Michael Conforto - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Michael Conforto

EOG Dedicated

Default Re: Michael Conforto

Quote Originally Posted by bookbraker View Post
    when are you planning on sending the money to john kelly Javey?
    let brock hold the money......

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL. No fucking shit he sat against lefties last year after his call-up, dipshit. Nobody said he didn't.

It says in the first sentence of that ESPN article that the Mets do not see Conforto as a platoon player. He starts against lefties. He is not a platoon player.

Words have meaning, counselor.

Quote Originally Posted by GusGreenbaum View Post

It's 2016, dipshit. Michael Conforto is not a platoon player. He starts against lefties.

The Mets have always envisioned Conforto as a full-time player.
    http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/bas...aight-platoon/

This quote from your manager was April 8 of 2016... Since that point, Conforto has gone 3-11 against lefties with a .606 OPS.

So to be clear, your manager called Michael Conforto a platoon player on April 8th, but you think him going 3-11 against lefties with a .606 OPS is going to make Michael Conforto not a platoon player in your manager's eyes?

Sorry, Gussy Poo the Jew, you're wrong again and you should probably face it. Michael Conforto is called a platoon player by your own manager, the guy who you know, fills out the lineup cards.

Quote Originally Posted by GusGreenbaum View Post
    LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL. No fucking shit he sat against lefties last year after his call-up, dipshit. Nobody said he didn't.

It says in the first sentence of that ESPN article that the Mets do not see Conforto as a platoon player. He starts against lefties. He is not a platoon player.

Words have meaning, counselor.
    http://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/bas...aight-platoon/

So what would you make of this quote from your acting manager in 2016 that calls Michael Conforto a platoon player? These words, do they have any meaning?

Mets Manager: "Michael Conforto will not start against lefties in NL parks. We're trying to win games, not develop people."

Gussy Poo the Jew: "Michael Conforto is not a platoon player!!!!"

Jeez, I don't know who to believe.

It seems pretty clear that Conforto is a platoon with Lagares. Doesn't take a genius to figure it out. Good for him, he hits right handed pitching well. Maybe he'll develop into an every day starter one day.

here's a fun wager idea for you goofballs

and it doesn't involve personal info

Met face a lefty in MadBum tomorrow

Does Conforto get the start tomorrow?

it is a sunday get away day and a traditional day to rest starters, and Bumgarner being a historically hard lefty to hit even lefty regular stars might get a day off from a manager in a situation like this. But Conforto is a hot bat.

I'd set that line at

Yes Conforto Starts +130
    No he rides the bench -145

cespedes is a bit banged up so maybe he gets the day off

I'm just saying, if he's not a platoon player, why is the Mets manager saying he is, and even adding to it by saying now is not the time to develop people but to win games. Sure seems like he's saying that he'd rather have Lagares in the lineup against lefties than Conforto.

Make the bet Javy! Worst case you can always charge back some books to recoup a loss

nothing wrong with being a young lefty player that is considered platoon.

might mean you miss 2-3 starts a month

Kyle Schwarber is....er was an awesome young lefty platoon player.

sorta... he can't really play a position to platoon at

Schwarber did face lefties last year though. 56 at bats. Didn't have much success, but let them face him.

Mets are going the other way with Conforto... not letting him see lefties last year, maybe they think he is a fragile little girl and can't handle the struggles? who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by JavyBaez9 View Post
    cespedes is a bit banged up so maybe he gets the day off

I'm just saying, if he's not a platoon player, why is the Mets manager saying he is, and even adding to it by saying now is not the time to develop people but to win games. Sure seems like he's saying that he'd rather have Lagares in the lineup against lefties than Conforto.
    people do evolve though

I mean, he seemed to want Conforto in there to win the game win he started vs the last Lefty pitcher that started against them..

he came through too

http://espn.go.com/mlb/boxscore?gameId=360426121

Everybody has flaws Javy. Conforto struggles with lefties, JavyBaez9 stiffed SBR poster Grizz for thousands of dollars. Nobody is perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Ronaldo View Post
    Everybody has flaws Javy. Conforto struggles with lefties, JavyBaez9 stiffed SBR poster Grizz for thousands of dollars. Nobody is perfect
    Do you have any proof of that or just a made up SBR story for hits?

Young people don't always surround themselves with the best role models. Conforto is in a locker room with some old juicers, and you willingly go to Cubs games with Brock Landers. Who can judge?

Young people don't always surround themselves with the best role models. Conforto is in a locker room with some old juicers, and you willingly go to Cubs games with Brock Landers. Who can judge?
    And you're a grown man that ghosts on an gambling forum and runs your mouth but refuses to ever back it up with a wager.

I guess I see your point. Your mother would surgely put a pistol in her mouth if she saw what you've developed into. All that hard work for that? SMH.

I think I see why you admire Arrieta so much. He lies and tells people he's never used steroids, and you lie and tell a forum of internet strangers that you are a good looking athletic whiz kid who's employed.

I think I see why you admire Arrieta so much. He lies and tells people he's never used steroids, and you lie and tell a forum of internet strangers that you are a good looking athletic whiz kid who's employed.
    Ronaldo, you spend more time on this forum obsessed with me than I spend on this forum.

Does that not make you look in the mirror? How do you justify the sunk cost of that? Being obsessed with a total stranger?

Ronaldo, let's be honest... you think about me somewhere between 50-200 times per day. It's insanely creepy and 100% not arguable.

Javy, be honest with us here, how many times a day does that hook nose bump your computer screen?

Ronaldo, be honest with us here, you're a step away from downing a bottle of pills and checking out of your life and the only thing that gets you through the day is trolling a stranger you've never met.

Since I know this is 100% the case, I actually feel sorry for you. I hope you see a shrink before you decide to kill yourself.

Any more million dollar stock tips?

Any more million dollar stock tips?
    I'll make you an easier deal for you Ronny. I bet I can go 2 weeks without posting on this forum. Do you think you can manage that? Let's try it and see. Deal?

I bet you can't little guy

I bet you can't little guy
    So let's make a deal. If either of us fails, they never post again, on their account or any other ghost accounts.

Starting now. Good luck, sunshine.

So let's make a deal. If either of us fails, they never post again, on their account or any other ghost accounts.

Starting now. Good luck, sunshine.
    Come on brother- what else are you going to do to fill your Sat nights. Plus, you're a little bitch, and always need to get the last word.

Javy, tell us that story about how the umpire could not call your curve ball a strike because it was so good.
    that one is a favorite of the forum
    Don't wake up in a roadside ditch

Quote Originally Posted by lap18 View Post
    Javy, tell us that story about how the umpire could not call your curve ball a strike because it was so good.
    that one is a favorite of the forum

It's too bad Javey couldn't get himself a date tonight.......or every night for that matter. Instead, he fights with everyone on an internet gambling forum over his hatred for the Mets. It's sad really.

Have you adjusted your tinder app lately? There has to be some guy or gal in the murder capital of the country just your type.
    I'm smarter than you. By a wide margin. You know it's true too is the funny thing about our interactions.----JaveyBaezBum

I'll make you an easier deal for you Ronny. I bet I can go 2 weeks without posting on this forum. Do you think you can manage that? Let's try it and see. Deal?
    I'll chip in! Let's start a fundraiser!

EOG Enthusiast

2 weeks? Why not make it 2 months?!

Please?

EOG Dedicated

I wish this bet started (and went) a whole lot longer.

I kind of enjoy seeing what new anti- Met vitriol Javy comes up with. He obviously enjoys getting a rise out of the rest of the EOG posters.

And yes, Conforto can rake.

Conforto batting 3rd against Bumgarner.

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

Why wouldn't they play Contorto against MB? He will have to hit lefties at some point. Obviously the guy is on a roll.