Javy Baez: One of Baseball's Most Underrated Players - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Javy Baez: One of Baseball's Most Underrated Players

EOG Dedicated

Default Re: Javy Baez: One of Baseball's Most Underrated Players

javy's been busy with the ladies on tinder. this is his latest conquest....

baez sucks, swings at lots of trash, put in Shawrber

Quote Originally Posted by railbird View Post
    baez sucks, swings at lots of trash, put in Shawrber
    Baez would be a good DF (designated fielder)

Kerry nailed another one

Quote Originally Posted by GusGreenbaum View Post
    Javy, if you're really at Wrigley for this game like you claimed, why are you spending your time on EOG ghosting?

Sad!
    Sad!

Just finished a 16 team league draft, 20 rounds....

Baez and Heyward went undrafted
    Everyone dies......but not everyone lives.....

Quote Originally Posted by Viejo Dinosaur View Post

I guess the question then becomes whether you want fantasy players or players that help you win championships...

Also, why would a player that doesn't have an every day position be drafted in fantasy when it doesn't reward the fact he's maybe the best defensive infielder in baseball?

What is Heyward's excuse?

What is Heyward's excuse?
    He's an above average offensive hitter in his career that had a terrible 2016 season, and again, fantasy doesn't reward defense, and Heyward is unquestionably the best defensive right fielder in baseball.

I'll ask you again... would you rather have fantasy players, or guys that help you win championships? I promise you those doubles you save are worth just as much as the doubles you hit at the plate, if not more...

I want fantasy players that make me money....Baez and Heyward are useless n fantasy leagues....good backups....

Baez will lead league in SO if he gets qualifying ABs

I want fantasy players that make me money....Baez and Heyward are useless n fantasy leagues....good backups....
    well there's your problem, you think anyone gives two shits about fantasy outside of fantasy. Phillies suck, but maybe they have good fantasy players, you'd know more about than than me probably. I like winners.

Quote Originally Posted by BumgarnerWins View Post
    well there's your problem, you think anyone gives two shits about fantasy outside of fantasy. Phillies suck, but maybe they have good fantasy players, you'd know more about than than me probably. I like winners.

But you like Jay Cuter, and Derrick Rose. How ironic...
    I Heart The Purple....

Quote Originally Posted by choslamshe View Post
    But you like Jay Cuter, and Derrick Rose. How ironic...
    You're a Vikings fan... No one has ever been a winner in a Vikings uniform. Ever. Your best franchise player abuses his children, well, the ones he doesn't completely neglect.

#rekt

If Baez was a winner, he wouldn't be a back up player..

If the Cubs didn't spend millions and millions on Heyward, he would have been just a late inning replacement on any other team...

Bells Beer Connoisseur FairWarning's Avatar

H2H or rotisserie? He would be valuable in the latter.

If Baez was a winner, he wouldn't be a back up player..

If the Cubs didn't spend millions and millions on Heyward, he would have been just a late inning replacement on any other team...
    If you count being a backup as a guy who will likely get 500 plate appearances for the defending World Champs, then I guess he's a backup. In my world, he isn't. He could probably start at THREE different positions on over half the teams in the league....and that's a conservative estimate.

Quote Originally Posted by Valuist View Post
    If you count being a backup as a guy who will likely get 500 plate appearances for the defending World Champs, then I guess he's a backup. In my world, he isn't. He could probably start at THREE different positions on over half the teams in the league....and that's a conservative estimate.
    Not to mention he was a "backup" that played every day in the playoffs for the world champions with the whole roster healthy. What a dumb insult. He also was the MVP of the NLDS and NLCS IMO. Definitely don't beat the Giants without him.

EOG Dedicated

He's an above average offensive hitter in his career that had a terrible 2016 season, and again, fantasy doesn't reward defense, and Heyward is unquestionably the best defensive right fielder in baseball.

I'll ask you again... would you rather have fantasy players, or guys that help you win championships? I promise you those doubles you save are worth just as much as the doubles you hit at the plate, if not more...
    Jason Heyward will be the fourth highest paid player in baseball this year, and the highest paid position player, oh my God. I know he's a great defender, but come on, this guy will "earn" more money than any position player in MLB this season, WOW!
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

It's amazing Javy still has doubters tbh. He's doing something special for Puerto Rico every game. Real baseball fans should be excited about seeing this guy's career develop further, not hating.

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    Jason Heyward will be the fourth highest paid player in baseball this year, and the highest paid position player, oh my God. I know he's a great defender, but come on, this guy will "earn" more money than any position player in MLB this season, WOW!
    It's possible that Heyward is one of the worst contracts the Cubs ever sign, but that he leaves Chicago with 3 or 4 rings.

A weird situation, for sure. I expect him to bounce back offensively before the former comes true.

EOG Dedicated

It's possible that Heyward is one of the worst contracts the Cubs ever sign, but that he leaves Chicago with 3 or 4 rings.

A weird situation, for sure. I expect him to bounce back offensively before the former comes true.
    It would almost be statistically impossible for him to be worse offensively than last year, so his numbers will be better, but how much better is the question, slight improvement over last year's numbers would still be bad, we'll see
    It's not the kill, it's the thrill of the chase

Quote Originally Posted by kane View Post
    It would almost be statistically impossible for him to be worse offensively than last year, so his numbers will be better, but how much better is the question, slight improvement over last year's numbers would still be bad, we'll see
    So he was worth 1.5 WAR last year factoring in his defense. So even if his numbers bounce back slightly offensively, you're looking at around 2.5 WAR. Is that worth his contract? No, but wins are wins. I can name a lot of bad contracts that turn to negative WAR, so it could be worse. He's still a guy worth playing as long as there is an offensive bounce back of any kind.

Conservative estimate is you pay $6,000,000 per WAR on the open market. That's conservative. So a 2.5 WAR Jason heyward, which is still way below his offensive norms, like way way below, would still be worth $15,000,000 on the open market. Maybe you disagree, but numbers tend to be unbiased.

Conservative estimate is you pay $6,000,000 per WAR on the open market. That's conservative. So a 2.5 WAR Jason heyward, which is still way below his offensive norms, like way way below, would still be worth $15,000,000 on the open market. Maybe you disagree, but numbers tend to be unbiased.
    Defensive value is not valued at the same dollar value as offensive value on the open market and defensive abilities regress much more drastically and quickly than offensive abilities due to age.
    tripp blows

I'll worry about Heyward's defense declining in 3-4 years. Won't be soon.

And a lot of things aren't valued properly by GMs... those GMs usually build bad ball clubs. Cubs do not win the 2016 World Series without elite base running and elite defense.

And a lot of things aren't valued properly by GMs... those GMs usually build bad ball clubs. Cubs do not win the 2016 World Series without elite base running and elite defense.
    Are you trying to argue that the Cubs don't win the 2016 without Jason Heyward?
    tripp blows

Quote Originally Posted by Timelytowin View Post
    Are you trying to argue that the Cubs don't win the 2016 without Jason Heyward?
    Is that what I said? Read what I said to yourself and if you still have that question then I have no words and can't help you.

Anyone here think Cespedes doesn't double Heyward in HR's this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
    Anyone here think Cespedes doesn't double Heyward in HR's this year?

Anyone here think Heyward will ever look like a lazy piece of shit like this on a baseball field?

Nope.

http://mediadownloads.mlb.com/mlbam/...sset_2500K.mp4

Add a new 'how bout that?' to the Javy Baez story.

The man that can pimp an inside the park HR out of the box.

As a side note, do you see Heyward lining up with Baez's slide pointing DOWN and to the left?

A lot of MLB players could take note on the way Heyward plays the game... just don't watch him in a batter's box.