THE 80-0 BASEBALL SYSTEM - Page 3
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: THE 80-0 BASEBALL SYSTEM

Default Re: THE 80-0 BASEBALL SYSTEM

GL today, Hogan.

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganknows View Post
    So you must skip to their second series of the season..is that what your saying? To get the full 8 games each season you would have to.
    Yes.

What this means is Tampa Bay's "4 game stretch" is against BAL (April 10-12) and NYY (April 13).

Since Boston's second series is also with a playoff team (LAA), their "4 game stretch" is against OAK(April 13-15) and BAL (April 17)

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by Ned View Post
    It's 80 units you double up to win +1 unit for profit so each win is exactly 1 unit
    This statement is a bit ambiguous since the bettor is required to wager more than double for ML favorites and a little less than double for ML dogs of more than +100. I'll assume the intent is to increase bets in such a way to make each win result in a net gain of exactly +1 unit.

The bet size calculation is then straightforward.

I'll list the games because the Phils game starts in a few hours.
    Accounting so far, W/L 4-3, down -0.75 units.

Games for 4/8/2009 (WA lines):

Bet 5.566 units on the Phillies -110
    Bet 1.859 units on the Brewers -110

Quote Originally Posted by ComptrBob View Post
    It is clear from the OP's first post that you skip any game between two playoff teams and only bet a team when they play a non-playoff team. In the last 10 years, there have been 9 playoff teams who met another playoff in the first series of the next year, so how could this system go 80-0 unless every team was allowed to go to the full "4 game stretch"?

Actually, the system as described has not gone 80-0.
    Each playoff team (and their 4 game stretch that Ned is talking about) is its own separate entity. There are 8 playoff teams each year and his data is traced backwards for 10 years

For the 4 game "system," none of those 8 teams in the 10 year span have lost more than 4 games in a row, thus...80-0 if you play to the 4th game (if necessary).

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    Each playoff team (and their 4 game stretch that Ned is talking about) is its own separate entity. There are 8 playoff teams each year and his data is traced backwards for 10 years

For the 4 game "system," none of those 8 teams in the 10 year span have lost more than 4 games in a row, thus...80-0 if you play to the 4th game (if necessary).
    Correct on first statement.

Incorrect on second statement. The system loses if a team loses more than 3 in a row, not 4. More importantly, two teams in the 10 year span have lost at least 4 games in a row (with the proviso of skipping games whose opponent was also a playoff team).

oops...to the 4th game, You are right.

based on Ned's records, it doesn't show that two have lost. Which teams lost?

I have the Phils today but I'm curious if anyone has been following the system and is wagering 5.41 units on them today? (my lines were -105, -120, -120)

I think I did hear Ned say to maybe tweak system to play games 1 and 2 only

Quote Originally Posted by shdw01 View Post
    I have the Phils today but I'm curious if anyone has been following the system and is wagering 5.41 units on them today? (my lines were -105, -120, -120)

I think I did hear Ned say to maybe tweak system to play games 1 and 2 only
    It was purposely left a bit subjective because the progression could get pretty expensive at the end. The two-step system would allow you to play without ever reaching too deep. Just my .02.

so everyone creates a big stink about things but I don't think anyone is actually even playing the system....

So if you are playing the system and have followed up till now...

Who is going to play the Phillies for the 4th game as they are going down today, again???

I played first two and was not going to keep going as if you play the 3rd then you really have to play the 4th...

Quote Originally Posted by Hawks Fan View Post
    So if you are playing the system and have followed up till now...

Who is going to play the Phillies for the 4th game as they are going down today, again???

I played first two and was not going to keep going as if you play the 3rd then you really have to play the 4th...
    Good call, Hawks, I would have stopped there, too. You need to have a set of big ones to follow through.

All I do is trytrytry trytrytry's Avatar

1800 page views! OMG~!

Phillies this year has killed this system or would you say the Braves have killed this system...Phillies down 9-3 last time I looked

system wack yo.

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by shdw01 View Post
    Lines I used were Gm1: -130, Gm2: -120, Gm3: -110. Your bet size looks right, but you might check the -105 on Gm1, not sure it got anywhere close to that.

Incidentally, Phils up 11-10, Top 8th.

EOG Dedicated

Quote Originally Posted by Rondo View Post
    based on Ned's records, it doesn't show that two have lost. Which teams lost?
    based on baseball-reference.com, Ned forgot to skip games in which teams play other playoff teams. Hint: Cubs and Hou both were playoff teams in 1998.

//www.baseball-reference.com/teams/CHC/1999-schedule-scores.shtml

The standard responses to such flaws in the system are to do further datamining and/or change the rules in midstream.

ive been sticking to the system, 4 teams left to win ..phillies, TB BOS and MIL
    TB and BOS have not started yet, philly has been the pain but i will stick with them if a 4th game is needed bc if they win the 4th the 1st three loses were like they never happened

its a solid system just need patience with it, and it could require a bigger bank but that could be fixed my lower your unit amount just for the system
    (FINAL 2009 MLB 63-47-1 +91.62 units)
    (FINAL 2009 CBB 65-37-7 +24.30 units)

2009 NFL 15-13 +3.40
    2009 NCAAF 13-9 +23.50

2010 NBA 16-7 +10.15

Quote Originally Posted by Key-Touch View Post
    ive been sticking to the system, 4 teams left to win ..phillies, TB BOS and MIL
    TB and BOS have not started yet, philly has been the pain but i will stick with them if a 4th game is needed bc if they win the 4th the 1st three loses were like they never happened

its a solid system just need patience with it, and it could require a bigger bank but that could be fixed my lower your unit amount just for the system

looks like you may have been saved....

yea philly was my favorite in this system and theyve been the biggest headache, hopefully thatll clear up 1 more inning

2009 NFL 15-13 +3.40
    2009 NCAAF 13-9 +23.50

2010 NBA 16-7 +10.15

Phillies 12-11 unbelieveable..Hogan had written that one off..I just saw the final on Sportscenter...WOW

yea i turned it off 9-3, wasnt looking foward to doubling up again but

2009 NFL 15-13 +3.40
    2009 NCAAF 13-9 +23.50

2010 NBA 16-7 +10.15

Guess, you don't have to answer my question about playing game 4 for Philly...

Stepped out and come back to see they won 12-11, does not say much for the Braves bullpen...

System plugging along...

Ned knows his stuff, hope he is watching and going to make a return as I am really pissed at the joker(s) and asshole(s) who lead to his departure..

A blanket party for those who started this would not be enough...

Anyone I really find value in and is totally helpful on this site gets run off by fuck heads who get to stay on and contribute shit.... Fucking sick of it...

Go Brewers tonight

For ned and anyone else involved in the thread. If any post needs to be reported please use this icon to do so. At that point and email will be sent and the mods will review as soon as possible and see if it is an appropriate post.

Flying Wallenda act gets the Phils into the win column! Congrats to all who played, and GL with mil tonight.

MIL was $ tonight 91023i2ndw;l

2009 NFL 15-13 +3.40
    2009 NCAAF 13-9 +23.50

2010 NBA 16-7 +10.15

Milw gets the cash

1st round 4-2

2nd round 1-1

3rd round 1-0

Good going Hogan, that closes all 6 series! GL on BOS and TAM.

Quote Originally Posted by munson15 View Post
    Good going Hogan, that closes all 6 series! GL on BOS and TAM.
    Really going to question Bos..they are going to play LAA, I think who owns Bos. Who does Tam play?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganknows View Post
    Really going to question Bos..they are going to play LAA, I think who owns Bos. Who does Tam play?
    It doesn't matter who they play, you make a decision and live with it. You have 6 units in the bank and can just call it a night right now. But if you play, you have to go with both, not pick and choose. I think I'd be happy with that Philly miracle and just pocket my winnings, especially since the next series seems to be a little murky as far as the rules.

p.s. Now you can call it Ned and Hogan's 86-0 system!!

Quote Originally Posted by munson15 View Post
    It doesn't matter who they play, you make a decision and live with it. You have 6 units in the bank and can just call it a night right now. But if you play, you have to go with both, not pick and choose. I think I'd be happy with that Philly miracle and just pocket my winnings, especially since the next series seems to be a little murky as far as the rules.

p.s. Now you can call it Ned and Hogan's 86-0 system!!
    I think you are right Munson...the next two series are very murky...Hogan going to take his winnings and run

Ned's system is now 86-0...Thank you Ned

Come back with some good NBA stuff

I think BOS is a play for tomorrow, because LAA closed its series in 1st round and should be treated as a non-playoff team.

I'm going to make one more attempt in hopes that those that frequent here can keep this civil, and just respect the fact that we all have one goal, and like it or not, that goal is to beat the books. If you want to question the integrity of what I do here, please send me a PM and I'd be more than happy to address any and all issues you may have. I do this for a living, and not to blow my own horn, I'll let my results do the talking, and if you decide I have something worthy, then use your own discretion to utilize the information or pass. Don't attack the integrity of the information, because I can say this and back it up, I know more than you do when it comes to this. Just leave it at that.

ADDRESSING THE 80-0 SYSTEM:

For the record it is now 88-0. I did not address what to do when teams play each other, in the first 4 games. For most this is going to sound dumb, because you don't get it, but for others, you will totally get it. It simply doesn't matter if teams are playing each other, you play both sides! For those that think this is dumb, I'll try to explain and hopefully it gets through. That guarantees you a win, and if the underdog wins, then you are plus more than one unit. If the favorite wins, you are down 1 unit chasing game 2. Whay is this solid handicapping logic? Because no team has ever lost the first 4 games! Your reducing the risk by guaranteeing a winner, for a simple vig, and there is a chance of going positive in that one both-sided game. Based on trust of the system, going forward with the team that lost, still leaves you in a winning situation, that has never lost, nad for the record is now 88-0!!! The naysayers are going to look at this and question the logistics, because they just don't get what putting yourself in a winning situation is.

I have an NBA system that is HUGE and I will present it here as the time comes. I already gave it to Munson, and he knows what it is all about.
    For the record I had Dallas last night, and if you followed what I posted before, and made a note of it, you would have too. Utah is now 1-17 SU on the road against .500+ teams. They are also just 3-14 ATS. I had Dallas on the short ML, and ATS.
    Tonight I have another NBA play will post as time warrants

EOG Dedicated

THE SYSYEM:

Wager on all the teams that were in the playoffs last year in game 1 (if 2 playoff teams happening to be playing each other you pass). So there are the facts. You have 3 choices, stand back and ignore, and watch, play the low risk system that has shown 10 years of at least going 7-1, or go for the 8 unit hit, which offers substantially more risk, but at the same time, it has never lost!

Your choice!
    ADDRESSING THE 80-0 SYSTEM:

For the record it is now 88-0. I did not address what to do when teams play each other, in the first 4 games. For most this is going to sound dumb, because you don't get it, but for others, you will totally get it. It simply doesn't matter if teams are playing each other, you play both sides!
    You did address what to do when playoff teams play each other, you said pass, now you say play both sides. It is clear that you either you did not test this theory or you overlooked and/or missed the exception in 1999.

The "new rule" is exactly what I predicted in a previous post, classic datamining, i.e. change the rules when it is pointed out that the proposed system is flawed.

Of course, in this case, betting both sides of a game is the one way out of the conundrum, the other way would have been to present a system with just 8 years of data which goes 64-0 even when passing games between playoff teams.

Also, just for the record, since the wild card system was permanently adopted in 1995, the "modified system" (bet both sides of playoff games) has failed twice, once in 1996 and once in 1997. Thus it is 110-2 when not datamined to avoid the first 3 years of the wild card system.

I fail to understand the logic of coming into someone's thread, and condemning everything you see. Some people have nothing better to do than to split hairs, over 5% of what might be wrong over the 95% that might be right. Your one of the people in the world that can only see the dark side of anything, and the only attention you seek is negative, really feel for you dude, you present a sad case for what this forum truly represents.

Like I said before, put your money where your expertise lies, since you seem to hold so much of it. anytime, any place, any amount, and sport.

I simply hate negativity, and would completely respect you stay completely out of my threads in the future. Why don't you share your "self imposed" extensive knowledge with the rest of the forum, start your own thread, and share what you have to offer? You apparently have plenty to offer, but all that you serve up is negativity. This is ridiculous.

Do you think I purposely avoided the 1st 3 years? My data didn't go back that far, and obviously this sytem interested you, to the point of going back and doing anything and everything to refute it. What a loser! I feel sorry for you dude, when you can spend countless hours, trying to garner something to show negativity, instead of productivity. You use big words, and are head smart, so why do you choose to use that to show your own ignorance? Why don't you spend hours coming up with something that can benefit others here, instead of spending countless hours to try to pioson any written words. Sorry my man, that is counter-intelligence, and a total waste of energy.

Lastly, so if it is 110-2 my friend, is that supposed to be a negative point as you present it? Because the last time I looked 98.2% and 2 losses in 17 yrs would put substantial money in your pocket. That's what kills me, your point is to try to show how bad it is, but you go back and prove how good it is.

You have so much to say my friend, here is a chance for you to share all your gambling knowledge, which could likely be found stored on the head of a pin with others.

Speak up and offer something that comes from your gambling prowess, and share it with me and others here, we are all waiting because your an apparent genius that we all could benefit from, so here is your chance to spew something we can all benefit from

We are patiently waiting?