For those trashing the Bears and their win... (Cutler bashers too) - Page 3
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: For those trashing the Bears and their win... (Cutler bashers too)

Default Re: For those trashing the Bears and their win... (Cutler bashers too)

Lets definitely re-visit this thread in a couple months.
    The less you bet, the more you lose when you win.

if you don't like cocky and arrogant I guess you must have hated McMahon

Quote Originally Posted by blueline View Post
    plug manning into the offense the Bears had the recent years and you would have had to scrape manning up off the turf

?
    Manning would get rid of the ball in 2 seconds. He wouldn't hold the ball for 10 seconds waiting to see which guy he can throw to 35 yards down the field (WR or CB, take your pick)

Bears O-line has been poor, but doesn't help when you have a QB that's always trying to make something out of nothing every other play.

Quote Originally Posted by ttaylor89 View Post
    Everyone that claims their QB is a top 10 can say "Get our QB an O-line that will give him all the time in the world, and he'll be better" Then you have guys that are the Elite QB's like Manning and he needs 2 seconds and knows exactly where the ball is going. Cutler is 10X the athlete of Manning, better arm, mobile....But why is manning the elite QB that he is? He knows what he has and doesn't try to go for the homerun play 10X a game.

Plug the top 10 QB's in with this bears team and they'd "wow" you with their stats and the bears would be in the playoffs every single season. Even with that defense.
    This is funny! Did you see last year's superbowl? Plug Cutler in place of Manning and Denver may have won. We will never know. Again in 2010 cutler led the Bears to the Conference title and NFC Championship game. In 2011 he was on his way to other conference championship. Bears were 7-3, Cutler gets hurt; missing next 5 games. Bears finished 8-8. 2012 Cutler led Bears finish 10-6. Taylor you crack me up. Open mouth and insert foot.

?
    Manning would get rid of the ball in 2 seconds. He wouldn't hold the ball for 10 seconds waiting to see which guy he can throw to 35 yards down the field (WR or CB, take your pick)
    the foundation of the Martz offense was the 7 step drop, add in literally the worst offensive line in the league and receivers who didn't run the correct routes and Manning would have been broken in half

if you don't like cocky and arrogant I guess you must have hated McMahon
    I was 10 when the Bears won that Super Bowl with Mcmahon but I don't recall people ever thinking he was an elite qb.

Quote Originally Posted by richsox24 View Post
    I was 10 when the Bears won that Super Bowl with Mcmahon but I don't recall people ever thinking he was an elite qb.
    McMahon was smart and fearless not to mention cocky and arrogant
    who is claiming Cutler is elite or top 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrunner View Post
    This is funny! Did you see last year's superbowl? Plug Cutler in place of Manning and Denver may have won. We will never know. Again in 2010 cutler led the Bears to the Conference title and NFC Championship game. In 2011 he was on his way to other conference championship. Bears were 7-3, Cutler gets hurt; missing next 5 games. Bears finished 8-8. 2012 Cutler led Bears finish 10-6. Taylor you crack me up. Open mouth and insert foot.

Plug Cutler back into Denvers team last year and they don't make the playoffs...so who cares about the superbowl.

Plug Manning into last years bears team and they are in the superbowl!

Cutler is a middle of the pack QB. Has every physical trait of being a great (top 5) QB, has all the weapons he needs to be a top 5 QB, doesn't have a great O-line, doesn't have a brain.

Plug any of the "top 10" QB's in the bears system now, and they'd be 3-0 and likely be leading the NFL in every offensive category.

Is this thread about Elite QB'S? I thought it was about playoff wins? Btw I'll pay you the $30 next week.

Is this thread about Elite QB'S? I thought it was about playoff wins? Btw I'll pay you the $300 next week.
    Corrected it for ya.

McMahon was smart and fearless not to mention cocky and arrogant
    who is claiming Cutler is elite or top 5?

I don't think anyone is. I think it's probably agreed upon that his average rank among this forum would be around 10-15, right in the middle of the pack.

Any of the top 5 Qb's would be putting up huge numbers with this offensive system, even with the weak O-line.
    Probably around 40tds and 10 INTs.

Cutler will probably be about 25 and 14 this year, marking his best TD/INT ratio EVER. That's pretty damn good. Expecting big numbers from him this year.

To be honest I expected 40Tds and 4,000+ yds from him with all these weapons....He's chucking the ball this year, but taking the offense nowhere it seems. Didn't realize it was 5th in the league in Attempts.

I don't think anyone is. I think it's probably agreed upon that his average rank among this forum would be around 10-15, right in the middle of the pack.

Any of the top 5 Qb's would be putting up huge numbers with this offensive system, even with the weak O-line.
    Probably around 40tds and 10 INTs.

Cutler will probably be about 25 and 14 this year, marking his best TD/INT ratio EVER. That's pretty damn good. Expecting big numbers from him this year.

To be honest I expected 40Tds and 4,000+ yds from him with all these weapons....He's chucking the ball this year, but taking the offense nowhere it seems. Didn't realize it was 5th in the league in Attempts.

I know I'm being redundant, but sometimes it's needed. Cutler's resume with Bears 2010-2012:

2010 - 10-4 as started. Led team to Division Championship, 2nd round win over Seattle, lost conference championship to eventual Super Bowl Champs Green Bay.

2011 - On his way to leading Bears to another Division Championship. Injured after compiling a 7-3 record. Missing next 5 games all loses. Bears end season at .500 "8-8". 1-5 after Cutler's injury.

2012 - Led Bears to 10-6 record. Had same record as 2 other playoffs teams "Minnesota and Washington. Lost tiebreaker to Minnesota. Didn't make playoffs.

I think this 3 year stretch is way above average. And keep in mind that Cutler was the key cog in the Bears offense. Where as some winning teams rely on the QB to not lose the game, have conservative game plans because the defense is so good. Remember when Tebow won a playoff game with Denver. Why was Denver so good that year. Mainly because their defense carried the team, Tebow and Orton ran a very conservative offense. Just saying.

Might want to chjeck your facts. When Orton and Tebow led them to the playoffs and won a game in the playoffs (something Cutler couldn't do the previous 3 years), they ranked 24th in defense, only better than 8 teams.

Category Value NFL rank
    Total yards 357.8 YPG 13th
    Rushing yards 126.3 YPG 22nd
    Passing yards 231.5 YPG 15th
    Yards per play 5.4 16th
    Scoring 24.4 PPG 24th
    Pass completions 333/534 (.624) 23rd
    Third downs 73/218 (.335) 27th
    Sacks 41 T-10th
    Forced fumbles 11 T-26th
    Interceptions 9 T-28th

I know I'm being redundant, but sometimes it's needed. Cutler's resume with Bears 2010-2012:

2010 - 10-4 as started. Led team to Division Championship, 2nd round win over Seattle, lost conference championship to eventual Super Bowl Champs Green Bay.

2011 - On his way to leading Bears to another Division Championship. Injured after compiling a 7-3 record. Missing next 5 games all loses. Bears end season at .500 "8-8". 1-5 after Cutler's injury.

2012 - Led Bears to 10-6 record. Had same record as 2 other playoffs teams "Minnesota and Washington. Lost tiebreaker to Minnesota. Didn't make playoffs.

I think this 3 year stretch is way above average. And keep in mind that Cutler was the key cog in the Bears offense. Where as some winning teams rely on the QB to not lose the game, have conservative game plans because the defense is so good. Remember when Tebow won a playoff game with Denver. Why was Denver so good that year. Mainly because their defense carried the team, Tebow and Orton ran a very conservative offense. Just saying.

What did cutler do to win those games? Put up massive PPG? Put up massive offensive numbers? Winning games isn't on one person, when you're talking stats and how good a player is, then you can single out that person. People say Lebron sucks, because he can't win championships, no that just means his teams suck, check his stats, they say he's pretty damn good.

Check cutlers stats, they say he's pretty damn mediocre.

But with Cutler being the key cog in the stellar bears offense
    2012 offensive rank - 28th in yds per game
    2011 offensive rank - 24th in yds per game
    2010 offensive rank - 30th in yds per game

I know the defense was absolute shit those years too, so how in the world were the bears winning those games? I think devin hester had more TD returns than cutler had passing, so we'll say the special teams led the team to victory in most of those games.

Might want to chjeck your facts. When Orton and Tebow led them to the playoffs and won a game in the playoffs (something Cutler couldn't do the previous 3 years), they ranked 24th in defense, only better than 8 teams.

Category Value NFL rank
    Total yards 357.8 YPG 13th
    Rushing yards 126.3 YPG 22nd
    Passing yards 231.5 YPG 15th
    Yards per play 5.4 16th
    Scoring 24.4 PPG 24th
    Pass completions 333/534 (.624) 23rd
    Third downs 73/218 (.335) 27th
    Sacks 41 T-10th
    Forced fumbles 11 T-26th
    Interceptions 9 T-28th
    You really are delusional. Firstoff the year we're discussing is 2011. 2 of the previous 3 years Cutler was on the Bears, so obviously Cutler couldn't lead Denver to the playoffs in 2010 & 2009. Nor did Orton or Tebow. With this being said posting the defensive stats is once again very misleading on your part. Any football fan with a good memory remembers that miracle 8-8 season Tebow had. Anyfan with a good memory remembers how conservative Denver offense was. I could give 2 shits about your stats, way too many intangibles involved. Below is a stretch of 8 games that Tebow started after Orton started the first 4 or 5 games. Denver was 7-1 in this stretch. They finished 8-8. Please analyse the results and try and remember how lucky some of the wins were. I'll refresh your memory about Denver's 13-10 OT victory over the Bears. Bears had the game won, all they needed to do was take 3 knees but instead they gave the ball to Marion Barber who promptly ran out of bounds, stopping clock and give Denver new life. Denver got the ball back, kicked a game tying FG and won in OT.

8 game stretch below please analyse and remember wins:

Sun, Oct 23 Tebow 161 McGahee 76 Willis 42
    8 Sun, Oct 30 Tebow 172 Moreno 69 Decker 72
    9 Sun, Nov 6 Tebow 124 McGahee 163 Decker 47
    10 Sun, Nov 13 Tebow 69 Ball 96 Decker 56
    11 Thu, Nov 17 Tebow 104 Tebow 68 Thomas 37
    12 Sun, Nov 27 Tebow 143 McGahee 117 Decker 65
    13 Sun, Dec 4 Tebow 202 McGahee 111 Thomas 144
    14 Sun, Dec 11 Tebow 236 Tebow 49 Thomas 78

Every win was the result of a damn good defense, conservative offense or touchdown jesus. Fuck your stats! Fuck the $300 I owe you. I'm done!

Lets definitely re-visit this thread in a couple months.
    all you had to do was revisit it in a week

are the bears still super bowl contenders? amazing how many people thought they had already won the division last week.

same old bears, same old cutler

the bears still suck

Dammit mike...always taking the spotlight away from me. I wanted to bump the thread.

Dammit mike...always taking the spotlight away from me. I wanted to bump the thread.
    YOU 2 SHOULD GET A ROOM WITH THAT FAG CLAY MATTHEWS

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERMAN 23 View Post
    YOU 2 SHOULD GET A ROOM WITH THAT FAG CLAY MATTHEWS
    we tried getting a room in chicago but they are all booked full of cutler's junk suckers

at least now we won't have to hear any more of this ridiculousness about how nobody in the nfl is a better qb than cutler. that wouldn't even be true if everyone chucked interceptions when they're behind and has a locker room full of teammates that hate their guts.

the bears ran the ball at will, for 235 yards on 5.7 yards/carry, and still lost by 3 touchdowns because cutler is so horrible. he even fumbled 2 snaps that could've easily been turnovers

it's laughable that someone is trying to blame Cutler but I'm not surprised

it's laughable that someone is trying to blame Cutler but I'm not surprised
    you're right, cutler played a great 2nd half

7 for 13, 83 yards, 2 interceptions (almost 3). 0 points scored

i'm just busting balls to the guys claiming there was no better qb in the nfl than cutler

Quote Originally Posted by milwaukeemike View Post
    you're right, cutler played a great 2nd half

7 for 13, 83 yards, 2 interceptions (almost 3). 0 points scored

i'm just busting balls to the guys claiming there was no better qb in the nfl than cutler
    point out where I said he played a great 2nd half

point out where I said he played a great 2nd half
    i apologize for whatever i said that made you upset

you're right, i'm wrong. it's laughable that anyone would blame cutler.

apology accepted

Packers played excellent on offense, Bears secondary graded out as D-...................Cutler played below average, but not horrible, and certainly was not the main reasoning for the Bears humble beating by the 13-time NFL champion Packers.
    ​STAY FOCUSED

at least Cutler moved up a rung on the best QB ladder this week

bump

Bears up 3 with the ball and 7 min left. Cutler over throws receiver, interception (2nd of game) returned to Chicago 30. Turning point of the game. Game over.

how dare you richsox!

another horrible 2nd half by cutler but none of it was his fault! lol

every qb in the nfl throws 2 picks and fumbles after they have a 2 td lead don't they?...what a choker

bad throw by Cutler thats on him
    horrible special teams
    Forte fumbles
    some missed blocks downfield
    somehow they don't want to cover Olsen

all adds up to a bad loss

he screwed up but if you want to pin it all on him....

blueline, have you heard the same thing that i have, that the offensive linemen hate cutler and have no interest in protecting him? they aren't going to make themselves look bad, but it doesn't really seem like they're playing 100%...

last 4 plays of the game
    - incomplete pass
    - sack
    - incomplete pass
    - sack, fumble

haven't heard that yet but I'll keep my ears open for it
    overall the protection has been pretty good this year it's the run blocking that's been bad
    he deserves his share of the blame but there were so many things wrong with today's game that i think that are a few ahead of him in that line

oh absolutely blueline. back when the bears had urlacher and those dominant defenses they would've never blown 14 point leads like this.

2 separate people have mentioned that to me about the locker room, makes sense. i watch redzone and the only game where the qb had absolutely no protection late was the bears. 3 and 4 man rushes and they are still right on top of him at times.

go to the 3:50 mark and tell me what you see. 4 man rush, and all 4 guys are on cutler IMMEDIATELY. not a single one was blocked. and then on the final play, 2 of the 4 get to cutler right away...

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-h...ers-highlights

This game was lost in the 2nd quarter when the defense went into some soft -shell kind of defense. You had basically a one-legged QB with no running backs and one main weapon in Olsen and the heat was turned off. The analyst pointed it out during the game and it's been a point of criticism post-game

In the highlights from the link you posted on the 2nd down play for a sack Slauson got smoked it's his first game back from injury and he was mostly bad all day
    The final play the right side of the defense did a line stunt that looks like it completely confused the offensive line

I'm not saying you're wrong about the dissension but I'm not going there yet. Definitely will pay closer attention to see signs of it the road.
    Invariably Cutler will make a mistake at some point and this team is just not good enough to overcome them on most days.

fair enough blueline

but on that final play, there was max protection. 7 guys blocking 4 and 2 of the 4 were on cutler immediately. so apparently it takes 7 bears to block 2 guys for even a second lol

Kerry pretty silent lately.