Introducing EOG's NBA contest sponsored by BetDSI - Page 3
Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: Introducing EOG's NBA contest sponsored by BetDSI

Default Re: Introducing EOG's NBA contest sponsored by BetDSI

All the plays are archived. No worries.
    Donald Trump is probably one of the most honest people in america right now - mr merlin 06-08-17

I actually couldnt give a damn about the standings until the last month anyway

bushay, you might not want to post standings for a while since it could help other decide to play or worse yet, cause them not to even bother playing if we start winning and have solid records. Currently looking at the standings, people would be stupid not to join with our overall record.

Quote Originally Posted by PO69 View Post
    bushay, you might not want to post standings for a while since it could help other decide to play or worse yet, cause them not to even bother playing if we start winning and have solid records. Currently looking at the standings, people would be stupid not to join with our overall record.
    Didn't we have this little discussion about you running this contest about a week ago PO?

Did you this I suddenly got amnesia?
    Donald Trump is probably one of the most honest people in america right now - mr merlin 06-08-17

No standings tonight. NBA program is a mess. I'll try and have it out asap.

Thru 10-29

Well......that was fast

Username Wins Losses Units Won Units Lost 5000 Plays Left
    po69eog 3 2 300 -204 96 195
    lvbettorsguide 11 10 1100 -1058 42 179
    alldaycapper 1 1 100 -105 -5 198
    JK 2 2 200 -209 -9 196
    WVU nba 3 3 300 -320 -20 194
    yisman 1 3 100 -313 -213 196
    DoItDoug 2 4 200 -424 -224 194
    trytrytry 0 3 0 -306 -306 197
    BigDeem 3 7 300 -714 -414 190
    Total 26 35 2600 -3653 -1053 1739
    Yesterday Wins Losses Units Won Units Lost Net Units
    alldaycapper 1 0 100 0 100
    BigDeem 0 3 0 -301 -301
    DoItDoug 0 0 0 0 0
    JK 0 0 0 0 0
    lvbettorsguide 4 4 400 -423 -23
    po69eog 0 1 0 -103 -103
    trytrytry 0 1 0 -101 -101
    WVU nba 0 0 0 0 0
    yisman 1 1 100 -105 -5

Is it too late to get into the NBA contest?

BEANTOWNJIM IS A STIFF AND A FRAUD

Quote Originally Posted by pudgeman11 View Post
    Is it too late to get into the NBA contest?

no.Still time to get in.
    Quote Originally Posted by GameBred View Post
    Where you guys get the balls to treat LBJ in such a dismissive manner is bothersome to me. I'm no fanboy, I just respect greatness, in a sundry of fields, not just sports. If you don't at least show him respect, I'm not going to show you respect; same rules apply.

Thru 10-30

PO69 still holding onto his lead.

Username Wins Losses Units Won Units Lost 5000 Plays Left
    po69eog 4 2 400 -204 196 194
    alldaycapper 1 1 100 -105 -5 198
    JK 2 2 200 -209 -9 196
    WVU nba 3 3 300 -320 -20 194
    lvbettorsguide 12 12 1200 -1268 -68 176
    trytrytry 1 3 100 -306 -206 196
    yisman 1 3 100 -313 -213 196
    DoItDoug 2 4 200 -424 -224 194
    BigDeem 3 7 300 -714 -414 190
    Total 29 37 2900 -3863 -963 1734
    Yesterday Wins Losses Units Won Units Lost Net Units
    alldaycapper 0 0 0 0 0
    BigDeem 0 0 0 0 0
    DoItDoug 0 0 0 0 0
    JK 0 0 0 0 0
    lvbettorsguide 1 2 100 -210 -110
    po69eog 1 0 100 0 100
    trytrytry 1 0 100 0 100
    WVU nba 0 0 0 0 0
    yisman 0 0 0 0 0

On Saturday on October 29th I was 110 - 10. I had five plays Sunday October 30th. I went, 2 - 2 -1, putting my record at 13 - 12 - 1. Please make these corrections. Thank you.

So this contest isn't going to get close to 40.

OK..He found a flaw in the program and fixed it. New updated standings thru 10-30

Username Wins Losses Total Plays Left
    JK 3 1 198 196
    po69eog 4 2 196 194
    lvbettorsguide 13 12 32 175
    alldaycapper 1 1 -5 198
    trytrytry 2 2 -5 196
    WVU nba 3 3 -20 194
    yisman 1 3 -213 196
    DoItDoug 2 4 -224 194
    BigDeem 3 7 -414 190
    Total 32 35 -455 1733
    Yesterday Wins Losses Net Units
    alldaycapper 0 0 0
    BigDeem 0 0 0
    DoItDoug 0 0 0
    JK 0 0 0
    lvbettorsguide 2 2 -10
    po69eog 1 0 100
    trytrytry 1 0 100
    WVU nba 0 0 0
    yisman 0 0 0
    Total 4 2 190

Quote Originally Posted by Sportsrmylife View Post
    So this contest isn't going to get close to 40.
    Nope..horrible turnout. Mind boggling. I figured this would fill up quickly.

How do we get 40 for a HOCKEY contest around here and 10 for basketball.

If this contest was posted on Twitter you'd get 40 people easily. The EOG twitter page is pretty much useless. That page hasn't even talked about the show or any of their contests once. I don't get it.
    You got to lose to know how to win.

Poorly promoted and explained. You can't just say "its like the hockey contest".

I got in because I saw a big overlay opportunity, but this has been poorly organized.

I hope there are several last minute additions. Start a few threads. Personally reach out to anybody that's been on the radio show or given an opportunity to win money here from another contest. Zero reason this shouldn't be at least 20 people.

Quote Originally Posted by WeinketoWarrick View Post
    Poorly promoted and explained. You can't just say "its like the hockey contest".

I got in because I saw a big overlay opportunity, but this has been poorly organized.

I hope there are several last minute additions. Start a few threads. Personally reach out to anybody that's been on the radio show or given an opportunity to win money here from another contest. Zero reason this shouldn't be at least 20 people.
    This site has lost a lot of posters. Posters who left for TGF to play in free contests. They don't post up and their here to clown only. Let them go. None of them are missed. But you're right...it was slow to be announced and a little poorly promoted. But its not like people don't know about it. Word has been spread about quite a few other forums.

What part of poorly explained ...lol did you not understand? What other questions do you have? ....Its all on the signup site which has been up for a couple weeks now. And it's absolutely no different than the hockey contest. Which gets 40 every single year. Out of 40, maybe 2 people asked me to clarify the rules. What don't you understand? This site in the past would have had 40 signups in a week. The poster count is way down. And that's the reason for the poor turnout. It's been promoted at Peeps, TGF, and the RX and on the radio multiple times. Most sites don't like you posting about contests at a rival site. I got my PMs taken away and banned for doing it at the RX. If you haven't clicked on the hockey contest threads and noticed its well run and a success I can't help you.

You want a tutorial to figure it out?

Quote Originally Posted by alldaycapper View Post
    If this contest was posted on Twitter you'd get 40 people easily. The EOG twitter page is pretty much useless. That page hasn't even talked about the show or any of their contests once. I don't get it.
    I don't have a Twitter Basketball following. And frankly, haven't got one Twitter contact to signing up for the hockey contest and I've promoted it along with Slyone several times. I also don't have access to the EOG Twitter page. In fact, I didn't even know there was one. I don't follow sites like that anyways.

Just for the record I'm not placing any blame on you Bushay. I don't understand what EOG is doing to try and promote anything from the show to the contests. It should be all over their Twitter page. I spent more time promoting the grand challenge on Twitter when I was in it. Guess the boys in Costa Rica don't care.

Somebody's defensive

There was no signup deadline, no breakdown of payout positions. People want to know those things before signing up.

There was no signup deadline, no breakdown of payout positions. People want to know those things before signing up.
    You were the first to signup. So you didn't seem to have an issue understanding the rules. And it was mentioned no less than twice in this thread as well as on the sign-up page. Ray Charles could see that...what problem were you having? We extended it so we could get some more sign ups. There's no breakdown of payouts because we didn't know how many were actually going to join. But it was mentioned on the radio show a few times if we got to 40 its would be $3000-$1500-$500. Same as the hockey contest. But again...you were the first to join so it obviously wasn't an issue for you then but for some reason it's an issue with you now?

Did you want to know the method of payment we would be sending out as well? Along with a notary public's signature. lol. There's 11 guys in this.

These 2 reasons are the reasons you think people have not signed up for this? lol. If it was that important they could/would have asked in the thread and been given a responce promptly.

But you signed up after having ALL these things that got your panties and a bunch and never asked a single question till now.

Somebody's defensive
    Somebody's retarded.

Go fuck yourself Bushay.

I signed up because it's an EOG contest to support and it's a +EV opportunity. I was confident that I would participate regardless of the details.

But others might not have been so inclined. Some people want to know the "if under 10, winner take all, if 10-20 people then pay 1st and 2nd, etc." details.

Clearly something went wrong to have so few sign-ups.

Perhaps people just didn't want to deal with you.

Go fuck yourself Bushay.

I signed up because it's an EOG contest to support and it's a +EV opportunity. I was confident that I would participate regardless of the details.

But others might not have been so inclined. Some people want to know the "if under 10, winner take all, if 10-20 people then pay 1st and 2nd, etc." details.

Clearly something went wrong to have so few sign-ups.

Perhaps people just didn't want to deal with you.
    yea...that must be it. Yet 40 hockey contestants just keep coming back for more.

if people had questions all they had to do was ask. I run a good contest and get a little short when i'm attacked by idiots like you who make reckless comments. And will in the future as well, when dealing with an idiot.

go join one of boats hillbilly contests with stale lines and he disqualifies you from a prize when you don't answer "in" when you join. lol.

Haven't been here in years, sounds fun. Just sent JK my $100 I'm in!

Who's Boat?

Maybe a deadline and finalizing payouts would be nice

I can assure you there's only one of us who really looks the part of idiot here.

Calling one of your few participants a reckless idiot and encouraging him to go to another site is not the soundest promotional strategy.

Lighten the fuck up, Francis.

Venetian. is in

I will advertise this at TGF and maybe a few of those guys will join

Entry deadline is Tuesday, November 1 at 11:59 p.m. PT.

Let's move on. I promise you don't know a fraction of what's going on here to try and make this work. Yet you're going off like a child. You win.

OK I made a post at TGF about this contest and the fact that it is currently VERY +++EV!

Not only is there an added 125%, but most guys are really sucking it up right now as well. I want more players because I dont want to make 200 picks for just a $1100 pool or so. we need at least 25. Come on guys

Since this is a season long contest why does the deadline have to be November 1st?

Yes I understand the early deadline if this was filling up. Instead why not give two more weeks to promote the contest to see if we can get to the 40 entries.

Just a thought.

I'm still entering yet JK. I won't place a play until my money is sent just to be fair.

If he extends the deadline another week or so, will you pay tomorrow?

I mean no reason to wait and every extra entry gets us closer and more people will join with more money in the pool. We already have at least 3 more entries paid than what is in the standings currently. If you pay then maybe others will join