gas fill up in costa rica
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: gas fill up in costa rica

  1. #1

    Default gas fill up in costa rica

    $104.00 unfuckingbelievable
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
    -Epicurus

  2. #2
    EOG Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 28, 2013
    Location
    costa rica
    Posts
    937

    Default Re: gas fill up in costa rica

    i dont pay much attention to gas numbers , why whats going on Degen ? has it gone up by much,, least of my problems any how i suppose
    Brock and JK about to go combined 0-7 this week ,
    We all have dry spells...-Sam Odom

    Ten(10) years ain't a dry spell Cap. -Dave "The MeatMan" Scandaliato

  3. #3
    It's a conspiracy FACT! Deal With It's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 11, 2011
    Location
    Pensacola
    Posts
    4,811

    Default Re: gas fill up in costa rica

    Gas is going up everywhere, for no fucking reason, except to make the rich richer.
    I've done the math enough to know the dangers of our second guessing.

  4. #4

    Default Re: gas fill up in costa rica

    it's the taxes here. plus c.r. must import all its fuel. geologists believe there are plenty of reserves
    offshore, but, the environmentalists refuse to permit costa rica to drill for its own oil.


    besides the ticos would rather pay more then do actual work. they prefer handouts no matter what the cost. work no. pura vida, yes.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
    -Epicurus

  5. #5
    EOG Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 28, 2013
    Location
    costa rica
    Posts
    937

    Default Re: gas fill up in costa rica

    well its very hard to get someone to do a days work here..def agree
    Brock and JK about to go combined 0-7 this week ,
    We all have dry spells...-Sam Odom

    Ten(10) years ain't a dry spell Cap. -Dave "The MeatMan" Scandaliato

  6. #6

    Default Re: gas fill up in costa rica

    Quote Originally Posted by macau View Post
    well its very hard to get someone to do a days work here..def agree
    Not the case here in Thailand...they work their asses off and the average pay is around 300 baht per day....(that is around 10 bucks)....cheap labor = cheap prices
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

  7. #7

    Default Re: gas fill up in costa rica

    vd-- good to hear from you. cheap labor doesn't help when the oil is imported.
    as you know labor is cost effective here, excpt when the government demands
    the employer pay an extra 23% plus gives employees @ 10 federal holidays with
    apy double and also 1 day a month vacation with pay. they woun'l let
    you have a 4 day 10hour/day work week. anything over 8 hours a day is overtime.
    so, five days 8 hours/day okay. this is in fact why intel, bank of america and many
    others soon to leave costa rica. government hasn't a clue how to be business
    friendly. the average pay here might be @ 800/month, however, living here
    you pay @ double for anything imported. how these people survive i haven't
    a clue.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
    -Epicurus

  8. #8

    Default Re: gas fill up in costa rica

    That is pretty spendy for a tank of gas. We are only paying $3.39 a gallon where I am at. I usually put in $10 and it lasts me a week or two. I maybe drive at most 25 miles a week most of the time. Do not miss my 39 mile commute one way when I used to be a working stiff.
    It takes 2 years to learn to talk, but a lifetime to learn to shut up.

  9. #9

    Default Re: gas fill up in costa rica

    Amazing some people use stupid logic about oil being "imported" as meaning something. Guess what, oil costs the same in Venezuela, its a world market which sets the price. The government there then subsidizes the living shit out of it. Probably costs about 3-5 pennies a barrel to ship it to CR from there. If the CR government provided the same subsidies and didn't tax oil you'd have nice cheap prices.

  10. #10
    EOG Addicted
    Join Date
    Feb 28, 2013
    Location
    costa rica
    Posts
    937

    Default Re: gas fill up in costa rica

    i would have thought oil /gasoline be way cheaper in Venezuela as they are one of the largest producers in the world....

    anyway costa rica has gone out of control for pricing on goods and services- must be very hard for locals ...
    Brock and JK about to go combined 0-7 this week ,
    We all have dry spells...-Sam Odom

    Ten(10) years ain't a dry spell Cap. -Dave "The MeatMan" Scandaliato

  11. #11

    Default Re: gas fill up in costa rica

    Quote Originally Posted by Right Move View Post
    Amazing some people use stupid logic about oil being "imported" as meaning something. Guess what, oil costs the same in Venezuela, its a world market which sets the price. The government there then subsidizes the living shit out of it. Probably costs about 3-5 pennies a barrel to ship it to CR from there. If the CR government provided the same subsidies and didn't tax oil you'd have nice cheap prices.
    exactly what i'm saying. costa rica taxes the shit out of everything here, yet the infrastructure is in another era, and worse the people don't give a shit as long as they their rice and beans cheap and free medicine. by the way the wait for the something serious here can be months or years--you'll most likely get sicker and die before much needed surgery. fucking pura vida my ass.
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
    -Epicurus

  12. #12

    Default Re: gas fill up in costa rica

    Quote Originally Posted by degengambler63 View Post
    exactly what i'm saying. costa rica taxes the shit out of everything here, yet the infrastructure is in another era, and worse the people don't give a shit as long as they their rice and beans cheap and free medicine. by the way the wait for the something serious here can be months or years--you'll most likely get sicker and die before much needed surgery. fucking pura vida my ass.
    You pretty much described gringo life in every country in Latin America. I lived in Mexico for 10 months and got a kick out of people thinking nothing about paying $7 tolls for essentially a 15 mile road. Mexico is a major oil producer and the price of gasoline is the same or a little more than in the US and yet free roads are for crap. Just like the Ticos everyone with a US visa goes more to shop than anything because taxes make it so expensive for consumer goods you could just fill a suitcase and sell shit when you get home and pay for your trip.

  13. #13

    Default Re: gas fill up in costa rica

    Quote Originally Posted by Right Move View Post
    You pretty much described gringo life in every country in Latin America. I lived in Mexico for 10 months and got a kick out of people thinking nothing about paying $7 tolls for essentially a 15 mile road. Mexico is a major oil producer and the price of gasoline is the same or a little more than in the US and yet free roads are for crap. Just like the Ticos everyone with a US visa goes more to shop than anything because taxes make it so expensive for consumer goods you could just fill a suitcase and sell shit when you get home and pay for your trip.
    many who work in sports books do just that!!!!
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?
    -Epicurus

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •