THE 80-0 BASEBALL SYSTEM - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: THE 80-0 BASEBALL SYSTEM

Default Re: THE 80-0 BASEBALL SYSTEM

Quote Originally Posted by joeybagadonuts View Post
    Ok, fair enough. I read back over it and understand the rationale, however, the flaw is the same as every trend system- it is backfitted. I could find plenty of threads that would hit at smiliar percentages. What has happened in the past has zero barring on the present nor the future. There in is the flaw of the system. The sample size in this case is also way too small and doesn't take into account off season changes to last season's play off teams. I wish anyone who follows the best. Just remember- each game is an independent event. They don't have memories and no team is ever "due" to win any game. Just my opinion.
    Definitely an informed opinion, and one to consider.

I'll leave you with one thought. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but isn't every bet ever made backfitted? You take into account what a teams strengths and weaknesses are, vs a given opponent and utilize the information, based on what they did in the past, and speculate how it applies to the present!

QUOTE: The sample size in this case is also way too small and doesn't take into account off season changes to last season's play off teams

The sample size is 80 games, how many do you suggest their need be. Do you create an opinion of an NBA game during an 82 game season? Isn't that too small a sample size?

Do you create an opinion on an NFL team in a 16 game season, because through 15 games, that is 18.75% the sample size I am talking about here.

QUOTE: I could find plenty of threads that would hit at smiliar percentages

OK, you made a statement, please post many threads that hit 90% in a 2 game chase over 80 games, if you find the many you claim to have, I'll shut up, but I would bet my last dollar, you will find ZERO!!!!!

The system is 80-0 to a 4 game stretch

HERE IS WHAT I WROTE, but apparently you only chose to read and respond to what you read into it, ot what you read:

I agree with your thoughts on "martingale", my first line of explanation attested to that.

I agree with you wholeheartedly on playing something that doubles up going 4 deep, the risk is extremely high, no arguement.

I will however suggest you respond to the following?

What about the subset of playing a system that doubles up 1 time, and wins 90% of the time? Is that "martingale"?

Please respond to that.

Before you come in and bombard with thoughts, that are to be nice, not well thought out, if you have so many great systems, and you can find so many, I'll issue you a challenge. I'll put up whatever money you want to put up, HUGE, or tiny, 100 games, any kind of wager you want to make, straight bets, ATS, ML, teasers, any bets you wish, you make the rules, and after 100 bets whoever has the most units won, all bets worth 1 unit, the winner will donate the amount you choose to bet to the charity of his choice, and the moderators at EOG, if they are so inclined, will hold the money we send them for the wager in escrow til we each amass 100 wagers. If you want to come in here and spill your poison, your certainly free to do so, but if you want to back up the words you speak, then anytime, any place, anywhere, any type, your choice, 100 games, any amount you want, and I have no limit! I"M ALL IN!

If you lose, I'll give you rematches, for as long as you choose. I have not a dime to profit, it all goes to charity, my profit will be showing you, that the words you type, have absolutely ZERO value or understanding of what you are talking about!

ABOUT Backfitting:

Do you even understand what you said? Backfitting meaningless data such as the Vikings are 12-0 on Thursday, when it is 55-60 degrees, on the road, in January, is meaningless backfitted "noise".

Meaningful backfitting runs the world!

Your doctor uses it, when he examines something that is wrong with you, because he has 100s of cases worth of experiences that lead him to a diagnosis.

Weather computers are all backfitted with data of 850mb charts, and past storm behaviors, to create the "most likely" scenerio to occur from a storm forming.

The stockmarket is backfitted, to help predict the future bull or bear market based on the sever, not 80 events of similarity that occured before.

the Real Estate market is backfitted by interest rates, the economy, and what has happened under similar circumstances before.

BULLETIN:

EVERYTHING, EVERY VOCATION, with few exceptions, is backfitted with what has happened in the past.

Sports wagering is 100% backfitted! Your looking at teams, what they have done, strength, weakness. Why does the totals in NFL games go down when the weather report is for horrible game conditions? Because the past has indicated (at least many believe) that it will effect scoring!

BULLETIN:

No matter what your style of handicapping, your opinion is backfitted into what has happened before.

Those that learn how to use it most effectively, WIN, those that don't LOSE!!!

The object isn't to win 100%. Backfitting I agree 100% does not guarantee future results, absolutely no arguement there. What it does do, if learned how to use properly, and learn how to differentiate the "noise", the "anomolies", the "binomial distribution", from the crap, it helps you find what is most likely to occur, over what is least likely to occur.

Please explain to me how you handicap a game, and if you take anything into account from a past game, you have become a product of your own credo of calling backfitting eronious, and for most it is, but for those that are successful, they learn to find market inefficiencies, and win!

ned,

why dont you ignore these idiots. post the winners so we can all make some money and let these idiots fade you and lose their shirts. good luck and looking forward to your picks which have made me a nice sum over the last few years.

nydoc

there will be no more picks, best of luck to all!

Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    I am really sad to hear that. While you have every right to do as you wish, there are a great number of people on this board (myself included) who have enjoyed and profited from your systems.

Your method of sports investing and the rationale behind it have been very thought-provoking, and far more interesting than the average poster on this site.

To let a few idiots run you off is very frustrating to those of us who hold you in high regard.

I would humbly ask you to reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by ouch View Post
    I am really sad to hear that. While you have every right to do as you wish, there are a great number of people on this board (myself included) who have enjoyed and profited from your systems.

Your method of sports investing and the rationale behind it have been very thought-provoking, and far more interesting than the average poster on this site.

To let a few idiots run you off is very frustrating to those of us who hold you in high regard.

I have the same request

Hogan just looked at this Ned..going to try starting tonight..guess I was lucky and missed Phill last night..but will double on them tomorrow.

Tonight we got

Cubs -115

Dodgers +110

Angels -125

W Sox are rained out

Rays /Red Sox are no play...do we play them in their second series..this was never answered?

Milw vs SF on Tuesday

Philly (double play) vs Atlanta on Tuesday

Here we go Ned

Quote Originally Posted by Hennessey View Post
    I have the same request
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by ouch View Post

I also have learned so much from you. I have not followed everything but it has helped me put something else in capping and learn some new things.. Would really be bummed that you leave here...

Y let one or two a-holes get under your skin, you have a large amount of fans/followers here who like what you bring to the table and appreciate it..

Don't really understand sometimes why people let one/two people run them off when there are many more people who appreciate and like posters on here...

So I ask that you reconsider also and forget about the bashers, they obviously have a different agenda and it is not winning...

You know what, Hawks, the same thing happened to Russ Culver, Buffet Gambler, and many others. These gentleman don't have time to deal with bullshit and to ask them to overlook a couple of posters who give them a hard time is missing the point. If a guy is in here trying to help people make money, why should he have to put up with any nonsense? As soon as the posts get to the point where they are counterproductive, most of the best cappers/moneymakers figure why bother with these fucks? That is what I think we saw here in this thread. It's a fucking shame.

Quote Originally Posted by munson15 View Post
    You know what, Hawks, the same thing happened to Russ Culver, Buffet Gambler, and many others. These gentleman don't have time to deal with bullshit and to ask them to overlook a couple of posters who give them a hard time is missing the point. If a guy is in here trying to help people make money, why should he have to put up with any nonsense? As soon as the posts get to the point where they are counterproductive, most of the best cappers/moneymakers figure why bother with these fucks? That is what I think we saw here in this thread. It's a fucking shame.
    Hogan agrees..Maybe Ned will come back

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganknows View Post
    Hogan agrees..Maybe Ned will come back
    I think it was solid of you to post the plays anyway.91023i2ndw;l

I think it was solid of you to post the plays anyway.91023i2ndw;l
    Looks like a good system..I hope it kills ..I've won a bunch with Ned over the years :thumbsup

I love it! A little risky, but can't argue with 10 years of history

Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    Ned, please reconsider.

I had never had a winning college basketball season before I followed a lot of your plays.

It's your betting philosophy that I most appreciate reading about, not just the picks. Most people don't have the discipline to wait for strong situations to occur and then bet with confidence, knowing that the percentages are in your favor. I'm a big believer that situational handicapping or system betting is the best way to go.

Most people who post the word system never tell you what it is. So there is no way to decide if it seems logical or to verify the win percentage. Thanks for giving out a few of your systems.

I actually had a question about your MLB big fav. in Aug. system, but if you're outta here, I understand.

Nevertalkaboutfamilybusin ess junkman773's Avatar

BOL

EOG Dedicated

bol
    GO JETS

As someone who was critical, my comments were meant to help people consider not making bets I consider very negative and flat out dangerous with the martingaling.

I hope Ned posts his thoughts again as their are many here who are interested in his opinion. I clearly cannot help the posters in this thread and I will not try again as it just causes friction.

Best of luck to all this season.

Hogan 3-0 last night..system is 3-1 so far in first round.

Back soon with todays plays..Thank you Ned...3-0

Today's plays...3-1 in first round so far.

1st round...Milw +145

1st round...WSox -130

2nd round...Phillies -120 double plus one unit play

GL Hulk.

1st round 4-1 now with White Sox win 4-2

Nice Ned

been on this myself, going very well so far
    (FINAL 2009 MLB 63-47-1 +91.62 units)
    (FINAL 2009 CBB 65-37-7 +24.30 units)

2009 NFL 15-13 +3.40
    2009 NCAAF 13-9 +23.50

2010 NBA 16-7 +10.15

Quote Originally Posted by Key-Touch View Post
    been on this myself, going very well so far

Nevertalkaboutfamilybusin ess junkman773's Avatar

Ned fuck the clowns who do not like what you do.

Just keep winning shuts most of them up or so I have heard:thumbsup

Quote Originally Posted by junkman773 View Post
    Ned fuck the clowns who do not like what you do.

Just keep winning shuts most of them up or so I have heard:thumbsup

Yes sir Junkster...Ned knows his stuff

I hate idiots who enter people's threads just to criticize...it sounds like grade school stuff, but you shouldn't contribute unless it is constructive, because to do otherwise is obviously counter-productive and just plain annoying.

Today's plays...3-1 in first round so far.

1st round...Milw +145

1st round...WSox -130

2nd round...Phillies -120 double plus one unit play
    Hogan just wanna say I personally appreciate you doing the work since assclowns nearly ruined this thread

Quote Originally Posted by ballerhanz View Post
    Hogan just wanna say I personally appreciate you doing the work since assclowns nearly ruined this thread

No problem..I like helping Ned..he has made Hogan good $$$$$$$$$$ with his systems and plays. :thumbsup

4-2 in first round now with Milw loss at SF...Milw goes to second round.

4-2 in first round now with Milw loss at SF...Milw goes to second round.
    Need a Phils rally to avoid going to Defcon 2.:+whipping

Need a Phils rally to avoid going to Defcon 2.:+whipping
    yep,looks like Phillies are going to game three

Milw going to game two

Only two left..Milw and Phillies(unless they come back)

4 winners in first round

2 played each other and haven't heard if you play those two in their second series..Ned has left the house..gives a ruling please Ned

EOG Dedicated

2 played each other and haven't heard if you play those two in their second series..Ned has left the house..gives a ruling please Ned
    It is clear from the OP's first post that you skip any game between two playoff teams and only bet a team when they play a non-playoff team. In the last 10 years, there have been 9 playoff teams who met another playoff in the first series of the next year, so how could this system go 80-0 unless every team was allowed to go to the full "4 game stretch"?

Actually, the system as described has not gone 80-0.

Quote Originally Posted by ComptrBob View Post
    It is clear from the OP's first post that you skip any game between two playoff teams and only bet a team when they play a non-playoff team. In the last 10 years, there have been 9 playoff teams who met another playoff in the first series of the next year, so how could this system go 80-0 unless every team was allowed to go to the full "4 game stretch"?

Actually, the system as described has not gone 80-0.

So you must skip to their second series of the season..is that what your saying? To get the full 8 games each season you would have to.

First round..4-2 Finished

Second round...0-1

Today's Plays

Phillies...3rd round

Milw ....2nd round