Goff

Thread: Goff

Default Goff

Has there been a #1 Qb pick that didn't start GM1 reg season? I think even Carr & Russell started GM1....
    The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

Default Re: Goff

Regarding JaMarcus Russell, From Wikipedia:

After failing to reach a contract agreement with the Raiders, Russell held out through training camp and into the first week of the 2007 NFL season, until September 12, when he signed a six-year contract worth up to $68 million, with $31.5 million guaranteed.[14]
    Raiders head coach Lane Kiffin did not immediately name Russell a starter, saying, "That way we can really control what he is doing, play for this set amount of time for this many plays. He doesn't have to have everything mastered," noting that Russell had missed all of training camp and other quarterbacks, like David Carr, should have been brought along more slowly.[15]

Russell made his first professional appearance on December 2, 2007 against the Denver Broncos. Coming into the game in the second quarter in relief of starter Josh McCown, Russell played two series, and completed 4 of 7 pass attempts for 56 yards.[16]
    On December 23, 2007 against the Jacksonville Jaguars, Russell threw his first career touchdown pass, a 2-yard pass to Zach Miller. He finished the game with seven completions on 23 pass attempts for 83 yards, with one touchdown pass, three interceptions and a lost fumble.[17]
    Russell made his first career start in the final game of the season against the San Diego Chargers.

You make a good point heim. I can't think of one.

Eventus stultorum magister NowshesmyRuca's Avatar

Smart move. They have a more than respectful QB in Case Keenum. No reason to rush the process and take a chance at setting the kid back.
    Clowns make me laugh! :+textinb3

Something about Goff's look and body language rubs me the wrong way.

Not sure the pretty boy is going to be able to lead an NFL locker room.

We get the Rams games here on the WB net thru LA CBS affiliate. Sometimes you see flashes like with DEN Lynch. He hasn't shown one series where he can lead a team to a score. Even Manziel showed something in preseason albeit not a high #1.

Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    Has there been a #1 Qb pick that didn't start GM1 reg season? I think even Carr & Russell started GM1....
    Eli Manning
    Carson Palmer
    Alex Smith.
    3 in a row.
    Goff reeks of mediocrity. Don't see anything special there, and he's with Mr Mediocrity in Fisher, to ensure his mediocrity.

Bad sign if Goff can't beat out Keenum. That means there are like 50 qb's in the league better than him.

In a deeper QB draft, Goff would have been a 3rd-rounder.

EOG Dedicated

Alex Smith I think started only due to injury. Nolan soured on him. Only started 9 games rookie year 1 TD and double digit INT's though don't remember how many

Maybe not #1 but how bout was it A Hunt Cincy drafted like fourth who was a Jamarcus train wreck as well

I have to disagree with you guys. Goff throws one helluva ball. And John there's been one pretty boy after another who have excelled at the position. See Aaron Rodgers. Goff > Wentz and I'm an eagles fan.

the way there are injuries to QB in the league or based on QB struggles we'll be able to see soon what he has to offer

Goff's stats from yesterday's game should have included an interception.

Just like there are dropped passes, there are also dropped interceptions.

Goff's QB rating last night was 45.5.

Quote Originally Posted by miggytoddbest View Post
    Alex Smith I think started only due to injury. Nolan soured on him. Only started 9 games rookie year 1 TD and double digit INT's though don't remember how many

Maybe not #1 but how bout was it A Hunt Cincy drafted like fourth who was a Jamarcus train wreck as well
    Tim Rattay started SF 1st game when Alex Smith was drafted #1 Overall. Akilli Smith is the Cinn QB you're thinking of. Drafted #3 Overall, was a horror show.

Yeah, Guesser. Akili Smith held out and killed his own career.

Ha....even Wentz starting opener. Lynch at DEN backup probably starting by WK4-5. Goff holding clipboard unless injury.

Fisher & company must know something no one else does because if there ever was a time to replace Keenum it's now but Case still starting.

Goff must be painfully bad in practice. Hard knocks seemed to try and protect him, think there was a lot we did not get to see. But it was clear that he was struggling with just learning how to call a play in the huddle. Just did not seem too bright. First example was when the multi millionaire rookie bought fans for just the offense, and no one else.

Eventus stultorum magister NowshesmyRuca's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Heim View Post
    Fisher & company must know something no one else does because if there ever was a time to replace Keenum it's now but Case still starting.
    Fisher has never had an eye for talent. He's another one that the game has passed by.
    Clowns make me laugh! :+textinb3

Quote Originally Posted by Jb777 View Post
    I have to disagree with you guys. Goff throws one helluva ball. And John there's been one pretty boy after another who have excelled at the position. See Aaron Rodgers. Goff > Wentz and I'm an eagles fan.

Yeah but Aaron Rodgers had the Discount Double Check going for him.

Goff may get his chance next week vs Miami:

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...back-next-week

How did Goff look in his first game?, ....I didn't get to see a single play.

CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG TD LNG INT FUM QBR RAT
    2016 Regular Season 17 31 134 54.8 4.32 0 21 0 0 53.7 65.8
    Career 17 31 134 54.8 4.32 0 21 0 0 - 65.8
    Projected 27 50 214 54.8 4.32 0 21 0 0 53.7 65.8

They goofed on Goff....

Bigger and better version than last year? Looked good one and only drive for a TD. Let's see if working with former mlber Tom House over the spring pays off.
    The art of learning is learning who to ignore ~LeAnn Rimes

Following tonight's game, Goff was highly complimentary of his new head coach, Sean McVay.

Quote Originally Posted by John Kelly View Post
    Following tonight's game, Goff was highly complimentary of his new head coach, Sean McVay.
    Not sold on Goff, but at least the Rams finally have a legit #1 WR in Sammy Watkins. If Goff's got any game, the improved Offensive Coach and Watkins will help bring it out of him.

a 6th rounder picked 1 overall. I don't miss.