Thread: Almost HORRIBLE tragic for ILL HAVe ANOTHER at BELMONT today..

All I do is trytrytry trytrytry's Avatar

Default Almost HORRIBLE tragic for ILL HAVe ANOTHER at BELMONT today..

be thankful this turnedout OK.

I'll Have Another has close call

Updated: May 31, 2012, 3:12 PM ET
    <cite class="source" style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; font-family: Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif; font-style: normal; line-height: 14px; color: rgb(153, 153, 153); display: block; overflow: hidden; ">Associated Press</cite>

NEW YORK -- A loose horse nearly slammed into Triple Crown hopeful I'll Have Another during training Thursday at Belmont Park, trainer Doug O'Neill said.
    <cite style="margin: 0px 0px 4px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; outline: 0px; vertical-align: baseline; background-color: transparent; display: block; color: rgb(171, 171, 171); ">AP Photo</cite>Exercise rider Jonny Garcia and I'll Have Another, shown on a ride Thursday at Belmont Park, narrowly escaped a collision.

I'll Have Another, the Kentucky Derby and Preakness winner, was walking a few feet from the outside rail when another horse threw his rider and came "screaming up the outside rail" the same way I'll Have Another was walking, O'Neill said.
    O'Neill said the horse went between the rail and I'll Have Another, and that exercise rider Jonny Garcia told him the horse grazed his boot. The trainer feared a collision was imminent.
    O'Neill says he's seen accidents like that, and "they are ugly." He says his stomach is "still a little twisted" and he doesn't want to think about what nearly happened.
    I'll Have Another will attempt to become the first Triple Crown winner in 34 years at the Belmont Stakes on June 9.

EOG Dedicated

Default Re: Almost HORRIBLE tragic for ILL HAVe ANOTHER at BELMONT today..

Thank goodness it was almost.

Isn't O'Neill suspended for juicing his horses?

Anyway, I'm glad the horse is OK, and I'll be rooting for him come Belmont.

Quote Originally Posted by KingRevolver View Post
    Isn't O'Neill suspended for juicing his horses?

Anyway, I'm glad the horse is OK, and I'll be rooting for him come Belmont.
    O'Neill's drug suspension to begin July 1st at the earliest.