Zags/Baylor Predictions?

choslamshe

EOG Master
I'm not as high on Gonzaga after the way UCLA had their way offensively against them. Yet -4 seems like a tiny number for a team that has no weakness.

Jalen Suggs is pro ready and has sky-high potential. I hope he finds his way on a team that has a clear role for him out of the gate.

Heim

EOG Master
It will come down to Tillie staying out of foul trouble. They have no depth there.

Bruins couldn't take advantage, Baylor will. Fuck Suggs,

Tillie is the heart and soul of that team.

BAYLOR by 3

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
It will come down to Tillie staying out of foul trouble. They have no depth there.

BAYLOR by 3

Timme, not Tillie.

Killian Tillie played for the Zags a few years ago.

Drew Timme plays for the Zags now.

Timme has surprised me.

Nothing he does is extremely impressive but the results are hard to deny.

Not sure if it's Timme's individual skills or his specific role in a great offensive system.

I'll guess the latter.

His theatrics and/or showmanship with his moustache is a turn-off for me.

Nothing he does at the college level will work in the NBA.

Suggs, on the other hand, is NBA-ready, as CHO mentioned.

He moves beautifully on the court.

choslamshe

EOG Master

BAYLOR by 3

Timme might be the heart and soul, but like Luka Garza we likely won't even hear his name being called in 2 years, unless we're talking about the game overseas.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
And, of course, not everything at the college level is about the NBA game.

But as the tournament games get more important (Final Four and Championship Game), it helps to have supreme talent.

winkyduck

TYVM Morgan William!!!
In my bracket I had this game (OK - so did many others) with the Zags winning and I picked 159 points to be scored. I know that is right where the total is but I'll stick with a Zags win and 159 points. No clue about covering -4.5/5

Heim

EOG Master
I can see why under money has shown up....

Look at the shooting percentages of the Bruin/Zags (58%). Can they shoot better than
that tonight yet end of regulation combined 162.

Bruins did try to run some clock but that didn't last long as the game progressed.

Almost have to look under before over despite what the regular season ppg show.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Timme - The only thing I can think is opposing big men not respecting his quickness. In real time he is much quicker than people give him credit for (like drawing the charge in time)

Whoever is on him tonight will get eaten alive.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Piggy backing off what JK said, maybe opposing big men just step on the court and let their guard down looking at the goofball, his mustache thinking there's no way he will beat me then he lights you up on the boards and in points.

It does help playing with a future NBA stud though.

I lean to taking the points. No way I can bet the Under tonight the pace will be there for the Over we'll see if the shots are. Baylor +4.5 and Over 159

Viejo Dinosaur

EOG Master
Timme, not Tillie.

Killian Tillie played for the Zags a few years ago.

Drew Timme plays for the Zags now.

Timme has surprised me.

Nothing he does is extremely impressive but the results are hard to deny.

Not sure if it's Timme's individual skills or his specific role in a great offensive system.

I'll guess the latter.

His theatrics and/or showmanship with his moustache is a turn-off for me.

Nothing he does at the college level will work in the NBA.

Suggs, on the other hand, is NBA-ready, as CHO mentioned.

He moves beautifully on the court.

Time’s footwork is above average....he can go left and right with either hand....

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Time’s footwork is above average....he can go left and right with either hand....

Good point.

Timme does have one of those crafty men's league games.

But the men of the NBA will knock him around real hard.

Not sure which disappears first: Timme's goofy headband or his shit-eatin' grin.

That's, of course, if Timme makes the league.

Quick question: Do black players in the NBA play harder/tougher against white players?

Hmmm...

1617670775654.png

raycabino

Long Live Wilson!
Good point.

Timme does have one of those crafty men's league games.

But the men of the NBA will knock him around real hard.

Not sure which disappears first: Timme's goofy headband or his shit-eatin' grin.

That's, of course, if Timme makes the league.

Quick question: Do black players in the NBA play harder/tougher against white players?

Hmmm...

View attachment 7463875
If Kevin Mchale's game can still make it in today's NBA (not sure if it can) than this kid will be a stud in the NBA. Sidenote: if Kevin Mchale's game can't make it in todays NBA then we should also agree that todays NBA is a shit ton more talented/more competitive than it was in the 80s and 90s that always get praised for being the hayday of the league. Can't have it both ways.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Current score: Baylor 11 Gonzaga 1 with 16:30 left in the first half.

LIVE WAGERING: Baylor -3 and 154.5.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Current score: 31-14, Baylor, with 7:50 left in the first half.

LIVE WAGERING: Baylor -8.5 and 159.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Current score: Baylor 38 Gonzaga 26 with 3:41 left in the first half.

LIVE WAGERING: Baylor -5.5 and 163.5.

choslamshe

EOG Master
Baylor shooting lights out. Zags pathetic zone has helped Baylor...so many easy shots. 13 to 2 FT attempts for the Zags and it wouldn't surprise me to see that disparity in the 2nd half again. Suggs easily the best player on the court and can do whatever he wants, if he wants.

Baylor guards so underrated, not sure Zags have an answer for them on both ends

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
11 fouls called against Baylor to Gonzaga's 6 in 1H though is the important factor to me.

Baylor won't have any big man left on the court if they call it the same way.