Zion Rumor Floating Around....

kane

EOG master
I remember Chris Webber telling a story of how he would walk around campus at Michigan and see students wearing his jersey that was selling on campus for like 100$, and he was lucky to have enough money in his pocket to eat at McDonald's

MrTop

EOG Master
The NBA and NCAA are screwing the kids over. They could let them play in D league for a week before the draft to see if they want to draft him.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
The NBA and NCAA are screwing the kids over. They could let them play in D league for a week before the draft to see if they want to draft him.
They could do like hockey and baseball and draft them. If you don't like the position, you go back to college.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
I remember Chris Webber telling a story of how he would walk around campus at Michigan and see students wearing his jersey that was selling on campus for like 100$, and he was lucky to have enough money in his pocket to eat at McDonald's
Ed Martin took care of his family.

MrTop

EOG Master
the kid is the most important thing not big business. If this kid cannot make it anymore big business screwed him. Contract does not have to be signed . Let him play against D League

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
How many early draft picks did not shine in the NBA because they played for a bad team or does that help them score points? Nobody, pulls the Eli Manning - "not playing for those guys" routine. Could you pull off a negotiation with, say the Knicks, Can you trade me someplace else??? At draft time?

boston massacre

EOG Master
How many early draft picks did not shine in the NBA because they played for a bad team or does that help them score points? Nobody, pulls the Eli Manning - "not playing for those guys" routine. Could you pull off a negotiation with, say the Knicks, Can you trade me someplace else??? At draft time?

I would have told Eli Manning. " Go drive a Taxi"

IWishIWasAPro

EOG Master
I get the system is broken but paying college players will just create more problems. I dont know the answers. All I know is I want to see Zion come the big dance. It would be a shame if he isnt.

Sportsrmylife

EOG Master
All this talk about sitting out/not to sit out is not a fair comparison with a college bowl game. Most of the bowl games are meaningless exhibitions unless the team is in a playoff. Football is a much more violent sport than basketball. I understand why some guys skip the bowl games. These basketball games are not meaningless, they are still playing in the regular for a title/seeding in tournaments I don't see any reason a player should sit to protect his future. at this stage
This is a unique situation given the potential shoe money. Shoe money crushes rookie contract money and LSU recruitment money.

Last edited:

Bucky

EOG Dedicated
If he told Coach K - I am done! But Coach K says - Let;s conceal that to get a better seed in the Big Dance? Been jerking around everybody for quite a few games by saying he might play the next game, etc. If he does not show up the first game of the ACC it is time to stick a fork in him this year.

FairWarning

Bells Beer Connoisseur
If he told Coach K - I am done! But Coach K says - Let;s conceal that to get a better seed in the Big Dance? Been jerking around everybody for quite a few games by saying he might play the next game, etc. If he does not show up the first game of the ACC it is time to stick a fork in him this year.
Agree

Heim

EOG Master
Zion would definitely be a pick to sell tickets. His offensive tools are limited at best because frankly with his athleticism, he's
never had to learn any.

railbird

EOG Master
F the kids, i dont go to games cuz of kids, i have gone to games to see a coach, i went to see max good, but not since he left. Charlie coles, stu Morrill, the kids can go g leauge if want to be paid

railbird

EOG Master
Ncaa should fight back, if u want to pay kid, fine, but your team is now ineligible for post season play

MrTop

EOG Master
the kid will make Anthony davis look healthy..... neon zion will be a medical bust like the center from potland 10 years ago.... the books will put a total on how many he plays

Brayden11

EOG Dedicated

That's a funny story. Weber and the rest of the Fab 5 had more money while on campus than most professors.

TobyTyler

EOG Dedicated
Ed Martin also hooked up Tractor Trailer

I think he died while being investigated. Was juicy story, maybe Martin was a bookie I don't remember.

John Kelly

Born Gambler
Staff member
I love LeBron's judicious use of force and finesse.

He prefers to win with finesse and doesn't use force until it's necessary.

Heim

EOG Master
If there is a silver lining for the Pelicans, Alexander-Walker might be the steal of the draft.