Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Caution: Dream Crossing Ahead

Default Caution: Dream Crossing Ahead

Well, I lied. I said I was going to wait until May to begin my MLB 2012 journey to riches, but I find that I can't pass up a good dream, and that dream said that faves should do very well today within my designated odds range (all stated lines are from 5Dimes).

This thread will last until I go bow & arrow elk hunting in mid-September. I won't be putting all that many games up here at EOG - just some of those which evolve from my sports related dreams - SRDs. However, all my plays will appear in the covers MLB league leaders page; to find out how I'm doing, just type in my handle (same as at EOG).

BTW, the system I play aside from dreaming about a particular game or a generic dream (like on 4/28) is based on a series of dreams which I had a decade ago, and has done very well for me ever since with few modifications.

Philly -145
    Atlanta -142
    Colo -132
    Giants -162
    Bal -129
    Texas -158

Default Re: Caution: Dream Crossing Ahead

No post all your plays here, I'm following. I tryed to keep a spreadsheet with your system parameters but didn't have the discipline. I'm curious to see how it pans out.
    www.allbasketballimprovement.com
    My blog that helps you improve your basketball skills.

bump for bricka

he's been anxiously awaiting the results of your dreams

6 big favs....good luck with that
    It's ok Mrs Crabtree, I like shit on my shoe....Brokebraker after Texas lost 41-7

This is very worrying. this dope is obviously young enough to fall for any bollocks when it comes to sports betting but even more worrying, at his age he's dreaming of basball games and not pussy.

Quote Originally Posted by itseasy3 View Post
    No post all your plays here, I'm following. I tryed to keep a spreadsheet with your system parameters but didn't have the discipline. I'm curious to see how it pans out.
    I'll start daily picks approx. May 8 at covers. My picks are usually up by noon Central Time. I don't want to post picks for record anywhere that doesn't have computerized tabulation. Even though covers uses stale lines, by the end of the season it's just about a wash.

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy kgb View Post
    6 big favs....good luck with that
    You act like picking faves is like falling off a log. In the odds range I limit myself to (normally +110/-120 to +150/-160), faves win only 57.5% of the time.... meaning I don't pick big faves.

Sometimes I do pick very big dogs, but only with a really good SRD. Btw, last season I picked more dogs than any of the 33 covers players ahead of me in their MLB contest... and more than most of the other 11,877 players behind me.

Quote Originally Posted by WINBET View Post
    This is very worrying. this dope is obviously young enough to fall for any bollocks when it comes to sports betting but even more worrying, at his age he's dreaming of basball games and not pussy.
    I think this may be my first reply ever to winbet, generally because I tend to ignore his posts. But winbet might be well advised to ask JK why I'm referred to as a "senior member."

good luck AJ....I will be watching with great interest....

Pending Last night's dream basically said go against line moves. Once again, my plays are limited to the odds range id'd in the #7 post of this thread. Afternoon games weren't bet because I was otherwise occupied. I believe some poster was concerned that I wouldn't be betting any dogs... can't recall who that was.

5/2/12 6:35pm MLB Baseball 956 San Diego Padres +145* vs Milwaukee Brewers (Y Gallardo - R must Start J Suppan - R must Start)
    Pending 5/2/12 7:05pm MLB Baseball 957 Arizona Diamondbacks +113* vs Washington Nationals (J Saunders - L must Start E Jackson - R must Start)
    Pending 5/2/12 7:10pm MLB Baseball 959 Chicago Cubs +145* vs Cincinnati Reds (Samardzija - R must Start B Arroyo - R must Start)
    Pending 5/2/12 10:15pm MLB Baseball 965 Miami Marlins +112* vs San Francisco Giants (C Zambrano - R must Start B Zito - L must Start)
    Pending 5/2/12 7:10pm MLB Baseball 974 Boston Red Sox -156* vs Oakland Athletics (B McCarthy - R must Start D Bard - R must Start)
    Pending 5/2/12 8:10pm MLB Baseball 978 Chicago White Sox -120* vs Cleveland Indians (J Tomlin - R must Start P Humber - R must Start)

Texas - 7:05 PM ET Under 8.5
    Cleveland -
    Cincinnati - 7:05 PM ET Under 7.5
    Pittsburgh -
    St. Louis - 7:05 PM ET Under 8
    Houston -
    NY Yankees - 7:10 PM ET Under 9
    Kansas City -
    Oakland - 7:10 PM ET Under 7
    Tampa Bay -
    Atlanta - 8:10 PM ET Under 10
    Colorado -
    Miami - 8:35 PM ET Under 6.5
    San Diego -
    Toronto - 9:05 PM ET Under 7
    LA Angels -
    Minnesota - 9:10 PM ET Under 6.5
    Seattle -

Normally my picks are within the aforementioned odds range. However, I never let a good dream go unused, and the following bigger than normal dogs have been so portended.

5/8/12 10:10pm MLB Baseball 965 San Francisco Giants +183* <small>vs</small> Los Angeles Dodgers (R Vogelsong - R must Start C Kershaw - L must Start)

5/8/12 10:10pm MLB Baseball 980 Seattle Mariners +183* <small>vs</small> Detroit Tigers (J Verlander - R must Start K Millwood - R must Start)

Now a word about why I normally limit myself to a lower odds range to begin wih.

As to betting the big dogs, I once lost 10 such bets in a row, and the memory thereof puts a sour taste in my mouth to the point where I really don't want do do that again.

As to betting the big faves, well, it used to make me feel stupid whenever I'd lose one of those, in addition to the serious dent it can put in a bankroll.

Since they were presented in tandem in the dream, I may even parlay these picks for a nice 7-1 payoff. And if I lose, I really don't require a bunch of dribble from the peanut gallery. Hey, it was just last week when I was severely chastised for betting only faves.

Meanwhile, the season has started quite nicely, thank you very much.

do you have a running record?

He's off to a fast start at covers.com.
    ---may the odds be ever in your favor.

It's been a great month for dogs. I just wish I'd bet every one of them in my odds range (id'd above). I'd then be 72-68, mtd. But alas, I'm only 7-8 on the dogs. I'll try to improve on that tonight with these homies.

Pending 5/16/12 6:35pm
    MLB Baseball 952 San
    Diego Padres +107*
    <small>vs</small> Los Angeles Dodgers (C
    Capuano - L must Start C Richard - L must Start)
    Pending 5/16/12 7:05pm
    MLB Baseball 968
    Cleveland Indians +112*
    <small>vs</small> Seattle Mariners (F
    Hernandez - R must Start U Jimenez - R must Start)
    Pending 5/16/12 7:05pm
    MLB Baseball 970 Toronto
    Blue Jays +118*
    <small>vs</small> New York Yankees (H Kuroda
    - R must Start K Drabek - R must Start)

No need to look you up at Covers then? Thanks and GL.

i might start my own "sweat lodge plays" thread.

Quote Originally Posted by pvcpipe View Post
    i might start my own "sweat lodge plays" thread.
    Now that's one I'd read... not saying I'd bet it, but I'd surely read it. Would you opt to include the visions emanating from said sweat lodge? That's what would most interest me.

At this point, for those with lesser observational powers, I'll state there's a reason I don't post how a particular dream played out which led me to certain picks. It's because I tried that about a decade or more ago on the rec.gambling.sports newsgroup (those things even exist anymore?). Even though my picks consistently won, guys just couldn't wrap their heads around the metaphors which tend to constitute the bulk of dream interpretation.

Meanwhile, as I've repeatedly stated on multiple threads here at EOG, the vast majority of my MLB picks are based on a system which doesn't rely on individual dreams, even though at inception dreams led me to the system - one which has been a consistent winner for about 12 years now.

Congrats on the broom job yesterday. Meanwhile, I'm having a helluva time logging into your page over there.

pm sent

Thanks AJ.

Tonight's MLB should be interesting.... only if you're not betting it.

If you are, watch out.

Guess I can stop checking in to see if you have any plays, AJ.

The only game I watched was Toronto - Texas. No bets on anything. That one game was weird enough. Jays pitcher, Morrow, had two shutouts over last four starts. Lasted 2/3 inning. Nellie Cruz had maybe the MLB catch of the season in addition to a Grand Salami & eight rbi's. Jays ended the game with a position player pitching what the announcers said was the only game to their knowledge he ever pitched in.

I noted that all four away faves won for the first time in over a month. (Home dogs had gone 36-30 mtd in my odds range before last night).

Several low odds home fave winners - Pirates, Mets, Orioles, Chisox. The Astros beat the Dodgers as a +200 away dog. Go figure.

For the record, I was bound to bet only losers last night before my dream indicated a less than stellar day. One might ask why I didn't get a dreamed winner in that case. Fair question for which I don't have the answer. Dreams can be like a temperamental girlfriend - they don't give it all up all the time. But they sure saved me some money yesterday.

honest question-- do you think sometimes you take the stuff you dream about too seriously??

i ask not to poke fun, actually on the contrary. i get into alternative types of thinking and can see how/why you dig the dreaming thing.

but i also kinda get a vibe that you're over-analyzing them. ever try just focusing on one specific game before bed and waking up and taking whichever side stands out?

Quote Originally Posted by Integrity View Post
    honest question-- do you think sometimes you take the stuff you dream about too seriously??

i ask not to poke fun, actually on the contrary. i get into alternative types of thinking and can see how/why you dig the dreaming thing.

but i also kinda get a vibe that you're over-analyzing them. ever try just focusing on one specific game before bed and waking up and taking whichever side stands out?
    I take your question seriously, Integrity. The concept you're advocating is called dream incubation - focusing on a specific topic, then dreaming about it.

Yes, I have focused on a single game on a number of occasions. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. My best win ever was the national championship game after the 2005 college football season in which Texas beat USC 41-38. I incubated a dream which showed TExas winning 42-38. Won money six ways from Sunday on that one. My predicted score was posted on several message boards to boot.

But as for MLB, the system I use was dream inspired a number of years ago, and it's worked fine for me. It's nearly impossible to have a winning dream every night, and like any gambler, I like to have regular action. Laying off occasionally - like yesterday - is ok, but I do like to have multiple picks most days, and for about a decade now, this system has been productive.

Navigating Covers is too much of a challenge for me, why don't you just post your plays here?
    It's ok Mrs Crabtree, I like shit on my shoe....Brokebraker after Texas lost 41-7

Quote Originally Posted by Teddy kgb View Post
    Navigating Covers is too much of a challenge for me, why don't you just post your plays here?
    this

Quote Originally Posted by ajaysdreamplays View Post
    I take your question seriously, Integrity. The concept you're advocating is called dream incubation - focusing on a specific topic, then dreaming about it.

Yes, I have focused on a single game on a number of occasions. Sometimes it works, sometimes not. My best win ever was the national championship game after the 2005 college football season in which Texas beat USC 41-38. I incubated a dream which showed TExas winning 42-38. Won money six ways from Sunday on that one. My predicted score was posted on several message boards to boot.

But as for MLB, the system I use was dream inspired a number of years ago, and it's worked fine for me. It's nearly impossible to have a winning dream every night, and like any gambler, I like to have regular action. Laying off occasionally - like yesterday - is ok, but I do like to have multiple picks most days, and for about a decade now, this system has been productive.
    Appreciate the response.

Here is how I see it. I don't actually think dreaming will predict the games but I think it will allow one to relax enough to go with the side they feel is actually gonna win.

Lots of times, people rely on the math and what not to determine what side they like. And while that is good for super-advanced players, for any one specific game, sometimes you just gotta go with your gut, before looking at any sort of numbers, price, stats, etc and what I'm thinking is that being relaxed enough in a dream state or whatever will allow ya to just pick a side and roll with it.

I know anything I've ever really been sure on is when I absolutely loved a side before looking at anything else, as those other things can distract a person.

So, that is why I asked. Interesting response. Will continue to check out the stuff you post from time to time

Actually, I partially agree with you, Integrity. That is, I think the majority of my winning sports dreams can be placed in the "most probable" box, and not the "precognitive" one. Iow, one's subconscious mind is better adapted to ferreting out the really important stuff from all the fluff gamblers are likely to look at when trying to make a pick.

Should be a good day for MLB dogs.

Caveat: I thought yesterday would be a big dog day. Wrong. I bet four, won only two. But those two were the only two out of the 12 possible picks within my odds range, so I don't feel all that bad now. I haven't yet decided which dogs to bet today, but it'll definitely be an all dog-picking day.

Did I say dogs? I meant unders. Unders everywhere. Maybe dogs, too... now I'm confused.

GL on the afternoon under.

Win or lose, there will be more to come. That I promise.

I'll check back later, thanks.