Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Seems that
Maybe you can call up Spain's 688 dead yesterday and say "no problem", just look at Sweden with 54 is much worse because they have more land with nobody on it.

Hey genius, ever heard of Stockholm?

Of course, certain countries have much more empty space than others, but exactly how does having more empty spaces have any thing to do with the spread of the virus? Now if every one was spread out evenly this might be a factor, but virtually every developed country is heavily urbanized.

Exactly how does a locked down dense country have the virus spread, from door to door?

fukk Stockholm, its a throw out.

lulz

billysink

EOG Dedicated
I am not an expert on contagions, in fact I know nothing about them. Nor do I have any real understanding of Covid.

I do however note that the virus seems to be more prevalent in densely populated countries in close proximity to a major outbreak with heavy international travel and shared borders.

That is why I grouped Scandinavia together.

Of course Sweden is the only Scandinavian country with a large urban center, Stockholm, there are no big cities in Norway, Finland Or Denmark.

Apologies to Oslo, Copenhagen and Helsinki, I had to "throw you out". I don't like cities from turf to dirt, moving up in class, starting wide.

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Maybe you can call up Spain's 688 dead yesterday and say "no problem", just look at Sweden with 54 is much worse because they have more land with nobody on it.

Hey genius, ever heard of Stockholm?

Of course, certain countries have much more empty space than others, but exactly how does having more empty spaces have any thing to do with the spread of the virus? Now if every one was spread out evenly this might be a factor, but virtually every developed country is heavily urbanized.

Exactly how does a locked down dense country have the virus spread, from door to door?

"but exactly how does having more empty spaces have any thing to do with the spread of the virus?"

OK you wanna start flinging feces???

Have you been under a rock all this time???
Main way for it to spread is human to human contact.

I would imagine it would be harder for me to give it to you if you are like 50 miles away from me as opposed to 2 feet

Bigrunner

EOG Master
No, the curve even without NY is going down slowly. Which is ok, since NY had a 3-4 week head start on most of the country.

The curve is going straight up idiot, even with many Republicon Governor's fudging the numbers. Fl, Ga, Iowa, Neb, Arizona to name a few.

97,000 dead in less than 4 months. Will be 100,000 dead by Memorial day. Mike Pence announced multiple times on national TV that the virus will be behind us by Memorial day. 😂

The one time a country needs a competent government is during a crisis. Sadly America has the most incompetent government its ever had. And the results speak for themselves.
100,000 dead in less than 4 months.

ComptrBob

EOG Master
"but exactly how does having more empty spaces have any thing to do with the spread of the virus?"

OK you wanna start flinging feces???

Have you been under a rock all this time???
Main way for it to spread is human to human contact.

I would imagine it would be harder for me to give it to you if you are like 50 miles away from me as opposed to 2 feet

Ever heard of cities? Empty space means no one lives there.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
Pete the virus can be teleported.

Somewhere between speed of sound and light.

Only in Scandinavian countries or major urban centers that start with "S".

Hope this helps.

mr merlin

EOG Master
The curve is going straight up idiot, even with many Republicon Governor's fudging the numbers. Fl, Ga, Iowa, Neb, Arizona to name a few.

97,000 dead in less than 4 months. Will be 100,000 dead by Memorial day. Mike Pence announced multiple times on national TV that the virus will be behind us by Memorial day. 😂

The one time a country needs a competent government is during a crisis. Sadly America has the most incompetent government its ever had. And the results speak for themselves.
100,000 dead in less than 4 months.
heres one from a week ago, the downward trend is even more now. The left is NY, the right without NY, Keep in mind both charts are somewhat misleading because testing had doubled and even tripled fro a month ago - the virus is fading almost everywhere.

Ever heard of anyone ever doing time for placing bets with a bookie?

Booking bets? Yes. Placing them? Never heard of a guy betting $110 a game with a local bookie ever being arrested and convicted of that.

Ever heard of anyone ever doing time for placing bets with a bookie?

Booking bets? Yes. Placing them? Never heard of a guy betting $110 a game with a local bookie ever being arrested and convicted of that.

You must've forgotten about Arpaios bookie/gambler raid from about 13 years ago.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
heres one from a week ago, the downward trend is even more now. The left is NY, the right without NY, Keep in mind both charts are somewhat misleading because testing had doubled and even tripled fro a month ago - the virus is fading almost everywhere.

So what? The reality is that tens of thousands have yet to die.

And become statistics.

Unemployment, GDP. productivity going up as fast as they went down?

SlipperyPete

EOG Dedicated
Ever heard of cities? Empty space means no one lives there.

If you compare Sweden to any country comparable, they always come up waaayyy short in terms human lives saved.

Say, compare it to Hungary. Both have 10 million people and in both cases the capital city is the biggest population center by far.

Stockholm has about 1 million people, Budapest about 2 million.

One country didnt close down, the other did

Hungary 3678 cases with 476 fatalities

Sweden 32809 cases with 3925 fatalities

(oh and btw Hungary's population density is 4 times that of Sweden (in km2))

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
Oh Billy, you're so fun.

Thanks for your marvelous statistics, you're truly a libtard's libtard!
Libtard? Deranged trump syndrome?
Wow. Didnt expect this from you Bob. I've always held you in the highest regard.

I was devastated when Trump won honestly but I was hopeful and willing to give him a chance. You never saw me bashing him even though I knew his agenda was to make money for himself and friends. His appointments of his cabinet told everyone that.

I even read some of his book art of the deal at the library one day. He runs the country exactly like a real estate tycoon. He offers you 3m for a property listed at 6m and then buys it at 4.8. That doesnt work in a pandemic and it sucks Bob. You cant say zero deaths and it will go away on March 12th when you know its impossible to be true.

Cant promise testing sites that don't exist on March 14th along with a google website that even Google isnt aware exists. Remember the CVS CEO and 3 other executives giving victory speeches that same day in the rose garden? Every fearful american watching.. me too. This was a blip, some other countries problem not the best in the world.

We didn't know then we had no pandemic team, we thought this was h1n1 11k people die, nothing stops because he told us so. He said basically no big deal we have it under control and we have the best physicians in the world. We didn't, we don't and our pandemic team in 80. Eight-zero estimated while we give out trillions, none of it creating a cure, 2% to humans, 500 billion to GOP controlled slush funds.

We aren't 90 days in and we were promised zero deaths and we are gonna hit 100k deaths by memorial day and saving lives of Americans is a partisan issue for this guy. People say Democrats are hoping more people die. The president makes comments like blue states will just have to wait for ventilators because there governor has very nasty things to say about me. What in tyranny fuck is that?!

If being called a libtard but praying every night that people like Boston massacre, raiders live through this regardless of how the president feels about my health and loved ones because I vote blue and live
In said blue state so be it. I find the term retard repulsive so let's go with democrazy or something else please.

Oh mr Merlin stick to forums of 20. Youd be banned on twitter for stating the false shit that you do. No it's not over and no we have not won by any stretch of the imagination. Go take a lapc around your nearest city hospital and report back with the victory you claim.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
If you compare Sweden to any country comparable, they always come up waaayyy short in terms human lives saved.

Say, compare it to Hungary. Both have 10 million people and in both cases the capital city is the biggest population center by far.

Stockholm has about 1 million people, Budapest about 2 million.

One country didnt close down, the other did

Hungary 3678 cases with 476 fatalities

Sweden 32809 cases with 3925 fatalities

The most telling metric is.

Sweden 4001
Denmark 561
Norway 237
Finland 306

All the same geographical area, climate, low density pop, common borders.

If is not the most level playing field presented here , no what about this that or gelatin to hold it all together.

No yabbut is gonna bridge that gap'.

Two different strategies. A lot of unnecessary heartbreak and pain.

Scandinavia - W
Sweden -L

Sol Diablo

House of Heat
I was devastated when Trump won.

I can't imagine ever being devastated over the results of a presidential election. A little disappointed? Sure. Devastated? Uh.... Not even close.

But then again I can't imagine ever posting all day about a president. Posting the same argument over and over. Same thing every day. For months. And in some cases, for years.

I can't imagine that either. But we have a few examples right here at EOG.

You’ve been been making this false claim for far too long

It bothers me and millions of others that there have been far too many unnecessary deaths
How are the deaths unnecessary? 30% are in the nursing homes and 60% are from people staying at home other than going out for essentials.

Drnkyourmlkshk

EOG Dedicated
I can't imagine ever being devastated over the results of a presidential election. A little disappointed? Sure. Devastated? Uh.... Not even close.

But then again I can't imagine ever posting all day about a president. Posting the same argument over and over. Same thing every day. For months. And in some cases, for years.

I can't imagine that either. But we have a few examples right here at EOG.
Pre existing condition and was protected by AHCA knew I was doomed. So yeah 225/1870 a month was difference in cost.
That would make most feel pretty defeated at minimum.
If you want to avoid political debates my Twitter every friday has college football debates. 20 or 30 people chime in every week.

kane

EOG master
How are the deaths unnecessary? 30% are in the nursing homes and 60% are from people staying at home other than going out for essentials.

Trump ignoring the virus at the beginning cost unnecessary deaths. While he was out golfing, Americans were dying, when he was holding rallies, Americans were dying, when he was calling it the Democrats new hoax, people were dying. You can make up whatever revisionist history you want, you can believe whatever Hannity tells you to believe, nothing can or will change the fact that Trumps slow response to Covid cost American lives

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The most telling metric is.

Sweden 4001
Denmark 561
Norway 237
Finland 306

All the same geographical area, climate, low density pop, common borders.

If is not the most level playing field presented here , no what about this that or gelatin to hold it all together.

No yabbut is gonna bridge that gap'.

Two different strategies. A lot of unnecessary heartbreak and pain.

Scandinavia - W
Sweden -L
If there is a second round and Sweden isn’t affected, they won.

kane

EOG master
Pre existing condition and was protected by AHCA knew I was doomed. So yeah 225/1870 a month was difference in cost.
That would make most feel pretty defeated at minimum.
If you want to avoid political debates my Twitter every friday has college football debates. 20 or 30 people chime in every week.

Drink, what college football team do you think was the GOAT? I'll give you my opinion, and I'll also admit I'm biased, but the 2001 Hurricanes were special, 17 first round picks, Frank Gore is a HOFer and he was the third string RB on that team, Herbstreit also picks that Miami team as the GOAT

kane

EOG master
If someone goes to church and spreads it, the fake news is all over it. They don't tell you about the ones spreading it in Walmart.

For many people Walmart is essential, that's where people do their grocery shopping, they need a place like Walmart to stay open, a church isn't essential. You really can't see the difference between a place like Walmart and a church?

mr merlin

EOG Master
Trump ignoring the virus at the beginning cost unnecessary deaths. While he was out golfing, Americans were dying, when he was holding rallies, Americans were dying, when he was calling it the Democrats new hoax, people were dying. You can make up whatever revisionist history you want, you can believe whatever Hannity tells you to believe, nothing can or will change the fact that Trumps slow response to Covid cost American lives
The dakotas, wy, iowa, AK, etc, "ignored it", did they have unnecessary deaths ? Of course not, the narrative that shutdowns matter is and has been discredited.

it's truly amazing that the main stream medias criticisms of Trump are never correct, but they are. You would think the law of averages would occasionally work in their favor.

kane

EOG master
And if I were in trouble, that’s on me.

I think Heisey's point was, if you're caught placing bets with a local, is that something that's jail worthy? There are people in jail for minor drug offenses who shouldn't be there, but there's big money to be made by filling up those cells

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Nonsense. I realize you don't like the data, it doesn't fit the liberal narrative. Liberals pray for more deaths in Sweden and South Dakota.

Separating out the top states shows just shows how they skew the US total. Really simple to grasp.
So ridiculous. The ones consistently praying for more death are the Cultists in forumville. Be better, like you usually are.

Valuist

EOG Master
Just because Sweden is geographically near Norway, Denmark and Finland, are those comparables?

No, because Sweden is nearly double the population of each of those countries:

Sweden 10.1 million
Denmark 5.8 million
Finland 5.5 million
Norway 5.4 million

Belgium, at 11.6 million is a closer comp, and they've had more than double (9237 to 3992) the deaths of Sweden, all while locking down while Sweden didnt.

kane

EOG master
The dakotas, wy, iowa, AK, etc, "ignored it", did they have unnecessary deaths ? Of course not, the narrative that shutdowns matter is and has been discredited.

it's truly amazing that the main stream medias criticisms of Trump are never correct, but they are. You would think the law of averages would occasionally work in their favor.

What about people in other states who dies due to Trump's slow response? Had Trump taken Covid more seriously at the start, the stay at home, the social distancing, the mask wearing all would have started sooner, and that would have saved lives. Americans were dying while Trump busy golfing and downplaying the whole thing

TheGuesser

EOG Dedicated
Of course, I didn't say all liberals, probably I should have said most of the Trump Deranged Syndrome folks that I encounter here and on Twitter. Of course, they always seem to deny it.

And isn't it odd that none of the Trump haters here seems to respond positively to my post about Sweden producing a 9 day run of declining 7 day average deaths? Not out of the woods but better than more death instead of less.
You're a numbers guy. Compare the liberals wishing death in forumville (zero) to the Cultists who openly and proudly root for the death of people who disagree with the Idiot. The resulyt will blow your lie out of the water.