Your Level of Concern About the Coronavirus......on a scale of 1-10

mr merlin

EOG Master
March was a wasted month. Now its July. And we're witnessing Act II. People can't get tested. Shortages of medical supplies and PPE. The Federal government is doing nothing.
600,000 tests a day isn't enough for you huh? I agree that all testing should stop, deal with people when they show up at the hospital, the rest is theater.

Chi_Archie

EOG Veteran
687 deaths today a bit more than last weeks 653 - largely due to Mass adding in an extra 39 from the past, oh well, we'll see if it's the start of a trend.

Good news is that Jersey defeated Covid!

And NY, CT, NJ combined are down 65% on deaths from one week ago today!

There is light at end of tunnel for states that are struggling with increases now.

Check back in October and there should be good news in those states too!

mr merlin

EOG Master

There is light at end of tunnel for states that are struggling with increases now.

Those states prob wont go nearly as high on deaths, they should drop rapidly too once cases peak - which could come quickly. I would guess they'll peak in a couple weeks or less, by aug 1 they should be winding down.

blueline

EOG Master
the bunkerboy failure continues

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/m...n-not-sustainable-house-memo-says/ar-BB16gfM9

Medical companies warn PPE, critical equipment situation 'not sustainable,' House memo says

The memo says several companies told the committee that the Trump Administration “spent many weeks pressing them to buy PPE directly from one particular Chinese company” — BYD, a Chinese electric car and battery manufacturer heavily subsidized by the Chinese government — but that they declined because the administration was asking them to “purchase at a price that was fairly high.”

The White House has for months resisted calls from the nation’s top medical associations and providers to coordinate the purchase and distribution of supplies including protective gear and ventilators. The head of the American Medical Association and others called on Trump to invoke the Defense Production Act to coordinate supply and demand, including prioritizing hot spots and safeguarding against price gouging.

mr merlin

EOG Master
At first I thought it had to be an Onion headline, this is beyond comprehension to me, people trying to get the virus, WTF?
Apparently their goal is not just to have fun, but to get the virus and antibodies and be done with it. It's not at all risky as youthful hyjinks goes, far less risky than getting smashed on drinking or drugs(driving.overdosing, etc).

Bigrunner

EOG Master
A record 56,000 plus new cases today. Clearly one party has prioritized ignorance over public health.

Tomorrow Trump and the RepubliCon Gov of S.D. will be holding an illegal pre 4th of July celebration at Mt. Rushmore. The ignorant President and Gov. are promoting there will be no social distancing at the event and face coverings are optional. The Chief of the Sioux Tribe that owns the land has asked Trump to not hold the event. Claims it would be criminal trespassing.

https://www.democracynow.org/2020/7/2/nick_tilsen_mount_rushmore_trump

mr merlin

EOG Master
A record 56,000 plus new cases today. Clearly one party has prioritized ignorance over public health.

Tomorrow Trump and the RepubliCon Gov of S.D. will be holding an illegal pre 4th of July celebration at Mt. Rushmore. The ignorant President and Gov. are promoting there will be no social distancing at the event and face coverings are optional. The Chief of the Sioux Tribe that owns the land has asked Trump to not hold the event. Claims it would be criminal trespassing.

https://www.democracynow.org/2020/7/2/nick_tilsen_mount_rushmore_trump
The good news is all trump needs to do is slip that Chief a bottle and he'll wander away and forget what his issue is.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Why are you worried about a few cases of a disease with a fatality rate of a little more than the flu? Disease is part of life, embrace it.

You are a rank sucker buddy. You are so far behind the curve that I only hope you are betting into para mutual pools so I can just say thank you

Tell me what the infection-fatality rate is? You don't even know what that means

And you really think 131k dead Americans in 4 months is something to be embraced

Dude nobody since William Lee annoys me more than you.

billysink

EOG Dedicated
You are a rank sucker buddy. You are so far behind the curve that I only hope you are betting into para mutual pools so I can just say thank you

Tell me what the infection-fatality rate is? You don't even know what that means

And you really think 131k dead Americans in 4 months is something to be embraced

This is the part I don't get.

135,000 people died. A million or more in mourning, heartbroken. 10's of millions sick or worried sick. Human toll that is immeasurable.

All because there was no plan and a leader who never saw fit to listen when warned in 2018.

And every single, lonely, friendless, childless loser, hermit in chitty could care less, the virus is nothing but an inconvenience, a political issue or troll bait. As long as they and their closest friend, usually their pet, are safe. Which is a given because no one gives a rat fukk, whether they exist or not.

Never have I seen sickness, senslessness and stupidity of this magnitude and the only reason it is remotely tolerable is because I live in a country that cares to take care of eachother in crisis.

Unbelievable.

mr merlin

EOG Master

Right now the estimates for the fatality rate is anywhere from .26 - .6%, most likely in the .3-.4% range. that's overall though and it effects the old and sick far worse than that. For anyone under 50 it's far lower and is less severe than the flu, which is about .1%.

Everyone who gets the flu gets sick, most younger people who get covid exhibit few if any symptoms.

This is the part I don't get.

135,000 people died. A million or more in mourning, heartbroken. 10's of millions sick or worried sick. Human toll that is immeasurable.

All because there was no plan and a leader who never saw fit to listen when warned in 2018.

And every single, lonely, friendless, childless loser, hermit in chitty could care less, the virus is nothing but an inconvenience, a political issue or troll bait. As long as they and their closest friend, usually their pet, are safe. Which is a given because no one gives a rat fukk, whether they exist or not.

Never have I seen sickness, senslessness and stupidity of this magnitude and the only reason it is remotely tolerable is because I live in a country that cares to take care of eachother in crisis.

Unbelievable.

Of the over 10K posts in this thread this might be the most prescient

You couldn’t have said it better Sinker(y)

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated

Jersey is doing great

Still can't eat inside a restaurant but outdoor dining set up all over.many places people just hanging out drinking outside anyway in "restaurant" area.

Youth sports baseball/softball officially open this week, tournaments are set up all over. USABL (the state "Little League" that sets up the tournaments) having trouble securing complexes though.many township and county facilities still don't want to deal with it, the liability, the extra cleaning, snack stand "issues" etc.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
Right now the estimates for the fatality rate is anywhere from .26 - .6%, most likely in the .3-.4% range. that's overall though and it effects the old and sick far worse than that. For anyone under 50 it's far lower and is less severe than the flu, which is about .1%.

Everyone who gets the flu gets sick, most younger people who get covid exhibit few if any symptoms.

Keep reading yesterday's newspaper

NYC death rate was 1.46...twice as high than originally thought.....look up recent Columbia University study released June 29

Covid is 50 to 100 times on average more lethal than the flu

Bushay

NHL Expert
“Slow the testing down I told them” , Donald J Trump

😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Numbers can’t go up if we don’t test!

what idiotic thing will he say or do today?

kane

EOG master
By the end of the year the death toll will hit 200,000. Sorry for getting political, but Trump fucked this thing up from the start, forgetting all his other missteps, had he just worn a mask and said all Americans should wear one, millions of his supporters would have followed his lead and the amount of deaths would have been greatly reduced, and had we all been wearing masks since the onset of Covid, right now things would be much more manageable, it's a proven fact wearing a mask and social distancing saves lives, but since only half the country wears them, we 're still in bad shape, and the virus will stay with us at least until the end of the year. All we had to do was lockdown the country for a little while longer than we did, and make mask wearing and social distancing mandatory for those areas deemed safe to open, instead we did things half assed, and here we are

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
By the end of the year the death toll will hit 200,000. Sorry for getting political, but Trump fucked this thing up from the start, forgetting all his other missteps, had he just worn a mask and said all Americans should wear one, millions of his supporters would have followed his lead and the amount of deaths would have been greatly reduced, and had we all been wearing masks since the onset of Covid, right now things would be much more manageable, it's a proven fact wearing a mask and social distancing saves lives, but since only half the country wears them, we 're still in bad shape, and the virus will stay with us at least until the end of the year. All we had to do was lockdown the country for a little while longer than we did, and make mask wearing and social distancing mandatory for those areas deemed safe to open, instead we did things half assed, and here we are
I don’t know how other countries handled locking down areas, but giving people no notice isn’t the way to do it.

blueline

EOG Master

they have the playbook on how to get out ahead of it and this is what happens with a lack of leadership

kane

EOG master
I don’t know how other countries handled locking down areas, but giving people no notice isn’t the way to do it.

Desperate times call for desperate measures. We should have stayed locked down for longer than we did, and when we reopened, mask wearing and social distancing should have been mandatory, in states like Florida, Arizona, and Texas, mask wearing was optional, and now those states are paying the price for the stupidity of their governors. Fuck the people whining about having to wear a mask, as if it's such a huge inconvenience. We're so soft as a nation we don't even know what hard times are, for those of you who still have parents, or especially grandparents alive, go ask them what hard times were when they were younger, some of the things they had to live through, some of the sacrifices they had to make, whether it was wars, recessions, whatever, we have it much easier than they did. But for so many Americans the sacrifice of just wearing a fucking mask is too much imposing on their freedoms, LMAO. Go ask your grandparents what real sacrifice is, then keep whining about a fucking mask. I think of our Veterans who sacrificed their lives, many of them leaving body parts in jungles and deserts across the globe, the sacrifices our relatives made to make this the great country it is, go tell a vet wearing a mask is something you don't want to do, it's too much of a sacrifice, see what his response is. Fucking amazes me that something as simple and easy as covering your face with a mask in pubic places is too much for some people. So, we'll be dealing with this motherfucker for God knows how long due to the stupidity of half the country.

Last edited:

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Desperate times call for desperate measures. We should have stayed locked down for longer than we did, and when we reopened, mask wearing and social distancing should have been mandatory, in states like Florida, Arizona, and Texas, mask wearing was optional, and now those states are paying the price for the stupidity of their governors. Fuck the people whining about having to wear a mask, as if it's such a huge inconvenience. We're so soft as a nation we don't even know what hard times are, for those of you who still have parents, or especially grandparents alive, go ask them what hard times were when they were younger, some of the things they had to live through, some of the sacrifices they had to make, whether it was wars, recessions, whatever, we have it much easier than they did. But for so many Americans the sacrifice of just wearing a fucking mask is too much imposing on their freedoms, LMAO. Go ask your grandparents what real sacrifice is, then keep whining about a fucking mask. I think of our Veterans who sacrificed their lives, many of them leaving body parts in jungles and deserts across the globe, the sacrifices our relatives made to make this the great country it is, go tell a vet wearing a mask is something you don't want to do, it's too much of a sacrifice, see what his response is. Fucking amazes me that something as simple and easy as covering your face with a mask in pubic places is too much for some people. So, we'll be dealing with this motherfucker for God knows how long due to the stupidity of half the country.
When michigan had the first press conference about closing the state, it’s done late in the day and we’re told to buy for two weeks. As suppliers, we’re totally caught off guard and everyone wipes out the stores. Now the bars buy their supplies for the busy holiday weekend and now have to close at the end of the day after spending the money.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Keep reading yesterday's newspaper

NYC death rate was 1.46...twice as high than originally thought.....look up recent Columbia University study released June 29

Covid is 50 to 100 times on average more lethal than the flu
I guess I cant refute nonsense with facts, right now the estimates are 20-25 million americans have had it, with 130K deaths - do the math, that would be .57% if you split the estimate and use 22.5 million as a figure. It's likely that's an understatement as well, so the real number is prob lower, more in the .3-.4% range.

You cant use NY numbers as a real esitmate because they had a lopsided proportion of elderly infected due to the fact they sent infected patients back to nursing homes to infect the others.

mr merlin

EOG Master
When michigan had the first press conference about closing the state, it’s done late in the day and we’re told to buy for two weeks. As suppliers, we’re totally caught off guard and everyone wipes out the stores. Now the bars buy their supplies for the busy holiday weekend and now have to close at the end of the day after spending the money.
What happened, did she shut you down again? if so why, did your data change?

mr merlin

EOG Master
Just doing the math of known deaths vs known cases(which we know are way understated), other than the NY/NJ/NE early hotspot, most states have death rates of between 1-2.5 %, so depending on what estimate you use for true cases numbers - perhaps 5-8 times the known positives, you get a death rate in the expected range - .3 - .5 %.

Ray Luca

EOG Master
I guess I cant refute nonsense with facts, right now the estimates are 20-25 million americans have had it, with 130K deaths - do the math, that would be .57% if you split the estimate and use 22.5 million as a figure. It's likely that's an understatement as well, so the real number is prob lower, more in the .3-.4% range.

You cant use NY numbers as a real esitmate because they had a lopsided proportion of elderly infected due to the fact they sent infected patients back to nursing homes to infect the others.

Scientists have a new metric....like gambling, you are using wrong numbers

And you will have a dozen NYC's in about 2 weeks. And in about 4 weeks lets see where your daily deaths trend.

MonkeyF0cker

EOG Dedicated

You can't even spell parimutuel.

Certainly glad you're in them.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I
What happened, did she shut you down again? if so why, did your data change?
she made drinking bars serve outside only (70%+ drinking sales). Most are not set up for that, so they closed. Most got their liquor orders Tuesday/Wednesday, so it’s paid for. Numbers were rising because of some bars in the cities.