I heard Billy Walters bet 2 Million Dollars on The Super Bowl - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: I heard Billy Walters bet 2 Million Dollars on The Super Bowl

Default Re: I heard Billy Walters bet 2 Million Dollars on The Super Bowl

LETS JUST SAY THAT THE BW COLTS-4 BET WAS (MAYBE) A BUSINESS DECISION..(MAYBE NOT) THE ONLY WAY LINES (USUALLY) MOVE IS WHEN BETS ARE MADE..SO IN HENCE...THIS IS PART OF THE COST OF DOING BUSINESS WHEN YOU WANT A CERTAIN NUMBER ON A CERTAIN GAME..

Meanwhile, that line keeps dropping. ML now at -186 at Matchbook. Glad I didn't jump on -200.

Quote Originally Posted by munson15 View Post
    Meanwhile, that line keeps dropping. ML now at -186 at Matchbook. Glad I didn't jump on -200.

All I have been reading is that the sharps and squares are on the Colts. Yet, Colts moneyline continues to drop.

Public accounts for money too...it's usually the dog ML that gets the most action

Quote Originally Posted by THE SHRINK View Post
    When I attended my one and only Super Bowl, it was the Bucs against the Raiders in San Diego..

I stayed in Le Hoya, the trip cost me 30k including buying the best seats in the house off of a ticket broker.

I was there with Marty Jensen of all people.

I went double or nothing taking the BUCS for 3O k and then bet Marty 5k on the side...

I'll never forget the pleasure I got taking his money and having the entire vacation paid for by a bookie...

THE SHRINK

doesnt Marty own a restraunt in Coronado?

BTW its La Jolla not Le Hoya

Quote Originally Posted by BCTTWR View Post

All I have been reading is that the sharps and squares are on the Colts. Yet, Colts moneyline continues to drop.
    You'd think if BW really put $2 million on anything the line would shoot up.....

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    BW 2 million on the spread
    Adam Meyer says he is going to lay 1 Million on colts ML

that is some serious cheese.

thanks for the info shrink
    Definitely some serious money. It blows my mind how successful some of these guys are. I would crap my pants if I were to ever win a thousand dollars. I'd be happy to get my bankroll up to that. I can't imagine winning a million or 2. I'm just a small time $10 or $20 here and there kind of guy. Still trying to learn. I've had a bunch of ups and downs, but it seems like I am always where I started. Not winning money, but not losing either. I'm having fun with it, but it is frustrating.

Anyway, I hope these guys cash in their million dollar plays, as well as the rest of you.

Quote Originally Posted by K13 View Post
    You'd think if BW really put $2 million on anything the line would shoot up.....
    I guess thismeans Billy is turning into a square

the man lost millions 2 weeks ago and is doing it again

keeper of the clydecoins ClydeFontaine's Avatar

You had me at "le hoya".

Quote Originally Posted by Gambler View Post
    I guess thismeans Billy is turning into a square

the man lost millions 2 weeks ago and is doing it again
    chargers and colts are as sharp as a butter knife

What Sean Peyton has done in NO is much more inpressive than what Caldwell has done in Indy

No doubt Sean is the real deal and I am not sure about Caldwell

For now I put Caldwell and Norv Turner in the same category

I doubt Indy will cover if Freeney is out

Quote Originally Posted by BCTTWR View Post

I've been thinking the same thing. All these "sharps" and whales" laying huge amounts of money of the Colts and the line keeps dropping?

Not necessarily, supposedly some Vegas books have a pretty big negative exposure to the Saints winning the SB as lots of tickets were getting written as they opened the season undefeated. This is why it always comes down to someone asking for approval and the suits upstairs look at how the bet would even out their risk. The MGM organization will probably take in over $20M in action on the game, working a million or two isn't that difficult for them.

good luck with your Bet Shrink.... I know Viejo Dinosaur is on the colts to ....

Quote Originally Posted by WildBill View Post
    Not necessarily, supposedly some Vegas books have a pretty big negative exposure to the Saints winning the SB as lots of tickets were getting written as they opened the season undefeated. This is why it always comes down to someone asking for approval and the suits upstairs look at how the bet would even out their risk. The MGM organization will probably take in over $20M in action on the game, working a million or two isn't that difficult for them.
    I agree with your point, but I think he may have meant that the fact that it is Billy Walters, more than the amount of the bet, would normally move the line a bit. However, Saints futures at as high as 25-1 preseason, would certainly change the equation.

I'd imagine books will do quite well on future bets. They always do. The odds are ridiculoous in the books favor. For all the winning tickets, there are tons more losing tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by ShavenCoinpurse View Post
    I'd imagine books will do quite well on future bets. They always do. The odds are ridiculoous in the books favor. For all the winning tickets, there are tons more losing tickets.
    One guy affiliated with a Vegas book told me the two biggest volumes of tickets they wrote were on these two teams. What happens when teams win every week, the bandwagon gets crazy. He said they started the Steelers and Pats too low so they didn't get enough action on those teams to make the math work so well. He said it wasn't a terrible liability, but it is a liability nonetheless.

Quote Originally Posted by ShavenCoinpurse View Post
    They all cried poverty when the Rams won and cashed tickets that were all at least 100-1, but normally, I would think you're right. With 31 losers and one winner it's hard to get beat up very badly.

How someone else's wager on a game can draw 3 pages of replies is beyond me...

With all due respect, I care very little about Billy's bet, SHRINK's bet, Aunt Jemimah's bet, Uncle Ben's bet, Mrs. Cubbison's bet, etc...

I am concered with my wager.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Hoffa View Post
    How someone else's wager on a game can draw 3 pages of replies is beyond me...

With all due respect, I care very little about Billy's bet, SHRINK's bet, Aunt Jemimah's bet, Uncle Ben's bet, Mrs. Cubbison's bet, etc...

I am concered with my wager.
    Who do you like, Jimmy? It does make for interesting conversation, and like the media, we bettors have two weeks to kick it around.

Colts -4 1/2 amigo.

Quote Originally Posted by munson15 View Post
    They all cried poverty when the Rams won and cashed tickets that were all at least 100-1, but normally, I would think you're right. With 31 losers and one winner it's hard to get beat up very badly.
    Yup. And usually the 100-1 tickets are for 50 bucks or so. The favs or 3rd or 4th faves that are having good years and have decent value are the bets getting few hundred or thousands. So, I don't think they are getting hurt no matter who wins. the odds the boks throw up on these teams are ridiculous bets.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Hoffa View Post
    Colts -4 1/2 amigo.
    GL Jimmy, I like the ML. With Freeney out/limited, I can see the Saints hanging around and maybe backdooring the points. Probably should only buy to 3, but the ML has been good to me in recent Super Bowls.

I wonder how much Ivey has on it. GL to BW.

EOG Veteran
    Blog Entries

Saints are just excited to be there. Colts were there 3 years ago and are all about the Win. Colts by 14

Quote Originally Posted by cadillac pete View Post
    Using Ivey as the 'beard" in this case is brilliant considering the amount of $ he throws around at Bellagio. If in fact Ivey placed the bet, then the Bellagio would most certainly take it considering he is a poker whale and also plays craps for high stakes in the pits. I always wondered if big syndicates employed these now"flush" poker players like a Phil Ivey to get their $ down without raising suspicion or having their bet not be taken b/c of who would be placing it. They make the perfect "beard'.
    Bingo.

Quote Originally Posted by THE SHRINK View Post
    Good Luck going against Billy...

Let me know how that works out for you?

COLTS ML AND LEAN BACK AND SMOKE A CUBAN...

LIKE FROM 4 TO 5.5/6?

Just thinking about it. If you win 2 mil in Vegas, then you are forced to claim it on your taxes. Would the tax be about $600k on winning 2mil?

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyShop101 View Post
    Just thinking about it. If you win 2 mil in Vegas, then you are forced to claim it on your taxes. Would the tax be about $600k on winning 2mil?
    Say hello to the 35% tax bracket!

About $675,000 goes to federal taxes..

And then there's the fun times of paying out your state, local and city taxes too.

State, local and city taxes will be another few hundred thousand.

And if you happen to reside in one of a few states that has really backward gambling income tax laws, you will be fucked even worse than usual (but that goes for every gambler!).

After Uncle Sam jacks his cut, you'll wonder where the other half of your winnings went.. Goodbye, money.

honestly speaking nothing i've heard here would make me have two thoughts about who this guy is on. not saying the info shouldn't be shared because clearly a lot do care and im sure the info is valuable to them, but personally i trust myself and some sharps i know more so than billy walters

Everybody's hands go UP! Flamingo kid's Avatar
    and they stay there....and they stay there. UP down UP down all i do is Win WIn WIn

Quote Originally Posted by TheWinkster View Post
    BW on Colts -4

Gooooooooooooooooooooo Saints

The ONLY thing better than winning a bet is seeing Blowhard Walters LOSE one
    Why would you roto-root someone to lose? That's not like you wink.

Find it hard to believe he has 2 millon on the game...that's a lot of outs....I really don't think he is risking dos mil....

But if Ken says it is so, then I will take him for his word...

Matt Youmans reporting in todays 2/5 LVRJ on the Walter's wager at Bellagio. He says it was on the ML, not on the -4 Shrink indicated.

http://www.lvrj.com/sports/sharp-mon...-83623892.html

Adam Meyer and Fezzik are also mentioned.