Don't forget to bet against black coaches - Page 2
Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
Results 36 to 70 of 727

Thread: Don't forget to bet against black coaches

  1. #36

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    I think black coaches are disadvantaged by a lack of opportunities from years gone by and a lack of quality opportunities today.

    Jim and John Harbaugh's father was a football coach while Lovie Smith's dad was a janitor.
    This isnt a sociology class, we are trying to wins bets here at EOG.

  2. #37

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches


  3. #38

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Oh shit. Belichick is Croatian too. Fuck this I'm only betting Croatian-American coaches.

  4. #39
    joeybagadonuts
    Guest

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Someone should track rail's advice in this thread.

    I'm sure like 95% of what he says, it'll be proven wrong.


  5. #40
    EOG Dedicated
    Join Date
    Nov 30, 2009
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    4,636

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    but ...dusty baker has the cincinnati reds up +19.10 units this year

    I guess it does not work with baseball....


    ?????

  6. #41

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    This isnt a sociology class, we are trying to wins bets here at EOG.
    Touche.


  7. #42

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    RAILBIRD HAS A GOOD POINT THE BLACK MIND IS A LOT SLOWER THAN THE WHITE MINDS AND THEY CANT MAKE QUICK DECISIONS.I WILL TAKE THIS A STEP FURTHER AND I HAVE BEEN USING THIS FOR OVER 25 YEARS ALWAYS BET ON A WHITE QUARTERBACK AGAINST A BLACK QUARTERBACK THEY ARE JUST SMARTER UNDER PRESSURE

    BEANTOWNJIM IS NOT A RACIST HE IS A REALIST

  8. #43

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Jim everybody in Boston knows your not racist

    U let that big black guy (plumber T) constantly slam you in your ass. Why u think all the guys down at the club laugh at u every time u walk u.

  9. #44

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Gin View Post
    Jim everybody in Boston knows your not racist

    U let that big black guy (plumber T) constantly slam you in your ass. Why u think all the guys down at the club laugh at u every time u walk u.
    BTJ can't be racist...he also lets a white guy slam him in the rear(Lenny from Cascade)

  10. #45

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Louisville and Charlie Strong -13 - book it...

  11. #46

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    What if both coaches are black? Do you bet against the darker complected one?? LMAO...

  12. #47

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    This kind of thread might have had lots of support in the 1960s. Not that racism doesn't still exist today. But personally, I'd like to think that EOG isn't recognized as the sports forum where such ideas are not only tolerated but welcome. For me, I'd like to see threads such as this head straight to the asylum.

  13. #48
    Banned Teddy kgb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 02, 2008
    Posts
    25,242
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by jack stewart View Post
    This kind of thread might have had lots of support in the 1960s. Not that racism doesn't still exist today. But personally, I'd like to think that EOG isn't recognized as the sports forum where such ideas are not only tolerated but welcome. For me, I'd like to see threads such as this head straight to the asylum.
    I think you should hold all your dumb contest in the asylum....hahahaha

  14. #49

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Funniest post/thread of the year

    Fukk you railbird bc of you I can't stop laughing!!!

    35-14

  15. #50
    SportsOptions/Line up with the pros
    Join Date
    Sep 06, 2005
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Yeah I know I made a fortune fading Tony Dungy. Oh wait, maybe it doesn't work in the pro game?



  16. #51
    SportsOptions/Line up with the pros
    Join Date
    Sep 06, 2005
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by joeybagadonuts View Post

    I'm sure like 95% of what he says, it'll be proven wrong.

    Oh, he's gotten hot lately?


    Stewart - I agree with you 100%. I don't think it's going to happen, RB is like Kelly's favorite poster here. And I kind of enjoy Rail myself, just not on the race stuff. Strive to be a better troll, this is material of the weak-minded. You throw it out there and then several other low achieving whites enthusiastically applaud while the rest look away in shame. EOG is better than this, so is Rail, even if we don't see it all the time. Carry on gang.

  17. #52

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by jack stewart View Post
    This kind of thread might have had lots of support in the 1960s. Not that racism doesn't still exist today. But personally, I'd like to think that EOG isn't recognized as the sports forum where such ideas are not only tolerated but welcome. For me, I'd like to see threads such as this head straight to the asylum.
    Go right ahead. You're a moderator.

  18. #53
    SportsOptions/Line up with the pros
    Join Date
    Sep 06, 2005
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    I think black coaches are disadvantaged by a lack of opportunities from years gone by and a lack of quality opportunities today.

    Jim and John Harbaugh's father was a football coach while Lovie Smith's dad was a janitor.

    Exactly right, it is a factor.

    And FTR I'd rather have a black dude break in my house then a white guy. Statistically speaking the black guy is going to steal your wallet, the white guy is going to cut you and your family in a thousand pieces and eat you for dinner.

    WAR Tony Dungy!!

  19. #54
    SportsOptions/Line up with the pros
    Join Date
    Sep 06, 2005
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by KingRevolver View Post
    Go right ahead. You're a moderator.

    SWEEP THE LEG, SWEEP THE LEG!!!

  20. #55

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick McIrish View Post
    Oh, he's gotten hot lately?


    Stewart - I agree with you 100%. I don't think it's going to happen, RB is like Kelly's favorite poster here. And I kind of enjoy Rail myself, just not on the race stuff. Strive to be a better troll, this is material of the weak-minded. You throw it out there and then several other low achieving whites enthusiastically applaud while the rest look away in shame. EOG is better than this, so is Rail, even if we don't see it all the time. Carry on gang.
    Not sure about JK's love for rail. Or care. But the rest of what you said was bang on.

    I'm for free speech in a forum. Give them enough rope and the knuckheads will eventually hang themselves. And it usually doesn't take very long.

  21. #56
    SportsOptions/Line up with the pros
    Join Date
    Sep 06, 2005
    Posts
    6,131

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    I agree Bushay, I'm all for the free speech as well. And you are correct, you find out all you want about a person when you allow them to be themselves.

    The interesting thing is that internet speeds up real life about 1000X's. For example you could live next door to a racist and may never know 10 years later. Ten years on the forum (usually a matter of weeks) and you'll know all you need to know about a person.

    And it's not just race relations, you find out what people are about much quicker here then you do in real life. People are braver, plus you get a lot more interaction with a lot of different kind of people here. Err.... I'm rambling here, forgot what I was talking about, LOL.

    It sucks to get old. Carry on.

  22. #57

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches


  23. #58

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Rail is a favorite of mine too. Good handicapper, and the all-time greatest answer to a curve ball question thrown at him by John Kelly on the EOG Sports Hour radio show. And I give Rail credit for speaking his mind when others won't. Still, think EOG should be a place where everyone feels welcome including all races. Sorry, Kinger, but I help with the contests and that's it. Not my call to put any thread in the asylum.

  24. #59

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Jimmy "the Greek" Snyder was way before his time!!

  25. #60

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by dsethi View Post
    What curve ball
    Railbird made himself a -240 favorite to beat Mark Simons of SportsOptions in a one-on-one handicapping contest called The SportsOptions Showdown.

    Simons took the high road and refused to talk trash on the radio program.

    Simons then proceeded to layout his first selection of the tournament with a 10-minute analysis using player stats, coaching trends, line movement and other angles.

    When I asked Birdie if he felt he was still -240 over Simons after the detailed commentary, Railbird responded with a funny line, "I'm not -240 anymore, I'm more like -260 or -280."

  26. #61

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Railbird made himself a -240 favorite to beat Mark Simons of SportsOptions in a one-on-one handicapping contest called The SportsOptions Showdown.

    Simons took the high road and refused to talk trash on the radio program.

    Simons then proceeded to layout his first selection of the tournament with a 10-minute analysis using player stats, coaching trends, line movement and other angles.

    When I asked Birdie if he felt he was still -240 over Simons after the detailed commentary, Railbird responded with a funny line, "I'm not -240 anymore, I'm more like -260 or -280."
    Who won?

  27. #62

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    I probably did

  28. #63

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    I have gotten Pms to stop, not because of racism, but because Im giving up the state secret that its a winning angle and why wise up the dipshits, so I will stop.

  29. #64

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by HI McDonough View Post
    What if both coaches are black? Do you bet against the darker complected one?? LMAO...
    Funny. Maybe Railbird would agree it would be ok to bet on coaches like Dungy, Tubby, and Skaka Smart.

  30. #65

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Dungy,Tubby and Shaka are also White coaches. just considered Black, kind of like Tiger Woods and Obama

  31. #66

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    I have gotten Pms to stop, not because of racism, but because Im giving up the state secret that its a winning angle and why wise up the dipshits, so I will stop.
    u truly r a fckn retard..

  32. #67

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    lol

    this supposed "fact" or whatever is far from true. Compiling these coaches ats records http://diverseeducation.com/article/16294/ and leaving out Ken Niumatalolo and Mario Cristobal (because I don't think many would classify them in this category)

    you come up with an ats record of
    194-198-5 ats

    VERY PROFITABLE!!! You're giving away the secret railbird

  33. #68

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Bushay View Post
    Who won?
    Birdie won.

  34. #69

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    Quote Originally Posted by Inkwell77 View Post
    lol

    this supposed "fact" or whatever is far from true. Compiling these coaches ats records http://diverseeducation.com/article/16294/ and leaving out Ken Niumatalolo and Mario Cristobal (because I don't think many would classify them in this category)

    you come up with an ats record of
    194-198-5 ats

    VERY PROFITABLE!!! You're giving away the secret railbird
    Hmm thanks for sharing...

  35. #70
    EOG Dedicated Wade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 02, 2008
    Location
    Massachusetts
    Posts
    18,232

    Default Re: Dont forget to bet against black coaches

    need a list of college football black coaches.
    when in doubt take the dog

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •