governments putting pressue on people to shut down air bnb's?

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
going to be watching numbers closer today and tomorrow for first time in a few days.

reason is, I saw we went down a bit in total deaths. I noticed this about a week ago too. I got a bit of optimism at deaths going down, after seeming to sort of start a plateu. but then they suddennly jump up.

March 19- 56
March 20- 49
March 21- 46
March 22- 113
March 24 -225

March 28-- 525
March 29 363
March 30 558
March 31 912

April 4 - 1330
April 5 - 1165
April 6- ???
April 7-????

let's hope we don't see a big sharp increase in the next 2-3 days.

I"m hoping is that maybe its a weekend reporting/accounting process? do some States, counties, cities maybe not certify deaths on some weekend days? I know I read about a convoluted process in Idaho where they sometimes don't report the deaths until 3-4 days later and just group them all together on one day.

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
whoa, did it work?

in Dec we rented an Air Bnb with 4 other couples right across from entrance to Warren Dunes state park, for some winter hiking and friends-mas celebrations. There were tons of air bnb's up there to choose from. Are local governments putting pressue on people to shut down air bnb's?

personally I don’t see a problem if it’s under 10.

Here is the letter Archie :

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
do some States, counties, cities maybe not certify deaths on some weekend days? I know I read about a convoluted process in Idaho where they sometimes don't report the deaths until 3-4 days later and just group them all together on one day.

Probably, cause the numbers went down across the board.
New cases were increasing by 10% + everywhere, everyday, but yesterday the number of new cases was below 10% pretty much across the board

And the last time there was a dip in deaths, was last Sunday

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
personally I don’t see a problem if it’s under 10.

Here is the letter Archie :

very interesting

we stopped bookings for our local Air bnb property in Jan to just take a break for a month or two. But we decided to not open up dates indefinately till things get back to normal

we had 7 bookings for March and April already back in 2019. all but one of those has canceled.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
I think Yesterday or the day before some of the TV news stations reported Chicago deaths by race. It set the the local social media streams a fire. I really think, black people believed they couldn't get this.

here are the numbers I see screen shotted. I'm not sure when they are from.

Chicago Deaths

113 Black
19 White
14 Hispanic
6 Asian

looking at comments, most seem to make the obvious connections of very poor health(astronomical diabetes and high blood pressure, obesity numbers), poor health care, Multi generations living together in cramped quarters, more public transportation
more Jobs in restaurants and grocery stores ect.

quite a few are making the argument that lack of belief in the hoax and refusal to adhere to social distancing recommendations are also big factors. I believe it

of course you also get your race baiters and conspiracy nuts.

I'll tell you what though, this is going to possibly accelerate the gentrification processes that we see in many neighborhoods already. Gonna be a lot of houses owned by grannies and
great grannies that don't make it, go up for tax auction in the next few years

mr merlin

EOG Master
I think Yesterday or the day before some of the TV news stations reported Chicago deaths by race. It set the the local social media streams a fire. I really think, black people believed they couldn't get this.

here are the numbers I see screen shotted. I'm not sure when they are from.

Chicago Deaths

113 Black
19 White
14 Hispanic
6 Asian

looking at comments, most seem to make the obvious connections of very poor health(astronomical diabetes and high blood pressure, obesity numbers), poor health care, Multi generations living together in cramped quarters, more public transportation
more Jobs in restaurants and grocery stores ect.

quite a few are making the argument that lack of belief in the hoax and refusal to adhere to social distancing recommendations are also big factors. I believe it

of course you also get your race baiters and conspiracy nuts.

I'll tell you what though, this is going to possibly accelerate the gentrification processes that we see in many neighborhoods already. Gonna be a lot of houses owned by grannies and
great grannies that don't make it, go up for tax auction in the next few years
Blacks in chicago are all out on the street sharing drags on various substances and swigs of hooch, their infection rates are no surprise.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Consecutive days so far where the fatality rate is declining in NY. Give us another one tomorrow, that's called a winning streak.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Brand new projections out nationwide - big drops in expected deaths and duration - they predict the pandemic will be essentially over by mid june - zero deaths, near zero hospitaliztions.

if true it's all over, back to normal sooner rather than later folks.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
Brand new projections out nationwide - big drops in expected deaths and duration - they predict the pandemic will be essentially over by mid june - zero deaths, near zero hospitaliztions.

if true it's all over, back to normal sooner rather than later folks.

I'm holding out hope for Memorial day seeming halfway normal up north here, away from big cities

however, i'm not sure how things will look in the Dirty South when this thing peaks there. Hopefully they are preparing but i'm not too optimistic.

mr merlin

EOG Master
I'm holding out hope for Memorial day seeming halfway normal up north here, away from big cities

however, i'm not sure how things will look in the Dirty South when this thing peaks there. Hopefully they are preparing but i'm not too optimistic.
If these projections are true, we will now have a situation where the dumbass politicians will not accept them - hjow dare you say it wont be that bad, how dare you say we dont need to do most of this stuff.

mr merlin

EOG Master
New projections showing NY will need less than 6000 ventilators total - it was 40K, they said earlier they would need 110,000 beds, it's now 25K. And the estimates are prob still too high.

jimmythegreek

The opening odds start here
Go to the new projections, it's over, vastly reduced deaths and hospital needs in almost every state.

best news we could get.
On the overall I agree. However there are still other states enduring higher deaths on the day, and that includes NY with 5 more than yesterday's total. Hopefully they will be on the down slope of the Apex. Fauci way off the predictions when all is said and done.

People mostly avoiding each other and being locked down pretty much worldwide has to have an impact or else why are we doing it? The case numbers mean little, they are dependent wholly upon how many tests are given. Remember in NYC two weeks ago they wouldn't even test people unless they were sick enough to be admitted into hospitals.

Smarter people than us have figured out better ways to estimate real case numbers in society as a whole based on working backward from hospitalizations and deaths.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Cuomo also basically admitted the hydrozychloroquine is working, but he couldn't quite bring himself to do it outright. Drug treatment working,, pandemic projections collapsing, this is great.

NY went from over 1000 admissions to 335 in 2 days, their ICU usage is way down. In a week or two they will need no extra help from army hospitals/ships.