Dsethi-Journeyman Post Up Bet - Official Discussion Thread of Rules, Regulations, Etc. - Page 12
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 26789101112

Thread: Dsethi-Journeyman Post Up Bet - Official Discussion Thread of Rules, Regulations, Etc.

Default Re: Dsethi-Journeyman Post Up Bet - Official Discussion Thread of Rules, Regulations, Etc.

dont be a fuckwad Dsethi. I know math and I know it is probable that you will finish in the red with juice alone. I also know your rules thus far can give you a better than 50% shot at finishing in the black if you chose to go after the win accordingly. I am saying it is stupid to pay for your picks so that is what I want to bet you on.

The only thing more laughable than the rules you initially laid out is your brother skins $1000 challenge across the street. I read about that stupid challenge that he could find 400 of his winning posted picks. Well, duh, I could also easily find 400 of his losing posted picks. He almost suckered 2 people into taking that bet with one being the normally bright Festering Zit. That was a prick move on skin's part, but I won't blame you for that.

Default Re: Dsethi-Journeyman Post Up Bet - Official Discussion Thread of Rules, Regulations, Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gynecologist View Post
    You avoided my question Dsethi and tried to get the subject off you and on to me.. Expecting you to likely mention my past soon..

How come 20 units over a 5 month span is too much?
    Why do I need to win 20 units when the bet was whether I would finish in the black? You all can spin the whole 'well you're making money off your clients' BS, but that wasn't the original bet. WVU is coming off of his original bet. And fact is as well, if I have a losing month, the fee is going right back into my clients' pockets.

20 units is a good, even great year for many people. I'll be having conversations with some holdover clients soon to discuss expectations, so that we are on the same page.

Regardless, it has absolutely nothing to do with WVU's claim and our bet. He's only now trying to make it a part of it.

Another thing Dsethi.

Are you going to post your football plays at EOG this season?
    all plays posted on twitter @gthenv

Quote Originally Posted by WVU View Post
    dont be a fuckwad Dsethi. I know math and I know it is probable that you will finish in the red with juice alone. I also know your rules thus far can give you a better than 50% shot at finishing in the black if you chose to go after the win accordingly. I am saying it is stupid to pay for your picks so that is what I want to bet you on.

The only thing more laughable than the rules you initially laid out is your brother skins $1000 challenge across the street. I read about that stupid challenge that he could find 400 of his winning posted picks. Well, duh, I could also easily find 400 of his losing posted picks. He almost suckered 2 people into taking that bet with one being the normally bright Festering Zit. That was a prick move on skin's part, but I won't blame you for that.
    Again, you're changing the terms of your claim and bet now. Understandably so. But not what we discussed a few months back. As I've repeated, I'd honor the spirit of the bet, not try to take cheap shots in order to cash. It's your prerogative not to believe that, but it's also my prerogative not to succumb to your alterations of our original bet just because you're backing off your words now.

I'm not being a 'fuckwad.' - I'm simply telling you that your word means shit then considering you're unwilling to back it up now. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by gynecologist View Post
    Another thing Dsethi.

Are you going to post your football plays at EOG this season?
    If you have all of these questions, you can PM them or email them. That wasn't the point of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by dsethi View Post
    Why do I need to win 20 units when the bet was whether I would finish in the black? You all can spin the whole 'well you're making money off your clients' BS, but that wasn't the original bet. WVU is coming off of his original bet. And fact is as well, if I have a losing month, the fee is going right back into my clients' pockets.

20 units is a good, even great year for many people. I'll be having conversations with some holdover clients soon to discuss expectations, so that we are on the same page.

Regardless, it has absolutely nothing to do with WVU's claim and our bet. He's only now trying to make it a part of it.

No matter what beef you and I have, I will never root for you to lose and I truly believe you will be in the black this CBB season.

Nonetheless I also believe 20 units is a good medium and I'm sure with the kind of season you just had your clients are expecting to win more than 20 units with you.
    all plays posted on twitter @gthenv

Quote Originally Posted by dsethi View Post

We never had a finalized bet D so I have not backed out of anything. I just thought you might like the chance to publicly prove that you are worth what you charge. I do not believe that you are, but that doesn't mean I wan't to put my money or my time into it.

Are you worth what you charge?

Desthi, serious question here so I would appreciate an honest answer:

If Zit would have taken up skins on his challenge would you consider that a cheap shot on skin's part in order to make a grand?

We never had a finalized bet D so I have not backed out of anything. I just thought you might like the chance to publicly prove that you are worth what you charge. I do not believe that you are, but that doesn't mean I wan't to put my money or my time into it.

Are you worth what you charge?
    You're right, we didn't have a finalized bet, you did have a pretty straightforward claim, however.

Am I worth what I charge? I believe so. My clients believed so last year when many of them cleared close to 30 units in the brief time I ran my service. Others that joined late in the process suffered setbacks when I ran into trouble in the 1st round of March Madness. It all depends on your perspective.

I never had any intention of making this a 'public' bet despite the retorts of many. There's a reason you and I PMed a few months ago, and there's a reason Journeyman and I PMed (well, I PMed and then he went on a tirade per his usual routine). I'm not interested in the publicity - I'm interested in winning money, period. If I was so concerned with publicity I would have kept posting my picks and getting 4,000 views a day. I've outgrown that.

Regarding your las question about Zit - like I told gyno, feel free to PM/email. This thread's not about all of that despite the detours of many. I have my own thoughts regarding that, and Skins and I did discuss that thread a few times (which was hilarious regardless)

Dsethi you are a tout. Don't try to feed us the bullshit that you don't want any publicity. Without publicity you wouldn't have a service. My pm box is full. I don't see why you won't answer my simple question about your brother's challenge in here. Oh wait, yes I do.

I think +20 units over the course of an entire basketball season is a fair assessment of your service's value. After all you are selling picks. do you think people are paying for your service because they hope you win 4.33 units? Get real big guy.

Another thing, just because someone claims something doesn't mean they want to put money on it. I do not think you are much of a babe magnet, but I am not about to put my money on it. If I see enough value in it my money will be there.

Dsethi you are a tout. Don't try to feed us the bullshit that you don't want any publicity. Without publicity you wouldn't have a service. My pm box is full. I don't see why you won't answer my simple question about your brother's challenge in here. Oh wait, yes I do.

I think +20 units over the course of an entire basketball season is a fair assessment of your service's value. After all you are selling picks. do you think people are paying for your service because they hope you win 4.33 units? Get real big guy.

Another thing, just because someone claims something doesn't mean they want to put money on it. I do not think you are much of a babe magnet, but I am not about to put my money on it. If I see enough value in it my money will be there.
    Yes, but in your situation you made the claim AND said you were willing to put money on it. Big difference between that and the scenario you just described.

You can keep talking about everything but the arrangement, not really going to address any of it in this thread - bottom line, highly doubtful I will agree on 20 units. I would rather my clients tell me what they view as a successful season rather than you. If 4.33 units is a nice chunk of change for some clients, and my fee doesn't represent even 1/2 unit to them, then yes, it may be successful by their standards. For me personally, what I charge doesn't represent a unit to me, so why would I expect that it would for my clients? I don't. Again, I will discuss expectations with them, not with you, except in relation to this bet, which we shouldn't even be discussing in the first place considering you said you were willing to put money on me PERSONALLY finishing in the red.

Maybe we can reach a reasonable meeting place - if we do, it will be because I've accommodated you backing off your original claims (that you did say you would bet on) that I would finish in the red. Your making this thread a bashfest won't really help your cause, I'll give you that. I'm trying to be mature about this in the interest of the bet. If you want to start bashing, we can do it somewhere else.

ok fair enough but you have done your share of bashing in this thread and in several of mine so you should expect equal treatment. Besides this thread is in the asylum. It is nice to know you have so many clients that you can weed out the ones who are unrealistic. That is some funny shit man.

ok fair enough but you have done your share of bashing in this thread and in several of mine so you should expect equal treatment. Besides this thread is in the asylum. It is nice to know you have so many clients that you can weed out the ones who are unrealistic. That is some funny shit man.
    That's fine, just don't expect me to respond to most of it is all.

I never said I had an exorbitant amount of clients - I did, however, turn away a number of people that wanted to sign up, for the reasons I stated earlier and have stated in other threads. I'm not in the business of providing 20* unit locks on a daily, weekly, or monthly basis.

This thread did not start in the Asylum. Not surprised it ended up here, however.

blah blah blah

freakin windbag virgin goon

You're wasting your time talking to this kid.

selling a system...it is beyond pathetic that people will be buying into this garbage...'i only get paid if I win' good lord! you are a true thief dsethi

ebee dah ebee dah.

EOG Dedicated

Dsethi hows baseball going for you this year?