Report Findings....."Penn State had "total disregard" for child sex abuse victims"
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Report Findings....."Penn State had "total disregard" for child sex abuse victims"

Default Report Findings....."Penn State had "total disregard" for child sex abuse victims"

Report: Penn State leaders, including ex-coach Joe Paterno, concealed JerrySandusky's activities to avoid bad publicity.

Report: Most powerful men at Penn State failed to take steps to protect Sandusky victims, report author Louis Freeh says.

Text of Joe Paterno's letter (delusional old man!) (move mouse over "text" for link)

Here's is the official report of the Penn State Investigation (move mouse over Penn St for link)

Default Re: Report Findings....."Penn State had "total disregard" for child sex abuse victims"

This is like a proverbial bomb dropping on this state. Another sad day in a year of sad days for Penn State.
    ---may the odds be ever in your favor.

Default Re: Report Findings....."Penn State had "total disregard" for child sex abuse victims"

Munson....do you think the PSU football program could get the death penalty as a result of this scandal?

I'm not even sure what the attributes are for a program receiving the death penalty, but it would seem to me that this situation would fit.

Sad day for those who have connections with PSU.

I don't think so, Bowler. Most of the people known to be involved are either dead, fired or in jail. Seems to me plenty of karmic punishment has been meted out already.

Other schools, especially elementary schools, should take a long, hard look at their athletic departments in light of the Penn State findings.

All that was right about Penn State not that long ago is practically down the toilet now...Joe Pa's legacy is down the drain....Penn State athletics will never be the same.....all the good Joe Paterno did is out the window....Sandusky needs to rot in prison...

Looks like Joe was apart of the conspiracy and cover up.

I was pleasantly surprised with this report. I really expected it to be a half assed effort at a cover up. As an outsider, it has seemed pretty obvious that alot of things were swept under the rug to protect the football program and coach, Im glad this report didnt insult our intelligence.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Other schools, especially elementary schools, should take a long, hard look at their athletic departments in light of the Penn State findings.
    More pedophiles in boy scouts than athletics.

Creepy.

Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    More pedophiles in boy scouts than athletics.

Creepy.
    And don't forget the clergy.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    And don't forget the clergy.
    true

Quote Originally Posted by munson15 View Post
    I don't think so, Bowler. Most of the people known to be involved are either dead, fired or in jail. Seems to me plenty of karmic punishment has been meted out already.
    An assistant coach could be aware of a booster giving a car to a single player, and that team receives the death penalty. A head coach not only covers for a pedophile but provides his football program as an environment in which the predator can spin his web, and you think they don't deserve the death penalty..........this is the closest I've been to using an emoticon, the one that shoots himself in the head.

Quote Originally Posted by 2W2P2S View Post
    An assistant coach could be aware of a booster giving a car to a single player, and that team receives the death penalty. A head coach not only covers for a pedophile but provides his football program as an environment in which the predator can spin his web, and you think they don't deserve the death penalty..........this is the closest I've been to using an emoticon, the one that shoots himself in the head.
    There should never be football at PSU again. They had their chance. They failed worse than any program in the history of college athletics. This is not SMU. This is a million times worse. Let the athletes transfer. The students can concentrate on going to classes.

Absolute power corrupts. I wonder if the networks will put them on tv? Oh maybe just every week, a sad state of affairs and nobody gives a damn about any of the kids. Money, money, is all anyone cares about. I wish we could take them off the betting board, but that won't happen and i don't have the power but maybe stations could do the right thing and not book them!

Removing the statue of Paterno seems like the right thing to do.

If you were a Big 10 school, would you want them in your conference? As a Big East fan, I wouldnt want them anywhere near my conference. And I agree with you TF, the statue should come down.

Yep...Would you send your son there???
    Not me..
    Team won't see a bowl game in the next fifty years.
    They should also knock out that statue of Paterno ASAP

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    All that was right about Penn State not that long ago is practically down the toilet now...Joe Pa's legacy is down the drain....Penn State athletics will never be the same.....all the good Joe Paterno did is out the window....Sandusky needs to rot in prison...

The only checks and balances involving the Penn State football program were checks the banks cashed and huge bank balances the administration coveted.

Quote Originally Posted by 2W2P2S View Post
    I'll do it for you.

Florida St: FSU finds out students including non-football players were cheating on an on-line music exam. Bowden, when finding out about it, FSU self reports the violation to NCAA and suggests a list of penalties. NCAA decides self imposed penalties not harsh enough and HAMMERS FSU declaring this a "major violation" and makes Bowden forfeit all victories from 2006 and 2007 when FSU and Bowden was unknowingly using students cheating on the test in games.

This causes Bowden to fall too far behind Paterno to ever catch in in the most coaching victories race.

Penn St: I won't rehash or compare what they and Paterno did. So far, no NCAA penalties

I cant see the NCAA allowing Paterno to have the most wins in light of everything there.

Nike has already annouced that they are taking Paternos name off the child care building (the irony is sad) at Nike's headquarters.

EOG Gadfly/Curmudgeon Jeff Jones's Avatar

I believes that's what they call in psychology "sublimation" where one channels socially unacceptable behavior into acceptable behavior avenues .

So child molestors become priests, pediatricians, scout leaders, PE coaches, etc. to be accepted by the community.

The downside of this in 2012 is that the 99% of those who pursue these areas are perfectly well-intentioned, but may be regarded with a suspicious eye.

"Hmmmm, I don't know about that guy...."

My sister in law is a 3rd generation PSU alumnus. Her family is shell shocked over this scandal. They want to put this behind them and move forward. PSU charges $2,000 annual seat license donation...we shall see if that continues. I suppose at the end of the day, come football game day, football will continue on at PSU, they will still get 100,000 people in the stands, etc. After all, isn't PSU football larger and matters more than life itself? (Being sarcastic)

It's just so disappointing that these men who had the power to do something didn't. I think the cover up and conspiracy are as disgusting as the crime. It's sickning to think how these individuals so nonchalantly took the seriousness of the offenses. It's disturbing to think 3 intelligent individuals (Spaniard, Curley and Paterno), could turn a blind eye and harbor a monster like this. It's just blows my mind.

Why doesn't the government go after the clergy as strong as they went against Penn State football? Does the Pope have more pull than Paterno?

EOG Gadfly/Curmudgeon Jeff Jones's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post
    Does the Pope have more pull than Paterno?
    Well, yeah.

Wow I just spent like a half hour reading the report. It was worse than I even thought. The statue should absolutely be destroyed.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one." -- Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds (1841)

Quote Originally Posted by IrishTim View Post
    Wow I just spent like a half hour reading the report. It was worse than I even thought. The statue should absolutely be destroyed.
    I couldn't finish it. Like the quote by Mackay.

Of all the things that I've read about the Sandusky thing, this is one of the best since it's by a former assistant football coach at Penn State who was also the victim of sexual abuse as a child.

Joe knew everything and it started before 1999.

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/452834...lege_football/

what you contemplate you imitate scrimmage's Avatar

Buy the rumor sell the news?....
    overmedicatedun... Thu, 07/12/2012 - 17:06 | 2611110

....rumor has it sandusky was never jailed years ago because of "big game rigging with the bookies" he had the goods on the saintly paterno and co. paterno had millions but kept a low profile much like buffett. joe protected him to keep the lid on the things(mob money pay offs to pols & law) that would have come out.
    http://www.zerohedge.com/news/btfd-no-more#comments

I haven't read the report guys, so hold your fire. I was reacting to the question based on what I knew prior to today.

You read 256 pages in a half hour? You really are a genius.

what you contemplate you imitate scrimmage's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Timely Hero View Post
    You read 256 pages in a half hour? You really are a genius.
    "executive summary"

No I didn't read the whole report and didn't mean to imply I did. I spent 30 minutes reading different sections. Think I got a pretty good picture and was disgusted.

And I'm very pleased we have another ZH reader on the site. According to my laptop, it's my number 1 most visited site.
    "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one." -- Charles Mackay, Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds (1841)

No I didn't read the whole report and didn't mean to imply I did. I spent 30 minutes reading different sections. Think I got a pretty good picture and was disgusted.
    haha obviously Tim. I was just joking. It took me nearly all day to read the whole thing - on and off at work. It's disturbing and the type of conspiracy type cover up that everyone fears money causes. Janitors were fearing for their jobs and safety if they exposed Sandusky - that looks pretty bad on the University. That being said, everyone who thinks Joe Pa is just as bad as Sandusky in this is borderline retarded.

Its a very fine line TH

A lot of times victims grow up and are as upset with the people who knew who didnt do anything than the people who caused the act.

They view the person as mental but dont understand why people in their right mind would allow them to be tortured.