Whoever wins the #1 overall in NBA is getting a Lebron/Durant hybrid

Thread: Whoever wins the #1 overall in NBA is getting a Lebron/Durant hybrid

Default Whoever wins the #1 overall in NBA is getting a Lebron/Durant hybrid

If the NBA does truly rig this, we'll find out now. Would be very good for the NBA for Simmons to go to the Lakers.

EOG Senior Member

Default Re: Whoever wins the #1 overall in NBA is getting a Lebron/Durant hybrid

that's why Lakers need to slow down on the wins now, can't slip out of bottom 3 to keep their pick. at least they've got no more gimme's against the Sixers.

if the Lakers can somehow land Simmons and a stud FA, maybe Jeanie Buss can get someone like Thibodeau to L.A.

Default Re: Whoever wins the #1 overall in NBA is getting a Lebron/Durant hybrid

Simmons is as good as advertised.

His dad grew up in New York but Ben was born in Australia.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

So does Philly tank next year?

Sharp thread

EOG's 'sharpest' poster is ready to call Simmons' career before his first NBA game.

Impressive mind. Truly an asset to this community

I'll go ahead and call that he won't be a LeBron/Durant hybrid, yes. Far out on a limb I know. Scary out here.

Quote Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
    I'll go ahead and call that he won't be a LeBron/Durant hybrid, yes. Far out on a limb I know. Scary out here.

Ah okay, so you're calling it. Let me check some of your last predictions...

Oh... you're wrong on all of them. Ouch.

A couple of years ago I attended a bunch of HS games down the street when this kid Marvin Bagley was a 6-10 freshman. In all my years of watching HS sports I've never seen anything like this kid. I predict he will be the next big thing in the NBA to take over from Lebron. At 6-10 he runs the floor with the ball top speed, passes like an elite point guard--has a smooth outside shot and hits 3's like Durant, has incredible leaping skills and his dunks are awesome.

Marvin Bagley, class of 2018, I'll remember the name.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    he

he is in socal now

He had like 30 yesterday in the drew league Vs derozan

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    A couple of years ago I attended a bunch of HS games down the street when this kid Marvin Bagley was a 6-10 freshman. In all my years of watching HS sports I've never seen anything like this kid. I predict he will be the next big thing in the NBA to take over from Lebron. At 6-10 he runs the floor with the ball top speed, passes like an elite point guard--has a smooth outside shot and hits 3's like Durant, has incredible leaping skills and his dunks are awesome.

Bol bol and bagley are number 1 and 2 picks in 2 years

EOG Dedicated

Too lazy to look it up, but wasn't there a Marvin Bagley who played in the NBA many years ago, he was a journeyman who played college ball at BC if I remember correctly
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

A follow up on Bagley. He's going to be a SR this year. A couple of weeks ago ESPN did a story on him saying he'd have been the first pick of this years draft as a JR and that he's the best NBA prospect in over ten years. It's funny when I watched him as a freshman it was totally obvious he'd become the first overall pick. The talent was absolutely mind blowing.

Just now catching up on Marvin Bagley Jr.

He's the #1 pick of all the 2019 mock drafts.

I'm eager to see how the betting market approaches the arrival of Michael Porter to Missouri.

A great player heading to a subpar program.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Too lazy to look it up, but wasn't there a Marvin Bagley who played in the NBA many years ago, he was a journeyman who played college ball at BC if I remember correctly
    i don't know if there's a relation or not. I do know Bagleys grandfather , Jumping Joe Caldwell, was a legend in his day.

EOG Dedicated

i don't know if there's a relation or not. I do know Bagleys grandfather , Jumping Joe Caldwell, was a legend in his day.
    I just looked him up, the guy I was thinking of was John Bagley, I'm sure there's no relation to Marvin
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

Just now catching up on Marvin Bagley Jr.

He's the #1 pick of all the 2019 mock drafts.

I'm eager to see how the betting market approaches the arrival of Michael Porter to Missouri.

A great player heading to a subpar program.

Traditionally the player won't make much of an impact. He there to stay healthy and will most likely withdraw from school as soon as the season is over like Simmons.

Here's the list of players I can remember that went to average programs as top recruits.

Kevin Durant
    OJ Mayo
    Michael Beasley
    Derrick Favors
    Bradley Beal
    Ben Simmons
    Jaylen Brown
    Markelle Fultz

Go bet those Duke futures. Bagley is going to average 24 and 10. If they lose next year it will be because of the coaching

Or injuries

Just about everyone had Bagley going to USC. Don't know why he's re-classifying and foregoing his senior year. It's not like Duke doesn't have a top 5 recruiting class every year. I get why Porter did it. He wants to play along side his brother at Mizzou who'll be 1 and done.

Looking forward to seeing how Bagley does on the big stage tonight. Keep in mind he's supposed to be a HS senior right now. Two years ago when I watched him as a 14 year old at Tempe Corona Del Sol my buddies and I predicted he'd be the first pick of the draft when he came out, his talent was that jaw dropping.

SportsOptions/Line up with the pros

This is ten percent luck
    Twenty percent skill
    Fifteen percent concentrated power of will
    Five percent pleasure
    Fifty percent pain
    And a hundred percent reason to remember the name

Simmons v. Ball tonight. It's early but the talent differential is obvious.