Toby Tyler....another brokester that downgrades this site

Zero times....u know why Toby
I survived the virus
It was brutal
Long battle
But I'm strong
And fully recovered

Good luck

far from broke. Virus a goldmine for me and my family for variety of reasons.

mr merlin

EOG Master
4th of july today, heading for a very, very low death day - 3 or 4 states not updating today but they're the smaller ones, prob miss 50-60 deaths max.

Stay tuned for the final numbers.

mr merlin

EOG Master
254 deaths today - a huge drop - even if you add in 50 deaths from a few states that didn't report it's impressive.

512 - 1 week ago

582 - 2 weeks ago

717 - 1 month ago

1053 - 6 weeks ago

Bushay

NHL Expert
For people who don't understand what it means to be on a ventilator but want to take the chance to go out:

For starters, it is NOT an oxygen mask that is put over the mouth while the patient comfortably lies down and reads journals.

Ventilation for Covid-19 is a painful intubation that goes down your throat and stays there until you live or you die.

It is done during anesthesia for 2 to 3 weeks without moving, often upside down, with a tube deposited from your mouth up to the air pipe and allows you to breathe to the rhythm of the lung machine.

Patient can't talk or eat or do anything natural - the machine keeps you alive. Discomfort and pain they feel from this means that medical experts must administer sedatives and pain meds to ensure pipe tolerance as long as the machine is needed.

It's like being in an artificial coma. After 20 days from this treatment, a young patient loses 40% muscle mass and gets trauma in the mouth or voice cords, as well as possible lung or heart complications.

It is for this reason that old or already weak people can't stand treatment and die. Many of us are in this boat...so stay safe if you don't want to take the chance to end up here. This is NOT the flu!

They put a tube in your stomach, either through your nose or skin for liquid food, a sticky bag around your butt to collect diarrhea, one to collect urine, an IV for liquids and meds...
...an A-line to monitor your BP it is completely dependent on finely calculated with doses, teams of nurses, CRNA and MA to move your limbs every two hours and lie on a carpet circulating ice cold liquid to help reduce your 104° degree temp.

All of this while your loved ones cannot even come to visit. You will be alone in a room with your machine. Or your mother will. Or your father. Or your son or daughter. Or wife or husband.

But...you think wearing a mask is uncomfortable and humiliating.

#foodforthought #wearamask #prayup85A76B2E-5FBC-474D-96FC-ABF65B5DF28C.jpeg

mr merlin

EOG Master
Tell that to the family of fhe 21 year old Penn State student who died 10 days after testing positive
False narrative, you dont make policy based on isolated events, people go into the woods and get lyme disease or encephalitis - do we ban going into the woods, people swim in lakes an get some weird brain ameoba disease, every year people die from that - young people, do we ban swimming - do we even care?

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
ray - I don’t recall you mentioning about having it until you posted it yesterday. When did you get it? Just curious. Did you have to go to the hospital?

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
254 deaths today - a huge drop - even if you add in 50 deaths from a few states that didn't report it's impressive.

512 - 1 week ago

582 - 2 weeks ago

717 - 1 month ago

1053 - 6 weeks ago
Hopefully the numbers in 2-3 weeks not too crazt of a jump but gotta be spike coming if hospitalizations are so far up like im readi g

Ray Luca

EOG Master
False narrative, you dont make policy based on isolated events, people go into the woods and get lyme disease or encephalitis - do we ban going into the woods, people swim in lakes an get some weird brain ameoba disease, every year people die from that - young people, do we ban swimming - do we even care?

Most of your info is coming from University of Pittsburgh Medical Center...which is a good thing...but if you are saying virus is weakening that means it mutated?

Ray Luca

EOG Master
ray - I don’t recall you mentioning about having it until you posted it yesterday. When did you get it? Just curious. Did you have to go to the hospital?

Battled at home for 30 days
Telehealth daily w Dr at $250 a pop
Symptoms started April 7th

Lying down on stomach was prob the best advice ever given

mr merlin

EOG Master
Most of your info is coming from University of Pittsburgh Medical Center...which is a good thing...but if you are saying virus is weakening that means it mutated?
it appears so, many Dr's worldwide have said that viral loads among sick patients are just not as high as before.

mr merlin

EOG Master
Hopefully the numbers in 2-3 weeks not too crazt of a jump but gotta be spike coming if hospitalizations are so far up like im readi g
I have said that I expect an increase - one would imagine some would die, right? But the fact is cases bottomed on june 9th and have been rising ever since, the last 3 weeks rather quickly, yet there is no sign of an uptick in deaths. It's now been about 4 weeks, any lag should have appeared by now.

This spike in cases will only last a short time - another 2 weeks or so before dropping, so even if deaths do jump by a hundred or 2 /day, it should fall quickly again thereafter.

kane

EOG master
Every team has players who tested positve, 4 Marlins have it, DJ Lemahue of the Yankees, I'm sure I mangled his name

kane

EOG master
I said it before and I'll keep saying it, no one knows what type of long term damage this virus will do the bodies of those infected, one Dr said there could be long term lung damage from it, right now no one knows