Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: New $100 bill

  1. #1
    I am the one who knocks avonbarksdale's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 24, 2012
    Posts
    8,947

    Default New $100 bill

    They had to make a new one cuz I got all the old ones


    http://money.cnn.com/2013/04/24/news...0-dollar-bill/

  2. #2

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    I once heard it said there are more $100 bills in Las Vegas than any other city in the country.

  3. #3

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    Believe it or not North Korea is the largest counterfeiter of US $100s. It is estimated they forge over 50 million each year and the counterfeits are so good that only the mint can detect they're fake.

  4. #4

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    I hope these new bills dont ruin the taste of my cigars when I light up.
    OHAI!!!!

  5. #5
    stuck in a bad ****-tree Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 25, 2005
    Location
    "A Bush in the hand is better than two in the house"
    Posts
    9,578

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    Believe it or not North Korea is the largest counterfeiter of US $100s. It is estimated they forge over 50 million each year and the counterfeits are so good that only the mint can detect they're fake.
    The Mint doesn't make them, that would be the BEP ( Bureau of Engraving and Printing) and the secret service are the people looking at counterfeits.

  6. #6
    Banned Brock Landers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14, 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    14,409

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    surprised the focus is on 100's...20's are much more often counterfeited...many more in circulation

  7. #7

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    Why isn't Obama on it?

  8. #8

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    Quote Originally Posted by KingRevolver View Post
    Why isn't Obama on it?
    He's on the new tree fiddy bill

    88errrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

  9. #9

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    I once heard it said there are more $100 bills in Las Vegas than any other city in the country.
    I believe in the days of Saddam Hussein in Iraq, and Pablo Escobar in Columbia, they would have dwarfed the amount of hundreds in Vegas. Lets not forget that when we invaded Iraq, they found a building with $900 MILLION stashed in the walls. Wonder what ever happened to that money?

  10. #10
    stuck in a bad ****-tree Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 25, 2005
    Location
    "A Bush in the hand is better than two in the house"
    Posts
    9,578

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    Quote Originally Posted by KingRevolver View Post
    Why isn't Obama on it?
    because he is still alive ?

  11. #11

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    surprised the focus is on 100's...20's are much more often counterfeited...many more in circulation
    Serious question, are you ever right?

    The $100 bill accounts for nearly 80% of all our currency in circulation. You really love chiming in on things you know nothing about.

  12. #12
    stuck in a bad ****-tree Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 25, 2005
    Location
    "A Bush in the hand is better than two in the house"
    Posts
    9,578

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    I once heard it said there are more $100 bills in Las Vegas than any other city in the country.
    that is believable.

    What city would be #2 ?

    Most hundred dollar bills are held overseas as another poster stated.

  13. #13
    Banned Brock Landers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 14, 2006
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    14,409

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelytowin View Post
    Serious question, are you ever right?

    The $100 bill accounts for nearly 80% of all our currency in circulation. You really love chiming in on things you know nothing about.
    Why don't you check your facts dick brain

    http://www.wisdomportal.com/Currency/USCurrency.html

  14. #14
    stuck in a bad ****-tree Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 25, 2005
    Location
    "A Bush in the hand is better than two in the house"
    Posts
    9,578

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Timelytowin View Post
    Serious question, are you ever right?

    The $100 bill accounts for nearly 80% of all our currency in circulation. You really love chiming in on things you know nothing about.

    maybe in dollar value it is 80 %, I don't know off the top of my head. Certainly in number of notes singles would easily win .

    80% seems high to me. I think there would be many more 20's than 100's floating around.

    Brock could be correct that 20's are more often counterfeited, at least domestically.

  15. #15
    stuck in a bad ****-tree Doug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 25, 2005
    Location
    "A Bush in the hand is better than two in the house"
    Posts
    9,578

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Why don't you check your facts dick brain

    http://www.wisdomportal.com/Currency/USCurrency.html
    I'm not sure about the currency production figures but they are way off on coins. The number in circulation is ridiculously low in these estimates since coins can easily last 25+ years. This is bad information but you are correct in your argument with the other poster.

  16. #16

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    Quote Originally Posted by Brock Landers View Post
    Why don't you check your facts dick brain

    http://www.wisdomportal.com/Currency/USCurrency.html
    Nice site you dope. Doug 80% of currency in circulation are $100 bills - I'm clearly talking percentage of $ not bills. Regardless, the hundred is our most important bill - if there was to be one.

  17. #17

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    http://qz.com/29561/why-the-share-of...over-40-years/

    Why don't you educate yourself before spewing off bullshit with some joke of a web-site. Thanks.

    "Nearly 80% of all US currency in circulation is denominated in $100 bills. (As of June 30, 77%.)
    Seems somewhat strange doesn’t it? After all, we find remarkably few of our pockets jammed with those pesky C-notes."

    Some of us read a lot and actually retain information. Others just spew BS. I shockingly fall into the first category.

  18. #18

    Default Re: New $100 bill

    If you want to really be embarrassed, here is an article that clearly states that the most counterfeited bill is the $100 as well - which every normal, rational thinking human being would understand and assume. Not Brock though:

    http://gizmodo.com/5521284/why-you-d...s-new-100-bill

    "Although less than 1/100th of one percent of the value of all U.S. currency in circulation is reported counterfeit, the $100 note is the most widely circulated and most often counterfeited denomination"

    Weird. Brock is never right, and when he tries and corrects me he embarrasses himself. Me = Finance background. You = Scamming background. I figured you'd have a clue on counterfeiting money, I was wrong.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •