Zion Rumor Floating Around....

Heim

EOG Master
Zion is done & his people have told 'K' that. Duke hiding it to preserve seeding.

Could be true. Listening to 'K' the other day talking about entering Phase 4 of a knee sprain (lol) makes it look plausible.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
You make a good point! I thought that sounded goofy - phase 4 ? How many phases are there? LOL.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I couldnt come up with enough negative and disrespectful words to describe Zion Williamson if he was healthy enough to play but decided not to all for the sake of money and draft position.

You are genuinely FUCKED up in the head and have evil people in your corner if you're healthy enough to play on one of the biggest stages in all of sports for a once in a lifetime shot at winning a national championship and choose not to.

It would take a special kind of SHIT to bail on your teammates right before the big dance.

Ben Simmons played his entire college days bitching and crying about how the ncaa doesnt pay its players and how they make all this money but maybe if this Australian clown actually tried to improve his game in college he could have hit free throws and outside shots in the nba by now and actually made opposing defenses have even the tad bit of concern of him behind the arc but no, we get the pussy, crying, weak version of somebody who only cared about money who LOST to one of the worst teams in the nba today in the Chicago Bulls. People can go fuck themselves. They are lucky I'm not in charge.

Last edited:

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
Scottie Pippen went on record in January saying Zion should skip out on Duke and get ready for the pro game.

I have a hard time disagreeing with Pippen's advice.

The system is broken.

Last edited:

High Times

EOG Master
The NBA should take ownership of any player over the age of 18. Would make sense now that the NBA wants a minor league system. Why let these colleges get them for free?

The argument about going to college and getting a degree by playing basketball is great for the average college player. But the guys that can play should not have to be forced into going to college for no reason at all.....

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The NBA should take ownership of any player over the age of 18. Would make sense now that the NBA wants a minor league system. Why let these colleges get them for free?

The argument about going to college and getting a degree by playing basketball is great for the average college player. But the guys that can play should not have to be forced into going to college for no reason at all.....

They have a free minor league system now. Obviously it doesn’t benefit Duke or Kentucky when they change the rule to no college required.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I think one and done is coming to an end but regardless the NBA will give them the tools to become the best they can be. They raised the pay for top high school kids from 35k to 125K if they choose to skip college and go straight to the G league. It's no joke though. Veterans who get sent down will look to put you in your place. Other young talent trying to make it wont let you just punk them.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Just in this specific case if Zion pretty much says fuck you to duke now then hes a piece of shit

Is it any different than the football players not playing in the bowl games? The coaches leave at a moments notice also. Let’s face it, Zion was only there because he had to be. There was no great coaching by Coach K involved.

MrTop

EOG Master
They have a free minor league system now. Obviously it doesn’t benefit Duke or Kentucky when they change the rule to no college required.

it hurts NCAA if the stars can jump to the NBA at 18. There is not many that can do it though.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
it hurts NCAA if the stars can jump to the NBA at 18. There is not many that can do it though.
The ncaa is hurt by one-and-dones. You are catering to them, they do the bare min to stay eligible. That’s where coaches get in trouble. Kobe and LBJ never played college.

MrTop

EOG Master
It is the NBA gets hurt too. If the player turns out to be a stiff. Best thing is stay in school, but that hurts the player if he gets hurt. I wonder if he could get insurance.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
True. Zion was only there because he had to be but this situation presents us some unique gambling opportunities. It can go either way as of now. I'm not sure what to really believe..

Almost Allright

GO Bucks!!!
The brilliant Coach K still has two top 5 picks playing. Surely that’s enough talent for God's gift to basketball to get it done.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
It is the NBA gets hurt too. If the player turns out to be a stiff. Best thing is stay in school, but that hurts the player if he gets hurt. I wonder if he could get insurance.
The NBA drafts skill sets, that’s all they care about.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur

He has insurance for $8 mil thru the NCAA. Big deal when he’s worth $200 mil as the first pick and a shoe contract included.

If they wanted to stay for the love of the university, they would play four years.

kane

EOG master
Zion is the first pick in the draft, he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone, he's about to cash a lottery ticket and the only thing preventing that would be a bad injury, he doesn't owe Duke anything, all the money the school makes, all the money K makes, all the jerseys people buy with his name on it, and he gets nothing, he should do what's best for him, not what's best for Duke. Nick Bosa sat out the whole year, and he might be the first player taken in the draft, these kids are finally getting smart and realizing college sports is a big business, and by sitting out and protecting their future, they're making sound business decisions.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
Zion is the first pick in the draft, he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone, he's about to cash a lottery ticket and the only thing preventing that would be a bad injury, he doesn't owe Duke anything, all the money the school makes, all the money K makes, all the jerseys people buy with his name on it, and he gets nothing, he should do what's best for him, not what's best for Duke. Nick Bosa sat out the whole year, and he might be the first player taken in the draft, these kids are finally getting smart and realizing college sports is a big business, and by sitting out and protecting their future, they're making sound business decisions.

This

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Football is on another level to me. I can certainly see a kid not participating in the dog doo doo bowl for fear of injury.

If your given the go to go then you should go if your Zion.

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
I guess I do not feel sorry for Duke. Comes with the territory of recruiting one and dones. But, getting back to going to school at Duke. So kids with an ACT of 31 have a hard time getting in. What do you think Zion's ACT was.

Biff41

EOG Dedicated
Isaiah Thomas tweeted that Zion should sit out Dukes playoff series after a minor knee sprain and jump to NBA before risking further injury.

boston massacre

EOG Master

A Big Business for everybody in it, except the ones who Generate the Business !

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
If Zion does not come back and play for Duke in the big Dance? Would you want him on your NBA team? Draft would take him thru the lottery and put him on one of the worst teams in the NBA. Now you have a spawning grounds for the next Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis whining for a trade because their teammates are not good enough.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
If Zion does not come back and play for Duke in the big Dance? Would you want him on your NBA team? Draft would take him thru the lottery and put him on one of the worst teams in the NBA. Now you have a spawning grounds for the next Jimmy Butler, Kawhi Leonard, Anthony Davis whining for a trade because their teammates are not good enough.
This is why I hate tanking. You need to tank for a few years to make it work. You are also drafting winning players and now placing them in a losing culture for the chance of a better pick next year.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
A college basketball game had seats going for 35k the night Zion got hurt. They weren't there to see anyone else.

Saying he gets a free education is bullshit. He was one and done. His class schedule is full of salad making and understanding the mcdonalds value menu. Like someone stated that his future earnings are worth 200m.

Another reason for him to sit out....so that he can hear shoe offers from puma and Adidas which could make his nike deal even better. He plays another game in Nike shoes....that one game could cost him $50m in a deal.

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
Nba tweaked the draft a little bit. Even if Knicks wind up with worst record in league it doesnt improve their odds to land Zion. Bottom 3 have equal chance at landing him. Even the next few bottom teams have a shot to land him because the percentages dont drop significantly.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
A college basketball game had seats going for 35k the night Zion got hurt. They weren't there to see anyone else.

Saying he gets a free education is bullshit. He was one and done. His class schedule is full of salad making and understanding the mcdonalds value menu. Like someone stated that his future earnings are worth 200m.

Another reason for him to sit out....so that he can hear shoe offers from puma and Adidas which could make his nike deal even better. He plays another game in Nike shoes....that one game could cost him $50m in a deal.
He's one and done only because he couldn't go straight to the NBA out of HS. Supposedly he would have been the 2nd pick in the last draft.

patswin

EOG Veteran
All this talk about sitting out/not to sit out is not a fair comparison with a college bowl game. Most of the bowl games are meaningless exhibitions unless the team is in a playoff. Football is a much more violent sport than basketball. I understand why some guys skip the bowl games. These basketball games are not meaningless, they are still playing in the regular for a title/seeding in tournaments I don't see any reason a player should sit to protect his future. at this stage

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
All this talk about sitting out/not to sit out is not a fair comparison with a college bowl game. Most of the bowl games are meaningless exhibitions unless the team is in a playoff. Football is a much more violent sport than basketball. I understand why some guys skip the bowl games. These basketball games are not meaningless, they are still playing in the regular for a title/seeding in tournaments I don't see any reason a player should sit to protect his future. at this stage
Your post 35 is why. If the NCAA wanted to insure his draft pick value, then that's different.

boston massacre

EOG Master
Nba tweaked the draft a little bit. Even if Knicks wind up with worst record in league it doesnt improve their odds to land Zion. Bottom 3 have equal chance at landing him. Even the next few bottom teams have a shot to land him because the percentages dont drop significantly.

The Bottom 3 have the best odds.

14% Each.

boston massacre

EOG Master
The Further teams advance in the NCAA Tournament, the bigger payout for the school.

But if Zion played, and Duke won it all, He wouldn't be eligible for a Slice of Pizza.